PDA

View Full Version : Other Sol Princessa Dacil

irene
26-03-2015, 13:52
Hi my husband and I have just booked an holiday to the Sol Princesa Dacil in Los Christianos and wondered if anyone on here have ever stayed there or know if I have made the right choice - mixed reviews on trip adviser we are going on 8th May, 2015 - thank you!

Ecky Thump
26-03-2015, 14:08
Hi my husband and I have just booked an holiday to the Sol Princesa Dacil in Los Christianos and wondered if anyone on here have ever stayed there or know if I have made the right choice - mixed reviews on trip adviser we are going on 8th May, 2015 - thank you!

I've stayed there, albeit a few years back and had a good general experience, good food, clean, friendly staff.
The only thing that annoyed me were the other residents as the fights for sun beds was horrific with pushing each other out of the way to reserve a sun bed by putting towels on them, but while we are in Tenerife we walk past the hotel on a daily basis and it looks like the pool area has been "policed" better, also there is a roof terrace that is not quite so busy.
You have certainly picked a good area to stay with the seafront only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

irene
26-03-2015, 14:38
thank you I feel a little bit better now!

Susief23
26-03-2015, 17:49

We stayed there a few years ago, had a good holiday and food was very good.
Like Ecky said its in a good location too.

warbey
26-03-2015, 21:17
Prom, Bars. Shops Buses all within 5 minutes when You get Your bearings.

Ive not stopped there but would happily do so.

all you need to do is Enjoy Your Holiday.!

irene
27-03-2015, 09:24
Thank you Warbey I am really looking forward to staying there!

TOTO 99
27-03-2015, 09:44
It's also very easy to find no matter how much you have to drink..... Lol

It's a nice place, you'll be fine.

I'm more of an apartment person myself but there's a lot to be said for clean towels every day etc.

Ecky Thump
27-03-2015, 11:33
I'm more of an apartment person myself but there's a lot to be said for clean towels every day etc.

At the Princessa Dacil Hotel, they always change the Towels twice a week......

From one room to the next room!:laugh:

irene
27-03-2015, 12:43
:laugh:
At the Princessa Dacil Hotel, they always change the Towels twice a week......

From one room to the next room!:laugh:

ha! ha!

Ecky Thump
27-03-2015, 12:52
:laugh:

ha! ha!

Irene, don't take too much notice of the shiny brochures, when they say that there is running water in all rooms, they don't mean water from a tap....it's running down the walls!:D

TOTO 99
27-03-2015, 13:40
And how many other hotels can boast that they got 4 stars in Hitler's Memoirs.....

tfs1
27-03-2015, 13:53
We have stayed a couple of times but only for a night or two on B&B basis prior to us being able to get into our apartment.

Friendly checkin staff, we stayed on floors 13 and another time floor 15, you get good sized rooms at that level, good views (!) and aircon. There are 4 lifts to ensure you dont have to wait too long to get to/from ground level to your room.

They now operate a coloured wristband system to ensure you only have the meal/drinks option you paid for ! - before there was no obvious checks on people going in and out of the restuarant/bars etc.

Nice atmosphere in the hotel, very clean, beds comfortable, well maintained, great location for bars, beach 2/3 minute walk away, 5 minute walk to the bus station, good size car park - parking is free.

Breakfast was the usual overseas hotel offering, lots of options/choice - a bit manic to start with but once you have done it once the next time its easy.

Didnt use any of the facilities. They have a outdoor stage and evening entertainment.

Ecky Thump
27-03-2015, 14:09
We have stayed a couple of times but only for a night or two on B&B basis

Didnt use any of the facilities. They have a outdoor stage and evening entertainment.

Abba tribute band, Bingo & Spanish Flamenco Dancers appears to be the main attractions.

tfs1
27-03-2015, 14:44
Abba tribute band, Bingo & Spanish Flamenco Dancers appears to be the main attractions.

On one ocassion they had a singer from the 'Sound of Musicals' show belting out a few numbers from the show, sounded ok but we didnt see too much as we watched from our balcony on the 13th floor !

Medman
27-03-2015, 15:21

It's the poor guys from the One Direction tribute bands that I feel sorry for .. :whistle:

Ecky Thump
27-03-2015, 17:25
On one ocassion they had a singer from the 'Sound of Musicals' show belting out a few numbers from the show, sounded ok but we didnt see too much as we watched from our balcony on the 13th floor !

That was the Bingo Caller belting out the numbers??:laugh:

marbro8
27-03-2015, 17:50
We have stayed a couple of times but only for a night or two on B&B basis prior to us being able to get into our apartment.

Friendly checkin staff, we stayed on floors 13 and another time floor 15, you get good sized rooms at that level, good views (!) and aircon. There are 4 lifts to ensure you dont have to wait too long to get to/from ground level to your room.

They now operate a coloured wristband system to ensure you only have the meal/drinks option you paid for ! - before there was no obvious checks on people going in and out of the restuarant/bars etc.

Nice atmosphere in the hotel, very clean, beds comfortable, well maintained, great location for bars, beach 2/3 minute walk away, 5 minute walk to the bus station, good size car park - parking is free.

Breakfast was the usual overseas hotel offering, lots of options/choice - a bit manic to start with but once you have done it once the next time its easy.

Didnt use any of the facilities. They have a outdoor stage and evening entertainment.i met a guy in taylors lounge a few years ago, and he had an all inclusive wristband on from the prinsessa dasil, and i said to him "why are you out paying for beer when it is all free in the hotel"?, he said " i will let you into a secret" " i bought this wristband from another guest last week on my arrival" "i paid him €20 for it and just reconnected it on my wrist" he said he had fed and watered his family of wife and two kids all week on it:laugh::laugh::laugh: he had only booked bed and breakfast for all 4 of them:laugh:

Angusjim
27-03-2015, 19:34
i met a guy in taylors lounge a few years ago, and he had an all inclusive wristband on from the prinsessa dasil, and i said to him "why are you out paying for beer when it is all free in the hotel"?, he said " i will let you into a secret" " i bought this wristband from another guest last week on my arrival" "i paid him €20 for it and just reconnected it on my wrist" he said he had fed and watered his family of wife and two kids all week on it:laugh::laugh::laugh: he had only booked bed and breakfast for all 4 of them:laugh:

Ecky selt me an all inclusive band for el mirador think he duped me:laugh::crazy:

TOTO 99
27-03-2015, 19:39
Ecky selt me an all inclusive band for el mirador think he duped me:laugh::crazy:

No, it was me he duped. I've been paying for your drinks all week....

Angusjim
27-03-2015, 19:43
No, it was me he duped. I've been paying for your drinks all week....

But nae meals:laugh:

TOTO 99
27-03-2015, 19:47
But nae meals:laugh:

It's your own fault for not wearing the correct colour wristband..

marbro8
27-03-2015, 20:11
Ecky selt me an all inclusive band for el mirador think he duped me:laugh::crazy:ecky could sell sand to the arabs so don't feel to bad:laugh:, i saw him sell a watch to a looky looky man once:laugh:

warbey
27-03-2015, 20:46
It's also very easy to find no matter how much you have to drink..... Lol

It's a nice place, you'll be fine.

i would be an Apartment person too, but Ive no rich relatives.

I'm working on Ecky and Marbro tho............................................... ......:spin::spin::spin:

Angusjim
28-03-2015, 17:32
i would be an Apartment person too, but Ive no rich relatives.

I'm working on Ecky and Marbro tho............................................... ......:spin::spin::spin:

Its no difficult we ecky just gie him money