PDA

View Full Version : Other Double mobility scooters

Bob_W
23-03-2015, 19:00
Hello, Does anyone know if you can hire a double mobility scooter in Playa or can you only hire single ones?
Thanks Bob

LUCKY
23-03-2015, 20:55
Seen loads round americas ... i see no reason why you cannot find em :flatcap:

http://paulgoldneyservices.com/tenerife-mobility-scooter-hire/

ribuck
24-03-2015, 10:30
I saw double mobility scooters being hired out in Los Cristianos last week. I'm back in England now so I can't check exactly where, but it was a street-facing place, probably in Avenida Las Americas. The reason it caught my eye was because there was a big sign saying they would only hire them if at least one of the riders was disabled (or something like that). So no taking them out for a joyride!

primrose
24-03-2015, 15:30
I saw double mobility scooters being hired out in Los Cristianos last week. I'm back in England now so I can't check exactly where, but it was a street-facing place, probably in Avenida Las Americas. The reason it caught my eye was because there was a big sign saying they would only hire them if at least one of the riders was disabled (or something like that). So no taking them out for a joyride!

Just go on Internet and Google mobility scooters in Tenerife, you will get plenty of choice and most deliver them and pick them up when you leave.

marbro8
24-03-2015, 20:10
Pat (Paul Goldney) is "THE MAN" to see:agree:we have hired off him for the last 3-4 years, but i find him a bit abrupt and off hand, we hired one in october and we know the range of them is about 5-6 miles, so as we wanted our niece to experience the walk(ride for her) from la caleta to los cris, so we caught a taxi to la caleta with the mobility scooter in the boot, and proceeded to make our way back to los cris, we broke down in porto colon and had to call him out, he wasn't very happy because he thought we had COME from los cris on the scooter, we told him we hadn't but he was still a bit off hand with us, he rang me a few hours later saying that the problem had been with the battery not sitting right so wasn't getting the full charge, and instead of an apology he said that we must have gone over something hard and dislodged it???, we have already started to look at hiring from someone else

Ecky Thump
24-03-2015, 20:58
we have hired off him for the last 3-4 years, but i find him a bit abrupt and off hand, we hired one in october and we know the range of them is about 5-6 miles, so as we wanted our niece to experience the walk(ride for her) from la caleta to los cris, so we caught a taxi to la caleta with the mobility scooter in the boot, and proceeded to make our way back to los cris, we broke down in porto colon and had to call him out, he wasn't very happy because he thought we had COME from los cris on the scooter, we told him we hadn't but he was still a bit off hand with us, he rang me a few hours later saying that the problem had been with the battery not sitting right so wasn't getting the full charge, and instead of an apology he said that we must have gone over something hard and dislodged it???, we have already started to look at hiring from someone else

I saw the Scooter that he gave you and it was on its last legs (no pun), plus the lead for the charger was falling apart.

But, you couldn't complain as you charged it up at our apartment!:D

essexeddie
24-03-2015, 22:11
Its about some sort of law was bought out regarding mobility scooters. They are becoming a menace. I nearly got run down by one last week. I saw a whole family with one each dashing about in LC . The only disability they all had was being too fat.

marbro8
24-03-2015, 23:31
I saw the Scooter that he gave you and it was on its last legs (no pun), plus the lead for the charger was falling apart.

But, you couldn't complain as you charged it up at our apartment!:Dwhy do you think i didn't want to plug it in:D

Ecky Thump
24-03-2015, 23:39
why do you think i didn't want to plug it in:D

Sandra wanted to strip all the rubber off of it, sit you on it and make it into a "Electric Chair"
:idea: :fireworks::angel:

marbro8
24-03-2015, 23:54
Sandra wanted to strip all the rubber off of it, sit you on it and make it into a "Electric Chair"
:idea: :fireworks::angel:she is nodding her head at the moment in agreementeek2:, she has offered to make my sandwiches for lunch tomorrow but i think i will go to the spar in bentley:lol:

Medman
24-03-2015, 23:58
she is nodding her head at the moment in agreementeek2:, she has offered to make my sandwiches for lunch tomorrow but i think i will go to the spar in bentley:lol:

Didn't know you had such a posh motor !! :lol:

Ecky Thump
24-03-2015, 23:59
she is nodding her head at the moment in agreementeek2:, she has offered to make my sandwiches for lunch tomorrow but i think i will go to the spar in bentley:lol:

Is Leanne "Madge" going to be with you this holiday?;)

How many more days to go...I have 34 to wait.

marbro8
25-03-2015, 00:26
Is Leanne "Madge" going to be with you this holiday?;)

How many more days to go...I have 34 to wait.yes mate she is, all 5 of us, we land on the 10th may, but ryanair changed our flight time so we get there about 7.00 pm now, 2 weeks of beer at €1.50 instead of the £6 i was paying in covent garden last weekeek2:

Ecky Thump
21-09-2016, 09:56
:redcard:
Its about some sort of law was bought out regarding mobility scooters. They are becoming a menace. I nearly got run down by one last week. I saw a whole family with one each dashing about in LC . The only disability they all had was being too fat.

Has anyone who is now or recently been in Tenerife, noticed now that the law has changed a improvement in the use of these mobility scooters??

Looking at the webcam, I've hardly seen any.:redcard::redcard:

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/canarias/santa-cruz-de-tenerife/playa-los-cristianos.html

junglejim
21-09-2016, 11:00
San Eugenio area was rife before , now in last month seeing a double,or any is a rare event and people photograph it like a rare bird - bliss !

Ecky Thump
21-09-2016, 11:40
San Eugenio area was rife before , now in last month seeing a double,or any is a rare event and people photograph it like a rare bird - bliss !

These would be handy, if you can't afford a hotel. :D