PDA

View Full Version : Is this a problem for this Forum?

timmylish
12-12-2014, 16:22
in the event of excerpts from local newspapers being relayed here, ie excerpts from Island Communications being rehashed and shown either in part or in full?

TOTO 99
12-12-2014, 17:53
in the event of excerpts from local newspapers being relayed here, ie excerpts from Island Communications being rehashed and shown either in part or in full?

Have you missed the link off Timmy?

I'm guessing you're talking about Google pulling the Spanish news from their site because new laws say it has to be paid for?...If so I'd say it's a problem for a lot of sites.

Also, why are you posting in the day?..I look forward to seeing your late night seethings when I wake up in a morning...:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
13-12-2014, 01:30
Have you missed the link off Timmy?

I'm guessing you're talking about Google pulling the Spanish news from their site because new laws say it has to be paid for?...If so I'd say it's a problem for a lot of sites.

Also, why are you posting in the day?..I look forward to seeing your late night seethings when I wake up in a morning...:laugh:

is that the Canarian Weekly stuff - they've been doing that for ages

TOTO 99
13-12-2014, 06:42
is that the Canarian Weekly stuff - they've been doing that for ages

Forgiven because you've been drinking.......:lol:

Tony the Welder
13-12-2014, 09:36
sorry think I have lost the plot totally lost

TOTO 99
13-12-2014, 10:15
sorry think I have lost the plot totally lost

I think Timmy was getting at the news regarding Google are no longer showing any Spanish news reports on their news search page.

This is because Spain has now passed a ruling which says anyone wishing to reproduce it's news on their sites will have to pay for it. ( Fat chance ).....so you won't see Spanish news on Google any more.

This forum sometimes shows posts from Canarian weekly (spanish news in other words) and I think Timmy is wondering if that will now have to stop...........But I'm only guessing that's what his post was about...:tiphat:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30449117

Malteser Monkey
13-12-2014, 11:41
I think Timmy was getting at the news regarding Google are no longer showing any Spanish news reports on their news search page.

This is because Spain has now passed a ruling which says anyone wishing to reproduce it's news on their sites will have to pay for it. ( Fat chance ).....so you won't see Spanish news on Google any more.

This forum sometimes shows posts from Canarian weekly (spanish news in other words) and I think Timmy is wondering if that will now have to stop...........But I'm only guessing that's what his post was about...:tiphat:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30449117

Well done that man - now I understand !

Angusjim
13-12-2014, 11:59
Well done that man - now I understand !

More than well done its a miracle:lol:

timmylish
13-12-2014, 18:54
My thanks to the patience shown by some on here. Yes I forgot to include the report by google.
Toto I,m not too sure how I came to be scribing during the hours of daylight and, as you correctly indicate, after dark is more my scene. Now AJ as you well know me and miracles often go to-gether.
Going back to this day-time postings I will try to refrain from this as clearly some are offended by me taking their space.
Anyway, now that everyone knows my original intentions, does the Forum need to be careful on this subject?

TOTO 99
13-12-2014, 21:00
My thanks to the patience shown by some on here. Yes I forgot to include the report by google.
Toto I,m not too sure how I came to be scribing during the hours of daylight and, as you correctly indicate, after dark is more my scene. Now AJ as you well know me and miracles often go to-gether.
Going back to this day-time postings I will try to refrain from this as clearly some are offended by me taking their space.
Anyway, now that everyone knows my original intentions, does the Forum need to be careful on this subject?

Lol..firstly, absolutely no need to refrain from posting in daylight. You are indeed a night owl and yours are usualy the first posts I see when I log on in a morning. Just because it entertains me doesn't mean you are restricted to the twilight zone..lol

As for the Spanish news thing, my first thoughts when I saw it were that the rather popular JA site always carries the BBC and El Pais news on a daily basis. I'm guessing that might have to change?

I don't know if the same applies across the board but I can't see them being able to police it on sites such as this where it's second or third hand. Time will tell...:tiphat:

admin
13-12-2014, 21:07

The forum has an agreement with Canarian Weekly to have an automatic post of news stories from their blog. We have had for ages, so there is no problem. Each story links directly to the source, i.e. their website, for the whole story. If the Canarian Weekly news is legal, so is ours... and I presume that they will have to come into line if it indeed becomes a problem for them, otherwise the news will simply stop posting automatically on the forum.

Tony the Welder
14-12-2014, 00:51
The forum has an agreement with Canarian Weekly to have an automatic post of news stories from their blog. We have had for ages, so there is no problem. Each story links directly to the source, i.e. their website, for the whole story. If the Canarian Weekly news is legal, so is ours... and I presume that they will have to come into line if it indeed becomes a problem for them, otherwise the news will simply stop posting automatically on the forum.
legal , legal , is this a chuby song

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Lol..firstly, absolutely no need to refrain from posting in daylight. You are indeed a night owl and yours are usualy the first posts I see when I log on in a morning. Just because it entertains me doesn't mean you are restricted to the twilight zone..lol

As for the Spanish news thing, my first thoughts when I saw it were that the rather popular JA site always carries the BBC and El Pais news on a daily basis. I'm guessing that might have to change?

I don't know if the same applies across the board but I can't see them being able to police it on sites such as this where it's second or third hand. Time will tell...:tiphat:
thank you, the message I have enterd is to short so thank you again