PDA

View Full Version : Finance Nearly got me

essexeddie
04-02-2015, 18:02
Had a few messages on my UK phone from Santander finance dept? Asking me to make a payment for arrears that are due? To be done within seven days. I very nearly clicked on it but realised the last finance agreement I had was back in 1978. Went online to my bank to check and found all was ok. So many scams out there.
Wouldn't it be great if we had a 'spam' facility on our phones like on PCs so we could stop all them rubbish calls and messages.

chifleta
04-02-2015, 23:54
Wouldn't it be great if we had a 'spam' facility on our phones like on PCs so we could stop all them rubbish calls and messages.

Hubby gets all the spam calls on his mobile (he's the titleholder of our 3 mobiles) so basically he never answers his phone unless he recognises the number or if it comes up with a name on. All the unknown calls get put through this website: http://www.listaspam.com/busca.php?Telefono=910803209 and we can check if it's a spammer. Mind you there are so many nowadays, that they are even using 922 and mobile numbers e.g. 629 ... ... which are landline prefix and Tenerife mobile numbers. Basically if it's important they'll email or send a sms LOL. So all the known spam numbers he files in his phone address book as "malo" - so far he has 11 "bad" numbers ...

Malteser Monkey
05-02-2015, 10:01
I never answer a call unless I know the number - they can just leave a message.

macdonald5
05-02-2015, 15:16
I never answer a call unless I know the number - they can just leave a message.

Neither do I ,if it's 'unknown' they can reach me another way if genuine

Malteser Monkey
05-02-2015, 15:19
Neither do I ,if it's 'unknown' they can reach me another way if genuine

That'll be KB unknown:D