PDA

View Full Version : Other Home delivery from Mercadona

Callaoanne
09-02-2015, 17:58
Hallo again,following useful info about on line shopping at Mercadona, which I have been using for some time, I wondered about the other alternative which is doing the shopping myself and then having it delivered by them, which costs I believe 4 euros.
Do you need special bags or just the usual Merc sturdy ones and what about if you need frozen foods?
I think "entrega a mi casa por favor" will be the phrase I need at the till ,and is the delivery done on the same day? Thanks in anticipation. Anne.:wave:

macdonald5
09-02-2015, 19:52
Hi
We have used the home delivery from Mercadona for many years now and it works well
We just fill our trolley with non perishables ,great for all the heavy items ( water, mixers ,wines etc) There are bags at entrance for frozen and chilled food, personally we usually pay and take these items with us but option is there to have delivered
Depends time of day you shop if delivery is that day or next - you are offered time slots eg 7till 9pm
You can either pay at checkout by card or pay cash to driver when delivered
€4.10 approx is added delivery charge
Normally we find staff understand English - you are asked name,address and agree a time slot

TenerifeFanatic
09-02-2015, 21:22
Hi
We have used the home delivery from Mercadona for many years now and it works well
We just fill our trolley with non perishables ,great for all the heavy items ( water, mixers ,wines etc) There are bags at entrance for frozen and chilled food, personally we usually pay and take these items with us but option is there to have delivered
Depends time of day you shop if delivery is that day or next - you are offered time slots eg 7till 9pm
You can either pay at checkout by card or pay cash to driver when delivered
€4.10 approx is added delivery charge
Normally we find staff understand English - you are asked name,address and agree a time slot

Totally agree.....we have done our shopping this way for many years......a great service and so reliable!

Callaoanne
12-02-2015, 23:35
Totally agree.....we have done our shopping this way for many years......a great service and so reliable!

Thanks for that,used the home delivery service today,did not even have to unload shopping,left it in trolley,they whisked it away and it was delivered one and a half hours later.A better way than on line shopping as I like to buy my own but couldn't manage the carrying.