PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on putting a 6 year old in state school in Tenerife

Nicola9630
23-06-2011, 21:19
Hi all!

We are moving to Tenerife on 16th July I have a good idea of what I need to start the process of getting my daughter into a state school but wanted to know if someone knew would she be able to start asap or would we have to wait till April next year to apply with the new intake to start September 2012???

Thanks
Nic:hello:

ali marshall
23-06-2011, 21:41
When i moved to tenerife my sons were 8 we moved over in the october and they went straight into the school.I registered maybe 2 week before hand.Just make sure you have all the documents etc needed you can also get discounts for the books if you apply,think it is around 60 euro per child.

It may depend on what school they are going to and if they have already reached the maxium pupil limit.Kirsty jay may be able to help you more.There use to be a big section on applying for school places on the old forum,maybe a new thread could be started up again.

I have just registered my 3 year old and it was not easy and if both parents are not in work it is very hard to get school diners for your child.Which is frustrating as i wanted my son to go for dinners so i could get back to work.

Nicola9630
23-06-2011, 21:59
Thank you, that's put my mind at rest! I am moving to Las Americas so will just have to keep my fingers crossed that there is a place! As long as she doesn't miss to much of school I'll be willin to travel if there's not a place in the school in Las Americas.

ali marshall
23-06-2011, 22:05
If you look at the sticky threads in this section there is some more information,sorry i did not notice them before.My sons went to the las americas school as well,the one by the green hospital,(hospital sur).If you need any morehelp or info about the school dont hesitate to pm me .

margo
06-02-2012, 10:15
If you look at the sticky threads in this section there is some more information,sorry i did not notice them before.My sons went to the las americas school as well,the one by the green hospital,(hospital sur).If you need any morehelp or info about the school dont hesitate to pm me .

hi there I was reading through your thread. Would you be able to forward me the details of this school please im looking to enrole my son in a state school but to be honest I really dont know were to start

thank you margo :thanx: