PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell us of colleges near the Golf del Sur?

terri.sparks.75
11-01-2015, 11:25
We are relocating in 2016 (we have jobs to go to - so need for advice there). We know the school the youngest will be going to, but we are finding it hard to find colleges on line (we need to apply to reserve a place) can anyone advise or direct us towards Web pages for colleges in and around golf del sur. Many thanks for your help in advance.

KirstyJay
11-01-2015, 11:31
Do you mean colleges for over 18 or secondary schools (institutos) for 12-17 year olds?

Your best bet would probably be Wingate sixth form unless your child is fluent Spanish... http://www.wingateschool.com/sixthform.php

terri.sparks.75
11-01-2015, 11:33
Thank you.
Wingate the youngest is going to. My son - the one needing college will be 17 when we move. Looking to do computer science. At present they have basic spanish but are continually learning so hopefully have conversational spanish by 2016

KirstyJay
11-01-2015, 11:40
In order to study at a Spanish college he will need fluent Spanish as the classes will be taught in Spanish, so maybe an online course in Computer science would be better for him? I know the instituto in Alcalá does college level courses, but that's miles from the Golf. You could try the instituto at Los Cristianos, because it's a big one and is likely to do more courses. It's the only place in the south you can do performing arts, so that's a good sign for other subjects... but he'll have to speak Spanish to understand the lessons!

At 17, most Spanish kids are just finishing their bachillerato (A level equivalent) and then choose to go to University, with ULL (University of La Laguna www.ull.es) being the place of choice for the majority on the island. He would need Spanish to study there, so I would have thought online study would be better.

terri.sparks.75
11-01-2015, 11:43
Thank you kirsty jay for your advice. Had a feeling this might be the case, but it's better to plan/know in advance.

KirstyJay
11-01-2015, 17:32
No problem. Here to help :)