PDA

View Full Version : Other Are there any table tennis clubs In Tenerife?

Andi Hart
21-01-2015, 18:24
I've seen on this forum on many occasions people looking for a club or partner to play with. I come to Tenerife a couple of times a year and would love to have a game or two. I'm also thinking of moving over in the next couple of years so might be looking to start a club if nothing is already in place. Does anyone have ANY info on table tennis on the island which would assist me in my quest?

Paul Ellerington
18-02-2015, 11:18
I've seen on this forum on many occasions people looking for a club or partner to play with. I come to Tenerife a couple of times a year and would love to have a game or two. I'm also thinking of moving over in the next couple of years so might be looking to start a club if nothing is already in place. Does anyone have ANY info on table tennis on the island which would assist me in my quest?

Yes, there is a very active table tennis structure in Tenerife and the standard is quite high. However all the clubs are in the north. There are no clubs in the south. The closest club is about 30 mins drive north from Los Cristianos.
I play at any and every opportunity but I have always struggled to find other players. A few of the hotels have good facilities and occasionally they have good players staying. Over the years I've got to know a number. January/February seems to be the most popular time for them to come.
I spend most of the winter in Tenerife and would be delighted to hear from you with a view to arranging a game.
Paul 922 723411

tenerife-lover
30-04-2015, 03:04
I'm staying in Adeje area (south by L.A) 3rd May - 13th, I'd be up for a game... My hotel has a couple of tables but don't know if they're any good (sometimes a bit ropey the hotel tables).. But i'm of a decent standard.... Being a 'normal' tennis player for many years.

So if either of you are about for a game? Table tennis, squash or tennis I'd be up for any of them.

Paul Ellerington
30-04-2015, 09:15
Sorry, I'm now back in the UK for the summer and won't be returning to Tenerife till October time. I hope you manage to find someone to give you a reasonable game. Please let me know as and when your next visit is planned.