PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Musician, singer and acoustic guitarist available for work

Shamey
29-12-2014, 19:04
Hi All,

I've just recently moved to the South of the Island and I am a Musician available for any venues large or small here in the South.

I have a broad repertoire of Acoustic Classics to Modern Hits and a huge selection of Irish Sing-a-Long and Drinking Songs, without the usual backing tracks unless preferred.

I also have, if required, a modern fully equipped and very powerful Sound System to accommodate any sized venue - for those venues that would not ordinarily feature Live Music.

I'm also available for Private Functions at very reasonable rates.

For further information or bookings please feel free to contact me at anytime by PM.

Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New Year to All.
Shamey.

KirstyJay
29-12-2014, 21:27
If you've just moved here, you need to go around the bars and venues and offer to do an open spot. That's the only way to get work on the circuit here. If you're good, you may get a few cover spots that may turn into regular bookings.

Good luck and welcome to the forum :)

Shamey
30-12-2014, 10:53
Thanks Kirsty,

I've been around and I am offering try-out deals to bars. I have to arrange one today as it happens, however, the Circuit appears to, from my relatively ignorant perspective, contain the regular Cabaret/Tribute acts, which do gather the crowds. The thing is, what I do is a lot different from that norm - not as usual I suppose & works out a much longer show so it's select venues I'm targeting. For instance, if a venue had popular Elvis Tributes and the like 6 nights a week, my act would likely fall like a lead balloon on the 7th night, solely for the fact that it's acoustic, intimate, and I suppose not as lively and raucous - which the customers seem to prefer when going to see the Acts on the "Circuit", as I understand it.

Anyway, to keep a long story long but a little shorter. I'll keep walking about and trying my best. I just want to advertise on all platforms available to me at the same time. If you do, however, come across any bars or restaurants looking for a more moderate, easy-going Live Music Act lasting 2 & 1/2 hours for very reasonable rates, please refer them to me. I would be forever in your debt.

Thanks again, & take care.
Shamey

seanocelt
30-12-2014, 16:35
pm me . I do Irish Bars here, will give you info.

Angusjim
30-12-2014, 16:50
pm me . I do Irish Bars here, will give you info.

Shamey "oor" Sean wil keep you right top bloke:tiphat:

Suzieramo
12-08-2015, 16:53
Hi there, are you still in Tenerife? I am having a wedding and we are looking for someone to play live music whilst we are getting photos taken etc. We are getting married in La Orotava. Do you have any demo's/sound clips/video's you can send me?

Thanking you!

LUCKY
12-08-2015, 17:47
Hi there, are you still in Tenerife? I am having a wedding and we are looking for someone to play live music whilst we are getting photos taken etc. We are getting married in La Orotava. Do you have any demo's/sound clips/video's you can send me?

Thanking you!

Don't hold breath he aint been on here since 12/1/2015 , :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:
ps why not PM seanocelt

seanocelt
13-08-2015, 01:29
he did get in touch we tried to meet a few times, think he may have left.

Sheridan French
13-08-2015, 20:34
Hi Sean just wondering if you still have spots open for singers I'm thinking over coming over to live out there but thought I'd check and see if there's any availability xx

seanocelt
14-08-2015, 12:19
PM what you do will advise on what i know so varied here

Sheridan French
14-08-2015, 16:38
I sing covers haven't performed for a number of years but could easily get back into it I just wanted to see what the availability for sort of an artist who does mixed covers thanks

seanocelt
15-08-2015, 11:05
sing or sing and play?

Sheridan French
15-08-2015, 15:07
Just sing unfortunately that's my only downfall

seanocelt
16-08-2015, 13:27
theres lots of singers id suggest a long holiday check out as many as yu can give you an idea of standards and gig set up, good lucl.

sapper2403
17-08-2015, 12:20
It helps if you play at the charity events where you get to know other artist of whom some are very helpful. We do the Lions in Costa Silencio but others are the canine events and you will find one happening nearly every fortnight somewhere in the south. Just had ours last weeks in Pal Mar and was terrific really good artists on and lots of laughs. We had Jed Bolton who i have watched for over 15 years and he is still good.