PDA

View Full Version : Laws & Regulations Google v Spain's government's new news laws.

timmylish
15-12-2014, 17:54
Well,, following upon my recent venture into intellectual views on this Forum I feel obliged to include the following additional comments from Google on their withdrawal from Spanish News etc in various media outlets, I find this attack on the Spanisg Governments lacvk of precise knowledge of how the internet really works to-day! To put it mildly its an out and out attack on the Government and its laws. I have to say that insofar as I understand the situation I entirely endorse this long overdue attack on Spain. Its long, long overdue, imho. Give yourselves a couple of minutes to read this as you should be interested if you live here, have kids here and use the internet, to any great extent!

http://www.zdnet.com/article/spains-google-link-tax-clearly-insane-law-may-hurt-the-news-companies-it-seeks-to-protect/?tag=nl.e552&s_cid=e552&ttag=e552&ftag=TRE3e6936e

Hope you enjoy.

ps. to Toto, I do apologise for this early, in the day, forray into the Forum. I shall try to refrain from making this a habit!

bonitatime
16-12-2014, 08:54
Although the Law has yet to come into force we have stopped linking to news site who claim they will be happy to charge for this and I now seldom even look at them
There are always alternative site where news can be found

timmylish
16-12-2014, 14:05
Although the Law has yet to come into force we have stopped linking to news site who claim they will be happy to charge for this and I now seldom even look at them
There are always alternative site where news can be found

I think you are being quite prudent. As you might realise this posting is really a follow up to my previous on on Google which met wwith some derision. Good to see that at least a couple of Forum members uderstand where I was coming from!
ps. Toto, no daytime comment? Teh He.