PDA

View Full Version : Health Where can I get travel vaccinations done to go to Central America?

Desperate Dan
10-02-2015, 20:44
Ey up.
I want to get vaccinated for a trip to Central America.

The lass in the pharmacy in Silencio told me I have to go to SCdT, to the "Sanitaria Exterior".

She may very well believe that to be so; you, of course....

bonitatime
10-02-2015, 23:11
It was what i had been les to believe
If you find out differently please come back and tell us

Desperate Dan
11-02-2015, 19:58
On island time.... baby steps.
My sources are the seaview terraces of Las Galletas.....
"ah, yeah, well - for starters, there's no point in going to SC if you're not registered here for healthcare".

I am registered in my home country, where I am "working" in a redundancy post... I am on holiday.

I have just had a chat with a local nurse, who is going to get back to me "soon",to confirm her belief that, with the support of a local doctor (my guess is that a prescription is required), she will be able to vaccinate me at home.

Stay tuned....

Desperate Dan
22-02-2015, 00:04
I sent a mail to my mate Al, who's been my family doctor, in Luxembourg, for 20 years.
He says he'll do it next time I'm up there - 48 hours notice.

My current perception is that the steps are
- fill in some forms online
- go to SCdT to be told "you can't do that here" if you're not "registered", or to be given some more hoops to jump through if you are "registered".

Frankly, I've given up.
I know a couple of nurses here; I can get this done in an hour in my home country....
I cannot be ersed.

At least Spring arrived today.
Did anyone else get the spammy invite to join "Veranito" on Wazzap?

Desperate Dan
08-03-2015, 19:16
Decided to be a bit more pro-active - had another look....

Finally, it's pretty simple, if you can understand a bit of spanish - but it does require a trip to the capital, and an "Electronic Certificate".
I don't know if that's the EC the Hacienda has been advertising, since 1/1/15, that allows you to do all kinds of administrative stuff online - I haven't go one, so couldn't try it.
I guess that's why people were telling me I need to be registered.

Fill in the 5 easy questions, and get an appointment, online, here - scroll down to "Tenerife", and click on the link "Autogeneracion...":

http://www.msssi.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/sanidadExterior/salud/centrosvacu.htm

bonitatime
15-03-2015, 22:06
Thanks I will remember for the next time