PDA

View Full Version : A bin lorry has smashed into a crowd of shoppers in Glasgow city centre killing six

chris
22-12-2014, 17:03
This happened at 14.30 today. Terrible news

martincrabb99
22-12-2014, 17:08
Unfortunately it seems there are six fatalities

Ecky Thump
22-12-2014, 17:14
Very sad incident, it happened in George Square.

Lots of different stories, reports and rumours to say how it happened.

The latest reports are now not saying exactly how many have died, only that there have been "several" deaths and serious injuries.

Glasgow bin lorry crash: Latest updates - Mirror Online - Daily Mirror
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/glasgow-bin-lorry-crash-live-4855642
1 hour ago - The bin lorry mounted the pavement and crashed into the side of the Millennium Hotel in George Square this afternoon as a crowd waited to ...

imablue
22-12-2014, 17:25
Just seen this on yahoo breaking news,very sad to hear this ....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/glasgow-bin-lorry-crashes-pedestrians-150402796.html#KxpDRnW

Leam_Lin
22-12-2014, 17:42

TOTO 99
22-12-2014, 18:06
Absolutely shocking. Thoughts are with them. So close to Christmas.
Last Christmas it was the helicopter incident.

Medman
22-12-2014, 19:21
Absolutely horrific. At least 6 killed. Another tragedy for Glasgow. Casualties had no chance. My God, innocent lives can be taken away so easily and unexpectedly. Prayers for the families involved.

melm
22-12-2014, 19:28
Shocking to say the least. I know this area really well and this lorry travelled quite a distance before crashing into the Millenium Hotel. Reports suggest the driver was slumped over the steering wheel.

Six now confirmed dead. How do you cope with this kind of tragedy? Its just so sad for all involved. God bless.

macdonald5
22-12-2014, 20:35
Have just caught this horrific news No words can help Thoughts with everyone sadly involved in horror

imablue
22-12-2014, 22:23
There was a lady on before who witnessed it all, she couldn,t bring herself to talk of the horrors she saw ...heartfelt sympathy goes out to all who were involved.
kiddies as well she said ..

Medman
22-12-2014, 22:28
There was a lady on before who witnessed it all, she couldn,t bring herself to talk of the horrors she saw ...heartfelt sympathy goes out to all who were involved.
kiddies as well she said ..

There was bound to be kids about as there is an ice rink and funfair in George Square at this time of here. Makes it even worse somehow. Still shocked just reading and hearing about it.

melm
22-12-2014, 23:32
There was bound to be kids about as there is an ice rink and funfair in George Square at this time of here. Makes it even worse somehow. Still shocked just reading and hearing about it.

Still cant get my head round this. If the lorry had gone in at the bottom end of George square it could have been so much worse. It would have gone right into the funfair and you can just imagine the carnage. Somebody up there was looking out for these children because this could well have been the outcome as it was by some miracle the lorry didnt come to a stop there. Doesn't bare thinking about.

timmylish
22-12-2014, 23:47
My daughter contacted me to let us know she was safe and well as she was at a bus stop in George Sq. when this accident happened. She was too upset to carry on going to work so it must have been a real shocker.
Yet again thoughts go out to my fellow Glaswegians at this time.

imablue
23-12-2014, 00:00
Ours do as well Timmy...

macdonald5
23-12-2014, 01:20
I crossed this area often in business, had coffee etc in the hotel involved , trying hard not to think about the poor people caught up in this horrific accident RIP to them xx

Ecky Thump
23-12-2014, 16:46
I heard on the radio today that the police have reported that sadly three of the people who died at the scene of the accident were from one Dumbarton family, Grandparents (aged 68 & 69) and their teenage 18yr old Granddaughter.