PDA

View Full Version : How does Torres de sol compare to Costamar in Los Cristianos?

Mr s
01-03-2015, 22:09
Have stayed in apartments victoria court 1 & costamar the last 4yrs

Over Xmas/NYr, finding it difficult to have the time off work this yr.

Thinking of trying late October for 10days, been offered a private let in Torres de sol

What is it like in this area compared to the area I always stay in, I know I would miss big bens.

The apartment is a private let and I am very impressed with the location.

Malteser Monkey
02-03-2015, 11:19
Anyone help ?

TOTO 99
02-03-2015, 12:52
I don't know this place but here's the Trip Advisor page.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g659661-d3574584-Reviews-Torres_Del_Sol_Apartments-Los_Cristianos_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html

willowlily
02-03-2015, 15:50
both the costamar and torres de sol were the first complex built in los cristianos and I believe by the same builder/architect 35-40 years ago, there were no buildings between them for a few years. torres de sol seems to be in a better position for holidays many more bar and restaurant in the vicinity parque de la paz with many live acts, safari centre also very near.
although I have never been in any of these complexes I should imagine it depends on your the particular flat you have rented, we have heard on this forum in the past of some dreadful holiday lets on both costamar and torres de sol but I suppose that could be on any complex

Balcony
05-03-2015, 17:37
I echo what Willowlilly says. The two complexes are, broadly, similar, but it so depends on the individual apartment. We have stayed in some dreadful places. Even when we owned an apt on a good site there were some apartments that just reeked. Make sure you get up to date photos and ask direct questions as to the condition and state of the apartment. Mind you, one man's muck is another's heaven!

Also be careful with whom you are booking. Ask on here. There are many acting as unoffical (unlawful, possibly) agents and adding considerably to an owner's actual charge.