PDA

View Full Version : Loro Parque

freebird53
28-03-2015, 21:02
Looking for some advice please. My Adult Son wants to take his twins, age 9 to Loro Parque at the end of May this year. There are flights from Liverpool on 29th to South Tenerife but looking on the map it looks like the closest resort he could book for is Puerto De La Cruz? Is this right? Which hotel would you recommend please, with a pool, and child friendly. Also how long will the transfer be please as he doesn't drive and will need to book a bus etc. Thanks for your help.:)

marbro8
28-03-2015, 21:29
hi freebird and welcome:wave:, it doesn't really matter where they stay, because if they stay in the south then it is only about 1 hour journey by bus to loro park, and i think that it is included in the loro park ticket price?, are they only coming over for a few days? or are they coming over for longer?, if you stay in puerto de la cruz you can walk to loro park, hope this helps:wink: just to add, los cris and las americas can be reached from the south airport in about 20 mins in a €25 taxi cab, but i think it would take about 45mins if you travel from the south airport to puerto de la cruz

freebird53
28-03-2015, 22:01
Hi Marbro8 and thanks for the welcome . He's asked me to look for him but I'm not too sure if I should be looking for a hotel not far from the airport in the South, or should I look for a hotel nearer to Loro Parque. He wants to stay for 7 nights but the last time he was there was with his Ex, and it was a holiday I gave them for his 21st and he's 29 now so he wants to show the twins Loro Parque while he's taking them away for a holiday.. Long story.....
I'm just trying to find the right hotel but I'm not too sure where I should book.:dontknow:

melm
29-03-2015, 00:01
Hi Marbro8 and thanks for the welcome . He's asked me to look for him but I'm not too sure if I should be looking for a hotel not far from the airport in the South, or should I look for a hotel nearer to Loro Parque. He wants to stay for 7 nights but the last time he was there was with his Ex, and it was a holiday I gave them for his 21st and he's 29 now so he wants to show the twins Loro Parque while he's taking them away for a holiday.. Long story.....
I'm just trying to find the right hotel but I'm not too sure where I should book.:dontknow:

I am a great fan of Puerto de la Cruz but there is not really very much for children to do. In my opinion its more a resort for adults. My advice would be to book a hotel in the south and arrange the trip to the Loro Parque from there.
You could book this through any tourist shop or perhaps the hotel.

marbro8
29-03-2015, 13:24
I am a great fan of Puerto de la Cruz but there is not really very much for children to do. In my opinion its more a resort for adults. My advice would be to book a hotel in the south and arrange the trip to the Loro Parque from there.
You could book this through any tourist shop or perhaps the hotel.that's what i was going to suggest melm, i would look at one of the parque sandiago hotels, with 3 being my first choice,just have a look on booking.com or sites like onthebeach, teletext holidays and tripadvisor for some ideas,as melm said puerto de la cruz is more older adult friendly, where as if they are coming over for a holiday then there is sooo much more to do for them in the south all within walking distance like the 2 water parks, and karting is only a free bus ride away, monkey park is only 20 mins walk from los cris and is a must for family's, so i would defenately stay somewhere in the south, las americas,los cris,fanabe,san eugenio, they are all walkable to get to:wink:

warbey
29-03-2015, 19:55
If He has been before, why not ask Him./

I too would favout the south, but would b+ b half board or full/all inclusive be best.
I guess He wont want to cook much so again I would favour the South for Cafes etc..

Hope they all enjoy it, why not try it Yourself.?

cheery
30-03-2015, 10:27
I would stay in the South every time, especially with kids. We have done Loro Parque when our son was younger on a bus trip as suggested. There are also lots of other things to do as well. I would suggest a whale trip from Puerto Colon, done this twice, well worth it. Follow all the other tips and you won't go far wrong enertaining young kids.