PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone having trouble with the BBC signal?

almendros
02-01-2015, 19:45
Is anybody having trouble receiving BBC signal. We had a satellite system installed 3 years ago at a significant cost in our Complex of 68 apartments and the suppliers now say they cannot retune BBC. Is anyone else having problems receiving BBC. Thanks

sdmc1960
02-01-2015, 19:58
Which apartment block are you on? We use a WiMAX signal to receive our UK TV and have no issues. We are situated near the Gran Sur shopping centre.

almendros
02-01-2015, 22:56
sdmc1960 we are in Los Almendros just up from Grand Sur

sdmc1960
03-01-2015, 08:59
Quite close, we are in Oasis de Fanabe. Have you sorted the BBC signal, or are you still having issues? As I said, out WiMAX signal is doing fine.

cressrt
03-01-2015, 09:14
I think you are talking at cross purposes, the original post was regarding a "Satellite" system. this is different to Wimax. You can receive BBC on a Satellite if it is retuned properly, we have one on our Finca which was retuned successfully last year, I can give you the name of the person who retuned ours if you wish,

TonyLA2
03-01-2015, 11:37
Is anybody having trouble receiving BBC signal. We had a satellite system installed 3 years ago at a significant cost in our Complex of 68 apartments and the suppliers now say they cannot retune BBC. Is anyone else having problems receiving BBC. Thanks

We had a similar problem on our complex but somebody recommended David Baer who came and spent several hours fine tuning our dish and the improvement was remarkable! He will look at it and if he thinks he can't improve it he will tell you and not charge. Very reasonable cost we thought for a huge improvement in reception. his email address is *removed* hope this helps.

admin
03-01-2015, 12:53
We had a similar problem on our complex but somebody recommended David Baer who came and spent several hours fine tuning our dish and the improvement was remarkable! He will look at it and if he thinks he can't improve it he will tell you and not charge. Very reasonable cost we thought for a huge improvement in reception. his email address is *removed* hope this helps.I have edited you post to remove personal details as it's against forum rules (showthread.php?89-Tenerife-Forum-Rules) to post them on the main forum.

If you wish to send either your own or someone else's email or mobile number, please use the PM system. This rule exists for privacy protection. Only fixed landline numbers of businesses are allowed, or if you can link to a businesses webpage with their contact details on, even better.

Thanks. :)

essexeddie
03-01-2015, 18:32
There's always problems with TV on Tenerife. We loose ours when ever it rains, which thankfully is not often.

cressrt
03-01-2015, 18:33
I can concur the recommendation but his name is actually David Bär.