PDA

View Full Version : Other Are there any 'sing along' carol concerts in Tenerife?

BoPeep
19-12-2014, 18:29
Is there any concerts being held where you can all join in to 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing' and the like?

It doesnt feel like Christmas without a carol service, is San Blas centre church doing one?

primrose
19-12-2014, 18:48
Is there any concerts being held where you can all join in to 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing' and the like?

It doesnt feel like Christmas without a carol service, is San Blas centre church doing one?

6th International Carol Festival - 6º Festival Internacional de Villancicos
23 December at 19:00
Plaza Mirador de la Gomera, Callao Salvaje (at the seafront)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Christmas carol concert in Church Square church, Los Cristianos, 8.30pm this Friday

A multi-national and multi-lingual choir which belongs to the Arona School of Music and Dance will be holding its Christmas concert this Friday, 19 December at 8.30pm in the Nuestra Señora del Carmen church in the main square, Los Cristianos. The female choir has members from Tenerife, mainland Spain, England, France, Germany, Italy, Rumania, Argentina and Brazil, and led by director and professional soprano Candelaria Gónzalez Torres, will be performing Christmas carols in the various languages of the group.

Christmas carol concert in Church Square church, Los Cristianos, 8.30pm this Friday

BoPeep
19-12-2014, 19:05
I did know about the Los Cris one but I thought that sounded rather more of a concert that you listen too rather than sing along.

primrose
19-12-2014, 19:47
I did know about the Los Cris one but I thought that sounded rather more of a concert that you listen too rather than sing along.

Yes I thought that, would like to go to a good old fashioned sing-a-long Carol Service with mince pies and coffee after.

BoPeep
20-12-2014, 16:04
We went to the Carol service at Los Cris which started promptly at 8.30 in the church and only lasted 1/2 hour. It wasnt very obvious that it was inside as only the side door was open which made me wonder how many people were outside waiting.....
The carols were fun to listen to but you were not expected to join in even if you knew them. The choir sang one carol that I knew, Silent Night, and each group of nationalities in the choir sang a chorus in their own language which was very nice. That was the only piece that I knew.
The conductor sang one song on her own, clearly a gifted soprano, had a false start on her guitar and had to start again. Quite surprising but quaint, typical Tenerife!