PDA

View Full Version : Other The building site near the Mediterranean Palace

ciderhunter
21-03-2015, 20:24
Just at the end of the road to the sea from the Mediterranean Palace Hotel, we have a building site.
This small oasis, jutting out into the sea, is where the Parrots and Parakeets, often seen in this area, build their nests every year in the dead fronds of the couple of dozen Palm trees that adorn this green patch. I have taken a stroll down and noticed that all the Palm trees have now had their dead fronds removed to prevent the birds from nesting this year.

So what is so important that this small oasis is to be concreted over?
SHOPS!!!!
Like we have a shortage or something. This site is just a short stroll from all the shops in the Parque Santiagos.

A couple of years ago, Arona council bulldozed several buildings in Las Galletas as they were in breach of the Coastal Laws. Now it seems that is not a problem any more.

Money Talks.

Andy0210
22-03-2015, 00:04
Just at the end of the road to the sea from the Mediterranean Palace Hotel, we have a building site.
This small oasis, jutting out into the sea, is where the Parrots and Parakeets, often seen in this area, build their nests every year in the dead fronds of the couple of dozen Palm trees that adorn this green patch. I have taken a stroll down and noticed that all the Palm trees have now had their dead fronds removed to prevent the birds from nesting this year.

So what is so important that this small oasis is to be concreted over?
SHOPS!!!!
Like we have a shortage or something. This site is just a short stroll from all the shops in the Parque Santiagos.

A couple of years ago, Arona council bulldozed several buildings in Las Galletas as they were in breach of the Coastal Laws. Now it seems that is not a problem any more.

Money Talks.

Or maybe all the dead fronds have been removed due to the general clean up thats going on everywhere at the moment because it is almost election time, everywhere you go there is roadworks, cleaning, resurfacing, they are even opening the first stretch of the new motorway link this week, amazing coincidence that itīs at the time of the elections.

norte
22-03-2015, 09:09
elections lol. there i live also roads been resurfaced a lot of tlc in the town, i wonder are people so stupid and woting for same parties just because they give some little tlc to their town before elections lol..

willowlily
22-03-2015, 09:42
elections lol. there i live also roads been resurfaced a lot of tlc in the town, i wonder are people so stupid and woting for same parties just because they give some little tlc to their town before elections lol..

if they did not build on this area during the boom they are unlikely to do it now.

politicians use the same carrot in every voting nation.

ciderhunter
22-03-2015, 18:51
Unfortunately Andy this is not a council clean up as it is private land that has been sold for development. The site in question is at the end of Las Vistas beach.

The fronds of the shorter trees have been left intact presumably because parrots and parakeets will not nest so close to the ground. (sorry the photo is a bit far away but you can make out the palms jutting out into the Atlantic.)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

if they did not build on this area during the boom they are unlikely to do it now.

politicians use the same carrot in every voting nation.

I wish you were right willowlily but here is the boarding outside.

It seems the law of the costas don't apply if you are called Sotherby's.