PDA

View Full Version : Demise of the bono card and its replacement

tfs1
26-03-2015, 16:03
Tenerife News reporting the phased introduction of a new swipe travel card from TITSA, with the card being rechargeable and you needing to 'swipe' it when paying for a bus journey rather than placing it in the machine when you get on the bus.

This will start to be introduced from October and will replace the current Bono Card.

Sound similar to the London Oyster card.

No further details, presumably you play a small amount to get the card and then top it up at one of the planned 300 locations.

essexeddie
26-03-2015, 17:44
I wonder what will happen to the old cards with credit on them?

tfs1
26-03-2015, 18:26
I wonder what will happen to the old cards with credit on them?

Hopefully they will give more details in the coming months regarding this and the migration from old to new.

Speaking to someone around the pool just a few minutes ago and they have a BonoBus card for Benidorm. They paid €1 for it, scan it on the bus when they make a journey, they get a paper receipt which also shows the outstanding balance and also can give the driver money to top up the balance.

essexeddie
26-03-2015, 18:57
Hopefully they will give more details in the coming months regarding this and the migration from old to new.

Speaking to someone around the pool just a few minutes ago and they have a BonoBus card for Benidorm. They paid €1 for it, scan it on the bus when they make a journey, they get a paper receipt which also shows the outstanding balance and also can give the driver money to top up the balance.

Is there anyone left round the pool to speak to? :-)

tfs1
26-03-2015, 19:04
Is there anyone left round the pool to speak to? :-)

as you know I talk to anyone !!!!! - only Tommy left and he goes home on Saturday

essexeddie
26-03-2015, 20:50
as you know I talk to anyone !!!!! - only Tommy left and he goes home on Saturday

Looks like you will be spending more time with Paracetamol Pete in reception.

warbey
26-03-2015, 20:50
Henry posted about this a couple of Days ago.

He mentioned some funny amounts He paid.....

henry
28-03-2015, 19:45
right now i use via-movil on my movil phone for the titsa bus. enter the bus scan the code and it tell you it have been paid.

tfs1
28-03-2015, 21:44
Henry posted about this a couple of Days ago.

He mentioned some funny amounts He paid.....

not sure what you mean.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

right now i use via-movil on my movil phone for the titsa bus. enter the bus scan the code and it tell you it have been paid.

could you please tell us more, not sure what this refers to - thanks.

imablue
28-03-2015, 21:48
its the QR scan.......:)

tfs1
28-03-2015, 22:02
its the QR scan.......:)

excuse my total ignorance but having downloaded the app to your smart phone, put credit onto your account then got on a bus and scanned the 'code' how does it calculate the fare ie know how far you are going ?

simple question I know !

does it give the same discount as the current bono card ?

update - just found the website that gives the answers to my questions, the costs revolve around a flat cost per journey, a monthly flat fee and the amount depends on what regions you travel in.

For those in the south it's from 42€ a month and 2 regions its 49€ a month. I imagine you need to make a good few trips to warrent going down this option.

imablue
28-03-2015, 22:14
Dunno lad not got to use it as yet. OH ..well stocked with Bono Pass... and we only use the bus about once maybe twice a week ........
do you not have to say to the driver where you want to go to..?

rob897
28-03-2015, 22:26
How will this tie in with Tourists?, Will shops still be able to sell the smart cards with a prepaid amount and can then be topped up elsewhere?

tfs1
28-03-2015, 22:26
Dunno lad not got to use it as yet. OH ..well stocked with Bono Pass... and we only use the bus about once maybe twice a week ........
do you not have to say to the driver where you want to go to..?

just found the website that gives the answers to my questions, the costs revolve around a flat cost per journey/region (so no talking to the driver, it would appear), a monthly flat fee and the amount depends on what regions you travel in.

For those in the south it's from 42€ a month and if you travel in 2 regions its 49€ a month. I imagine you need to make a good few trips to warrent going down this option and it seems great for locals or those constantly travelling by bus/tram.

website for those wanting more infor http://www.via-movil.es/en/

Will stick with the bono card and new swipe one when it arrives. We like going on a bus but not enough the spend €42 a month.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

How will this tie in with Tourists?, Will shops still be able to sell the smart cards with a prepaid amount and can then be topped up elsewhere?

I suspect you will 'buy' a card at one of the outlets and you will be able to load/topup what ever amount you want to it.

It's not clear if you will need one per person, like the London Oyster card or have just one for, like the Benidorm one and current Bono Card.

henry
30-03-2015, 18:28
http://www.via-movil.es/en/

LUCKY
30-03-2015, 22:01
http://www.via-movil.es/en/

With Vía-Móvil you’ll even be able to buy tickets for other people by depositing money in their virtual wallet.

We love hard cash in yorkshire. now i am shopping for virtual :feret: feed ...............................:flatcap::feret::fe ret::feret::feret: