PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for pasta in Los Cristianos

essexeddie
31-01-2015, 18:39
Any recommendations in LC for pasta?

marbro8
31-01-2015, 19:17
Any recommendations in LC for pasta?leo's is pretty good, nice clean and modern, great staff and lovely food, it's on our list to go again in may

essexeddie
31-01-2015, 19:21
Where is Leo's. We used to go to Bianca but that's all changed now.

Ecky Thump
31-01-2015, 19:27
Eddie, the Pizzaria Dacappo Calla de Pablo Abril. Tel. 922 751 599 it's closed on a Wednesday, its a italian family run restaurant that offers great quality food at the right price, best to book during the day for guarantee of a table.
It's thirty seconds away from the forum lamp post!!

If you fancy a meal with a different pasta than what's listed on the menu, just ask them, they are always pleased to help.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Where is Leo's. We used to go to Bianca but that's all changed now.

Leo's used to be the Bianca, good Italian food, but now they seem to be more a Steak House. We've been three times, but given a choice it would have to be the Dacappo for authentic Italian food.

essexeddie
31-01-2015, 19:37
Thanks Eric, been there loads of times and never thought of a pasta there, if I can get inside I may give it a go. Also just realised that Leo and Bianca is the same place :-)

Ecky Thump
31-01-2015, 19:54
leo's is pretty good, nice clean and modern, great staff and lovely food, it's on our list to go again in may

Mark, even though I prefer Dacappo for a Italian meal, don't let that put you off of buying me a meal in Leo's when we arrive at our cousins apartment in April/May.....I won't complain!:p

marbro8
31-01-2015, 20:15
Mark, even though I prefer Dacappo for a Italian meal, don't let that put you off of buying me a meal in Leo's when we arrive at our cousins apartment in April/May.....I won't complain!:p:lol: no probs mate:wink:, i have just looked at the pictures of the food taken by patrons of dacappo on tripadvisor, and the food looks amazing, and massive portions as well, so it looks like giving leo's a miss and going there instead:lol:

Ecky Thump
31-01-2015, 20:23
:lol: no probs mate:wink:, i have just looked at the pictures of the food taken by patrons of dacappo on tripadvisor, and the food looks amazing, and massive portions as well, so it looks like giving leo's a miss and going there instead:lol:

I think the "Meal of the day" deal that they offer costs about €8 and I don't think that I've ever seen anyone finishing the whole meal, but it's not because of a lack of quality....it's just that the portions are so large, again I recommend that you call in during the day to book a table, it's a very popular restaurant with many local customers.

marbro8
31-01-2015, 20:29
I think the "Meal of the day" deal that they offer costs about €8 and I don't think that I've ever seen anyone finishing the whole meal, but it's not because of a lack of quality....it's just that the portions are so large, again I recommend that you call in during the day to book a table, it's a very popular restaurant with many local customers. just had a look at pizza y pasta as well, and it has been voted 4th best restaurant out of 273 restaurants in los cris, so may give that a try as well, it is on the same street as the bistro at the back of the cultural centre

Malteser Monkey
31-01-2015, 22:44
Mercadonna sell it - not sure what price tho. Somewhere near the milk:D

tfs1
01-02-2015, 09:31
Eddie, the Pizzaria Dacappo Calla de Pablo Abril. Tel. 922 751 599 it's closed on a Wednesday, its a italian family run restaurant that offers great quality food at the right price, best to book during the day for guarantee of a table.
It's thirty seconds away from the forum lamp post!!

As have others we have been many times and its sound advise to book, either in person or over the phone, as you will struggle to get a table - its always full.

Portion sizes are, to be honest, too big even for a growing boy like me !

We have seen many people take away doggy bags and the staff are happy to wrap up what you haven't manage to finish. The 'meal of the day' is great value, with a number of starter/main/desert options and the starter will probably fill you up especially is you go for either the salad or pasta starter. Friendly staff.

martincrabb99
01-02-2015, 09:35
Mercadonna sell it - not sure what price tho. Somewhere near the milk:D

Still trying to find the milk.....Lucky is sill wandering about Las Chafiras mumbling to himself!

Ricman
02-02-2015, 13:07
An excellent place for Pasta, especially the sea food dish is Valentino's opposite the old Sunday market in Los Cristianos at the other end of the block from Desperate Dan's.

The Pizza is also a treat.

Open every day except Tuesday 5 pm till late.

essexeddie
04-02-2015, 17:42
Went to Leo's in the end as we were guaranteed a table inside. Very nice it was. But will try all others in due course.