PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone moved their Spanish bank account to Santander?

tfs1
13-01-2015, 23:52
For many years we have had a Banco Popular bank account to deal with our direct debits / standing orders etc.

Recently our local branch in Spain was closed down and moved to the next nearest branch which is a significant distance away - and it is a very very busy branch. parking is a nightmare, the 2 counters are open (if you are lucky), queues out of the door.

Although internet banking allows us to view transactions we have to go to the branch for any banking queries, changes to payments etc, the call centre is pretty hopeless as there reply is 'pop into the branch and discuss it'.

We could request a branch move from our branch in Spain to Los Cristianos. However, given the issue we have and their ever increasing banking fees mean now is a good time to review who looks after our direct debits etc.

So - we are looking to move to Santander in Los Cristianos, 3€ a month banking fees are 1/2 what we currently pay.

Has anyone moved from a Spanish bank to Santander.es - my concern is how they manage the move of the SO/DD - they tell me they sort everything out and not to worry - but how successful are they in moving from one bank to another ?

Any feedback would be useful before we take the plunge.

Megaloo
14-01-2015, 00:26
I moved from BBVA to Solbank no problems at all very smooth change over

essexeddie
14-01-2015, 20:20
I was going to move from Barclay's to Santander but chickened out. Its not like the UK which I have done many times. Far too much hassle.

tfs1
09-02-2015, 13:15
Just walked up to the Santander branch in the Passerella centre and the branch is closed today due to 'technical' reasons - outside ATM still working I believe.