PDA

View Full Version : Internet Has anyone tried the new Towi SIM for internet or mobile phones in Tenerife?

KirstyJay
22-01-2015, 14:44
Has anyone seen the new www.Towi.es sim advertised? It's made for phones, but I can't see why you couldn't use it just for data or bounce it as a hotspot from a mobile.

It's 6€ for 1GB, or you can get more at 1€ per 200mb extra, but I don't see the point, as if you run out the speed drops to 32kb/sec and you can top up for the same price.

If you don't use it up, then it carries over onto the next month...

Sounds like a good option for people that visit regularly, or those that want to put wifi in their apartments using a MiFi device or mobile phone.

They use the Vodafone network so the coverage will be similar.

bonitatime
23-01-2015, 13:33
I have seen the ads and presumed it was for Tablets

KirstyJay
26-01-2015, 14:50
No it's for mobiles too.

Tshirt
26-01-2015, 15:38
Has anyone seen the new www.Towi.es sim advertised? It's made for phones, but I can't see why you couldn't use it just for data or bounce it as a hotspot from a mobile.

It's 6€ for 1GB, or you can get more at 1€ per 200mb extra, but I don't see the point, as if you run out the speed drops to 32kb/sec and you can top up for the same price.

If you don't use it up, then it carries over onto the next month...

Sounds like a good option for people that visit regularly, or those that want to put wifi in their apartments using a MiFi device or mobile phone.

They use the Vodafone network so the coverage will be similar.

The website link doesn't work for me, I tried google but the only result points you to this thread :dontknow:

lynno52
26-01-2015, 15:44
The website link doesn't work for me, I tried google but the only result points you to this thread :dontknow:

That's so strange as I googled it about 30 mins ago and got the site but can't get it now - as you say - just a link to here?

KirstyJay
27-01-2015, 01:12
That's so strange as I googled it about 30 mins ago and got the site but can't get it now - as you say - just a link to here?

Same for me. Maybe they've got server probs today

jimcollinsdj
27-01-2015, 15:37
Hi guys

in tenerife for a week shortly and need internet on my phone / tablet

can i buy a sim which will give me good service ithout burning a hole in my pocket !!!

Many tks

jim

lynno52
27-01-2015, 15:50
Hi guys

in tenerife for a week shortly and need internet on my phone / tablet

can i buy a sim which will give me good service ithout burning a hole in my pocket !!!

Many tks

jim

Hi - you will find lots of information on the threads on the 'Television, Internet and Telecommunications' part of the Forum.

jimcollinsdj
27-01-2015, 16:49
Many thanks for reply

regards

jim

scotchmist
12-06-2015, 14:19
Hi Kathrynrosanne welcome to the forum

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

What is happening to the Tenerife Forum when I joined a few years ago I was asked to introduce myself to the forum members it does not appear to be happening now.

essexeddie
12-06-2015, 16:23
Lots of bars have free WiFi. Just frequent them.

Ecky Thump
12-06-2015, 16:49
Lots of bars have free WiFi. Just frequent them.

Most of the bars/restaurants that have WiFi are quite happy to let you have there login details as long as you buy the odd beer or cup of coffee.
I find it hard to accept the people who buy one small beer and sit there for hours with their laptop.:mad:

essexeddie
12-06-2015, 17:28
Most of the bars/restaurants that have WiFi are quite happy to let you have there login details as long as you buy the odd beer or cup of coffee.
I find it hard to accept the people who buy one small beer and sit there for hours with their laptop.:mad:

Get away:whistle:

tfs1
12-06-2015, 18:38
Get away:whistle:

Free WIFI if you buy a drink - another oxymoron ? Forget it - not quite just checked the definition ! Not quite with it today, had a tooth out and cant have a drink tonight !