PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Can anybody recommend a relocation adviser in Puerto de la Cruz please?

ginandmilk
10-02-2015, 17:20
Hi,

Me and the O/H are going to Puerto de la Cruz for a week in May, as we are hoping we will like it enough to settle there!

We went to Lanzarote for the same reason last year, but I need some greenery and N. Tenerife looks beautiful. There also looks to be more to do.

When we were in Lanzarote we met with a relocation adviser who gave us a lot of advice, but does anybody know of such a person in Puerto (or nearby somewhere else accessible by bus)?

We've done lots of research online, but sometimes it's easier to be able to have an actual conversation. One of the things I didn't like about the person we spoke to in Lanzarote, was when we asked him about bringing our dogs over. He told us it was so expensive we'd be better off turning them into glue and getting a rescue dog once we had settled. Clearly not a dog lover!

Thanks for any suggestions. I've had a look at some of the stickys but couldn't find anything specifically about this.

lynno52
10-02-2015, 17:59
Hi - I can't help with the advisor but if you put 'dogs' in the search box on here you will find different threads which look at transporting them by ferry and air.

melm
10-02-2015, 18:04
Hi,

Me and the O/H are going to Puerto de la Cruz for a week in May, as we are hoping we will like it enough to settle there!

We went to Lanzarote for the same reason last year, but I need some greenery and N. Tenerife looks beautiful. There also looks to be more to do.

When we were in Lanzarote we met with a relocation adviser who gave us a lot of advice, but does anybody know of such a person in Puerto (or nearby somewhere else accessible by bus)?

We've done lots of research online, but sometimes it's easier to be able to have an actual conversation. One of the things I didn't like about the person we spoke to in Lanzarote, was when we asked him about bringing our dogs over. He told us it was so expensive we'd be better off turning them into glue and getting a rescue dog once we had settled. Clearly not a dog lover!

Thanks for any suggestions. I've had a look at some of the stickys but couldn't find anything specifically about this.
canarybird or Megaloo might be able to give you some advice.

canarybird
10-02-2015, 19:22
Sorry I've never heard of a "relocation advisor" so don't know of any. Best is to find a travel agent to book your stay in May for a pet friendly apartment or leave the dogs at home with someone for the week while you come out and do your own exploring. Check out this forum by asking questions and while you're here visit the English Library or the Anglican church, both located in Puerto de la Cruz where you'll meet many ex pat residents and can ask for their ideas re relocating.

Megaloo
10-02-2015, 22:21
I have not heard of a person like who does this either
Also if you have time to pop into Alvaros where the British Club members gather for tennis bowls etc
They have web site also a
FB page I will be back wi the link for you to have a look many expats to talk to as well as Canarybirds suggestions

Web site is Britishgamesclub.es

ginandmilk
11-02-2015, 19:08
Hi,
Thanks for your replies, and apologies for any confusion caused by 'relocation adviser'! They might have a different name depending on whereabouts you are, but basically they help you with all the necessary paperwork when you arrive, and give you advice on what you need to do before you leave as well as general advice about estate agents, healthcare etc, etc.

We've already booked to stay all inclusive in May so our dogs are having a holiday of their own with our friends. We'll be staying at Hotel Puerto de la Cruz which was about as central as we could get for all inclusive.
Megaloo, I've had a look at the website and on the links page are details for a lady called Janet ********. I haven't had a proper look yet, but she might be a worth having a chat with if she's around when we visit, so thanks for that.

I hope you're enjoying your 'winter'. It's bitterly bitterly cold over here and we just want to leave!

kelyarlett
12-02-2015, 21:49
Hi
I relocated to South few months ago and flew my cat over. Expensive yes £600 but I could never leave her part of family! Used a great company called Petex Tenerife guy named Graham Kennedy Williams can find on Facebook. They arranged her flight made sure we were on same flight . Took care of all paper work regarding animal excellent service. One less thing to worry about .

Stoney
13-02-2015, 14:18
Regarding bringing the dogs to the reef its easy, all you have to do is make sure they have the jabs and check ups done before you travel. Easiest and cheapest way is to drive. Depending on where you are in the uk, there are various ferries that will get you to europe, we used the tunnel 45 mins and back on the road, stayed in hotels on the way made a great trip. Get a ferry from Southern Spain either Cadiz or Huelva both have cages on board for animals, both dock in Santa Cruz and you have a short drive to Puerto de la Cruz.

Sundowner
13-02-2015, 17:33
Hi,

Have a look at this site.......http://www.diana-mcglone.com/ best of luck.

ginandmilk
14-02-2015, 11:42
Thanks for your replies, you've all been really helpful. Not bringing the dogs is completely out of the question for us, but obviously we want to minimise any stress for them and us!
We would want to be on the same flight, and the paperwork side of things is something we'll certainly need help with.

We did consider driving down, but we're in Yorkshire, so it's a long drive just to get to the continent. Not only that, but we'll end up with a car we can't sell either.

I shall certainly investigate the link too!
Thanks again :-)