PDA

View Full Version : Other What do you put in your information book for guests?

KirstyJay
10-01-2015, 18:12
If you are renting out your apartment on a touristic complex, then you would normally have a book in the apartment with information for your guests.

What sort of information would you include in your book?

There would be the usual...

Emergency contact details
Doctor's surgery location
Pharmacy information
Local restaurants & bars

but what else do you provide in your apartment?

I thought it might be helpful for new members and/or owners to compile a list. :)

warbey
10-01-2015, 21:42
As Books can and do go Walkies, I would consider Web access to all the Details Youi can think of..

Location of stop **** and Fuse Box..;~~ for **** read Tap. (censored word.)

Telephone Numbers for everyone connected.

Leam_Lin
11-01-2015, 10:47
Where not to go, rip off shops, bars & restaurants etc.. Shops, bars & restaurants that others staying in the apartment have enjoyed.

warbey
11-01-2015, 21:45
If it were You Kirsty, I would also make at least one copy of Your Area Map You worked hard on some Years ago.

I use it quite a few times still..

It could also highlight any Bus Route for the more adventurous.

If possible I would Laminate Pages . They last a lot longer.....

Angusjim
11-01-2015, 22:04
Don't answer any questions about the cost you paid to people with clip boards:whistle:

kingbaker
11-01-2015, 22:47
Where not to go, rip off shops, bars & restaurants etc.. Shops, bars & restaurants that others staying in the apartment have enjoyed.

I'd check out the Libel Laws before I'd do anything of this sort.

Tony the Welder
11-01-2015, 23:21
If you are renting out your apartment on a touristic complex, then you would normally have a book in the apartment with information for your guests.

What sort of information would you include in your book?

There would be the usual...

Emergency contact details
Doctor's surgery location
Pharmacy information
Local restaurants & bars

but what else do you provide in your apartment?

I thought it might be helpful for new members and/or owners to compile a list. :)
information on how to use the washing machine and the location of the nearest bar

Ecky Thump
11-01-2015, 23:26
A warning about the dangers of carrying large amounts of cash.....general awareness of personal safety.

martincrabb99
11-01-2015, 23:33
information on how to use the washing machine and the location of the nearest bar

Now that's a definite, I flooded my apartment once whilst attempting to wash my gear and had to go to a bar to recover...after mopping up[emoji2]

Leam_Lin
12-01-2015, 00:08
[QUOTE=kingbaker;437966]I'd check out the Libel Laws before I'd do anything of this sort.[/QU

Yeh!!!!!!!!

Ecky Thump
12-01-2015, 00:19

I'd check out the Libel Laws before I'd do anything of this sort.

If it's a apartment that you are letting to family and friends, I can't see how a note of caution about a particular shop or cafe can be seen as libellous, you would not be making a public announcement. :nono:

kingbaker
12-01-2015, 08:22
Coz loose lips sink ships;)

Tony the Welder
12-01-2015, 08:54
Now that's a definite, I flooded my apartment once whilst attempting to wash my gear and had to go to a bar to recover...after mopping up[emoji2]
yes it as happend to me

tfs1
12-01-2015, 11:40

We rent our apartment out via the onsite agent and would never include anything like this in an info pack, not because of any libel possibilities but because it is a personal view, a bar I dont like because its noisy, for eample, maybe someone elses cup of tea.

However, you could also have a visitors book so guests staying in the apartment can leave their own feedback on good / bad places to eat etc.

Malteser Monkey
12-01-2015, 14:04
As Books can and do go Walkies, I would consider Web access to all the Details Youi can think of..

Location of stop **** and Fuse Box..;~~ for **** read Tap. (censored word.)

Telephone Numbers for everyone connected.

only you :D

timmylish
12-01-2015, 14:10
Here we go again. Too afraid to call people out. We had this aired a couple of years ago after numerous complaints were being made by tourists about unethical, Asian shops nearby! I stood my ground and stated, unequivocally, that any know rip off shops should be pointed out to incoming, new holidaymakers. So check the law, whit, in Spain. Yer 'arvin a laarf, int you? Just watched 'Rip-Off Britain' and they don,t waste time getting copies of the relevant Acts of Parliament! I will not be hesitating in advising our clients should the occasion arise! As long as I have information of a particular shop perpetrating acts of clear dishonesty I shall be advising all who use our apartment and at the same time advising good value shops and outlets.