PDA

View Full Version : flight 4U9525 Germanwings plane crash

information
26-03-2015, 10:43
shocking new today that one of the pilots was locked out of the cabin. What must of gone though the poor passengers minds watching the pilot trying to break down the door to get back in? When I fly with Ryanair which is nine times out of ten, every time one of the pilots leave the cockpit one of the stewarts takes their place which I though was normal practice? How could this happen?

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 11:15
shocking new today that one of the pilots was locked out of the cabin. What must of gone though the poor passengers minds watching the pilot trying to break down the door to get back in?

At the moment I wouldn't want respond to this as the source of this information has not been released and according to the latest world news may not have any substance in it.
There are many speculative rumours being put out, but I take your point that it would be horrific if true.

BobMac
26-03-2015, 13:00
Press conference has just stated that all evidence points to plane being deliberately crashed - OMG

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2015, 13:04
Press conference has just stated that all evidence points to plane being deliberately crashed - OMG

Yes just heard that too OMG

Medman
26-03-2015, 13:14
Yes just heard that too OMG

What a horrible thought. God bless the victims. RIP.

information
26-03-2015, 13:16
the big question is why all airlines never followed the '2 in cockpit' rule? It has happened before so why was it not law?

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2015, 13:22
What a horrible thought. God bless the victims. RIP.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/566154/Germanwings-4U9525-plane-crash-French-Alps-witness?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_medium=externalwidget&utm_term=expressshowbiz&utm_campaign=outbrainfebruary

Read here it appears it exploded before

also on sky news they say there was no screaming until the last minute so hopefully the passengers were unaware - that may be a little consolation - obv not much on the scale of things

Terrible !

Medman
26-03-2015, 13:30
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/566154/Germanwings-4U9525-plane-crash-French-Alps-witness?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_medium=externalwidget&utm_term=expressshowbiz&utm_campaign=outbrainfebruary

Read here it appears it exploded before

also on sky news they say there was no screaming until the last minute so hopefully the passengers were unaware - that may be a little consolation - obv not much on the scale of things

Terrible !

Still a few conflicting accounts of what happened, including from eye witnesses. No matter what, the last 8 minutes of those poor souls' lives is unimaginable.

information
26-03-2015, 13:32
I have said for a long time this is what happened to the Malaysia Airlines flight that is still missing. Nothing else makes sense of it.

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 13:56
the big question is why all airlines never followed the '2 in cockpit' rule? It has happened before so why was it not law?

If it is the case that it was a deliberate act, then I think there will be a tightening of the aviation laws in a attempt to stop this being repeated.

I know virtually nothing about flying a plane, but maybe there should always be a third pilot on every plane, then when one leaves the cockpit, they are immediately replaced by the third pilot...the big question then is costing, would the major airlines try to block this.

TOTO 99
26-03-2015, 14:07
If it is the case that it was a deliberate act, then I think there will be a tightening of the aviation laws in a attempt to stop this being repeated.

I know virtually nothing about flying a plane, but maybe there should always be a third pilot on every plane, then when one leaves the cockpit, they are immediately replaced by the third pilot...the big question then is costing, would the major airlines try to block this.

I'd imagine if this was to happen the insurers may insist on it. These planes are about £100million each so they won't want the risk of the outlay too often. Not to mention the payments to families.

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 14:11
I'd imagine if this was to happen the insurers may insist on it. These planes are about £100million each so they won't want the risk of the outlay too often. Not to mention the payments to families.

I for one wouldn't mind paying for the extra increase in fares that would be sure to happen.

It will be interesting to listen to the Lufthansa press conference that's due in fifteen minutes time.

information
26-03-2015, 14:18
in the US they all follow '2 in the cockpit' rule. It does not add a cent on the price as the head stewart is called into the cockpit whenever one of the pilots need to use the toilet. Ryan air have done it for a long time now, they also put the fasten seat belt sign on and put a trolly at the top of the aisle before they open the door. It has to be better than leaving one person in the seat?

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2015, 14:21
I for one wouldn't mind paying for the extra increase in fares that would be sure to happen.

It will be interesting to listen to the Lufthansa press conference that's due in fifteen minutes time.

will that be on Sky news Ecks ?

Medman
26-03-2015, 14:22
in the US they all follow '2 in the cockpit' rule. It does not add a cent on the price as the head stewart is called into the cockpit whenever one of the pilots need to use the toilet. Ryan air have done it for a long time now, they also put the fasten seat belt sign on and put a trolly at the top of the aisle before they open the door. It has to be better than leaving one person in the seat?

This would certainly reduce the chances of anything like this happening, but if there is more that one involved (however unlikely) it could still happen. But I would feel safer with this rule applied.

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 14:33
will that be on Sky news Ecks ?

It was announced on BBC news, but I'm not sure who will put it out live.

......it's on BBC news now.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer a pilot than a Steward in the cockpit and willing to pay for them to be there, but I do agree whoever it is would be better than just the one pilot.

TOTO 99
26-03-2015, 15:00
Co pilot heard to be breathing so he wasn't out cold throughout the descent.

I'm speculating but the word suicide should be changed to murder.

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 15:04
Co pilot heard to be breathing so he wasn't out cold throughout the descent.

I'm speculating but the word suicide should be changed to murder.

I also think that's what the Lufthansa spokesperson is also saying, that some one who uses this method to die is a murderer.

Whatever he says will be listened to by money grabbing lawyers.

essexeddie
26-03-2015, 17:51
I have noted that Easyjet often let one of the pilots out and leaving the other one on their own. Must admit it did leave me a bit nervous last time as he was out quite a long time chatting to everybody. Hopefully this will change.

I think I would be double nervous if I turned up seeing a Muslim pilot, or even two of them. I may even turn back saying I don't feel well ;-)

tfs1
26-03-2015, 19:03
I have noted that Easyjet often let one of the pilots out and leaving the other one on their own. Must admit it did leave me a bit nervous last time as he was out quite a long time chatting to everybody. Hopefully this will change.

I think I would be double nervous if I turned up seeing a Muslim pilot, or even two of them. I may even turn back saying I don't feel well ;-)

easyjet have just announced that from tomorrow they will ensure there are 2 crew in the cockpit at all times

warbey
26-03-2015, 21:08
not too many Years ago Passengers were allowed in the Cockpit for short periods

I managed about five visits before Hijacking led to lockable Doors to prevent such incidents

The Pilot was locked out and unable to gain access. as a result....

I should agree, if fact, the copilot is guilty of mass murder.

Something Not mentioned anywhere I know of, is,

What sympathy goes to those who are required to clean up the Debris,,,,,What a horrible job......

bennoa1
26-03-2015, 22:05
front toilet combined into the cockpit and the passengers use the rear toilets only. Seems the obvious choice. Very sad indeed.

imablue
26-03-2015, 22:45
I too remember being able to take my kids to the flight deck which they all enjoyed ...sadly how times have changed.. in this sad world that we live in nowadays...

martincrabb99
27-03-2015, 10:00

I cannot agree with this last comment and I believe it states more about the poster than the comment made.......a personal view.

TOTO 99
27-03-2015, 10:16
I cannot agree with this last comment and I believe it states more about the poster than the comment made.......a personal view.

You have to admit though Martin there's a reason some people feel that way.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong.

Of course in this current situation it appears that no religion or terrorism played a part.

martincrabb99
27-03-2015, 10:27

Of course in this current situation it appears that no religion or terrorism played a part.

I agree entirely, mine is a purely personal view as stated.

Ecky Thump
27-03-2015, 11:19

Martin I can see where your coming from, at first I thought that it was just a tongue in cheek remark by EssexEddie.

At the moment I don't think the German police have ruled out any particular motive of the Mass Murderer, although the media are saying it was depression.

Tshirt
27-03-2015, 12:40
How the F***** can some one with a history of mental illness get a job as an airline pilot. The mind boggles. (no pun intended )

martincrabb99
27-03-2015, 13:44
How the F***** can some one with a history of mental illness get a job as an airline pilot. The mind boggles. (no pun intended )

I've just heard that the investigators have found a torn up sick note at his H/A! This certainly indicates concealment of his current state of mind from his employers. But Ted is right surely his previous history of mental illness should have been assessed properly.

warbey
27-03-2015, 21:01
We of the waestern world would agree to do such as that takes a Nutter

Following various happenings certain other People of a different treligion obviously think there is a reward at the end of it.

As They don't appear different to Us Eddie wouldn't know, so perhaps it can be read somewhat differently...

Just saying.??