PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone else have problems getting mail from the US?

jandy
05-03-2015, 16:47
Is anyone having any problems getting mail from US, I often order on line and have in the past had no problems, usually my package arrives about 10 days after ordering. At the beginning of Jan I ordered from 2 separate companies, one of which I have used before and none of these packages have arrived yet, there was no tracking as I have never needed it before, the items are not of high value.

canarybird
05-03-2015, 17:34
Not US but I'm having problems with mail to and from Canada. My Christmas card to my sister, mailed early in December from here arrived beginning of February and a wedding invitation for the summer was mailed from B.C. in January and has not yet arrived.

primrose
05-03-2015, 18:11
I have had so much bother with mail from the UK, things taking so much longer than usual, also being charged

so much by the customs it's not worth sending for them but I am not able to buy them here, never been charged like this in the 10 years I have been here. Tracked 2 parcels that have been at the Customs in Madrid since December the Company have now refunded my money.

ArtyWendy
05-03-2015, 19:46
Waiting for something to arrive... so...Put in a google search last week - Spanish postal delays. Read of La Figaro that Madrid Main Sorting house has faced 200 postal workers laid off. striked, and now has a 50 million parcel/letters backlog to clear. How long do you reckon that'll take to clear?

primrose
05-03-2015, 20:07
Waiting for something to arrive... so...Put in a google search last week - Spanish postal delays. Read of La Figaro that Madrid Main Sorting house has faced 200 postal workers laid off. striked, and now has a 50 million parcel/letters backlog to clear. How long do you reckon that'll take to clear?

So that's where my parcels are, they must still be there.

bonitatime
07-03-2015, 08:22
No longer than it took to clear the backlog in the UK over Xmas 4 years ago

primrose
07-03-2015, 11:00
No longer than it took to clear the backlog in the UK over Xmas 4 years ago

And your point is? Why bring something up that happened in the UK 4 years ago, this is Tenerife Forum are we not allowed to make comments about what is happening here, now.We are waiting for parcels and members are asking what is happening to the post. So petty if we can't mention anything what is going on in Tenerife without somebody coming on and putting the UK down.

information
07-03-2015, 16:43
I am sick and tried of losing post and parcels over the past 2 months. Go to the post office to complain and all you get are blank stares and shrugging of shoulders. Shocking system and now Amazon are telling me they will cease to send parcels to me if it continues.

Jabba43
12-03-2015, 20:38
I got 2 parcels from amazon this week.One paid tax on but not the other :) They do not know if they are coming or going. Was still 50% cheaper than buying the same items here.

timmylish
13-03-2015, 02:15
Had three different packages, 2 small and 1 fairly large, on order from Amazon UK and I,m glad to say that they have all arrived within the estimated delivery dates. Lucky?

Mirdul
13-03-2015, 08:16
I have had so much bother with mail from the UK, things taking so much longer than usual, also being charged

so much by the customs it's not worth sending for them but I am not able to buy them here, never been charged like this in the 10 years I have been here. Tracked 2 parcels that have been at the Customs in Madrid since December the Company have now refunded my money.

Yes you are right sometime that type of thing happen but it's good You get your money back.

Megaloo
13-03-2015, 08:55
I am waiting on a parcel from Pavers the parcel that was delivered a week ago only took 7 days this one has been 2 weeks already.

primrose
13-03-2015, 09:49
I am waiting on a parcel from Pavers the parcel that was delivered a week ago only took 7 days this one has been 2 weeks already.

I love Pavers.