PDA

View Full Version : Health Getting strong painkillers in Tenerife

bogbrush
24-12-2014, 17:44
Hi all

About to come to Tenerife for a week or so and have a couple of knee / achilles tendinopathy problems, for which I have found medications like tramadol to be the most effective. I saw this earlier thread on this forum http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?12994-Can-you-buy-Naproxen-500mg-over-the-counter-in-Tenerife/page2

and wondered if any had any recent experience of getting painkillers eg tramadol from the pharmacy mentioned - or any others.

Thanks in advance.

timmylish
24-12-2014, 19:04
As a user of Oxycontin who moved up from Tramadol I think that you will find it impossible to get Tramadol here without a prescription. The thread which you mentioned abouve is almost 3 years old and things might have changed since then.

lynno52
24-12-2014, 19:21
Just wondering if your GP has prescribed them before for you, then couldn't they prescribe them so that you can take them with you?

Ecky Thump
24-12-2014, 20:40
Just wondering if your GP has prescribed them before for you, then couldn't they prescribe them so that you can take them with you?

I can't see any problem in a GP giving a prescription for them before they leave, I have been taking 20mg Morphine tablets for seven years and always take a months supply to cover the period of my holiday.

bogbrush
25-12-2014, 00:15
All

Thanks for responses (and Merry Christmas)

There is something of a difference of opinion between my GP and me as to which painkiller is the most effective, hence the prescription issue, but Tramadol definitely works best for me.

Andy0210
25-12-2014, 22:15
They arenīt quite Tramadol but NAPROXEN or Naproxeno Sodico as they are called here, 550mg are excellent, they are a really strong painkiller and available without prescription.

bogbrush
26-12-2014, 01:05
Thanks - although Naproxen looks like it has some horrible side effects - http://www.drugs.com/sfx/naproxen-side-effects.html

2012 is indeed a few years ago, but on the other hand it's only 3 - depends how you look at it! I know the UK has tightened up on it recently, but don't believe other EU countries have.

Here's hoping someone may have more up to date info!

Miss Moneypenny
26-12-2014, 05:16
Tramdol is prescription only, naproxen is not.....I am petty certain