PDA

View Full Version : Other Information wanted about the 1987 disappearance of Ricky d'Cotta

Franco
03-04-2015, 15:05
Hi all,
To anyone who's been on the island for decades, I'm interested in the 1987 disappearance of Ricky d'Cotta.
Some say he's still alive. Some say he was bumped off by some so-called drug lord. Surely after 28 years, any villain from that era is either retired, dead or in prison, and it must be OK to talk about that now if there's any merit in the story.
Other than that, anyone who remembers the 'Sgt Pepper's' era? (That's where he worked).
Cheers........

LUCKY
03-04-2015, 15:36
Looking for Ricky' is an investigation into the disappearance of Ricky D'Cotta, a London boy who left east London for the Tenerife 80's club scene and never returned. It begins with interviews of people who knew Ricky as a boy, and then moves out to the island to try and trace Ricky's last moves in Tenerife. The story develops into an expose of the islands drug-fueled criminal underworld, in which everyone, from the editor of the local paper to the police, seems somehow implicated. In the course of the film it is discovered that 5 unidentified bodies exist, which may be Ricky's remains. Although DNA tests using samples from Ricky's family prove inconclusive, the final statement from Ricky's best friend reveals that Ricky was almost certainly murdered, following a botched robbery of a local drugs baron.

Franco
03-04-2015, 16:47
Hi Lucky,
Yeah, thanks for that.
I'm aware of the Simon Egan documentary, having seen it when it was broadcast circa 2001.
Given what this site is, I was kind of wondering whether anyone either remembers the incident, or was just around The Strip at the time.
Thanks anyway.

LUCKY
03-04-2015, 18:12
Hi Lucky,
Yeah, thanks for that.
I'm aware of the Simon Egan documentary, having seen it when it was broadcast circa 2001.
Given what this site is, I was kind of wondering whether anyone either remembers the incident, or was just around The Strip at the time.
Thanks anyway.

I must admit i had never heard of him till your thread came up. I was putting some information for the members of this fine forum :flatcap:

Franco
03-04-2015, 19:03
Ahhh right.
Yeah that's a good idea. I think the Cutting Edge documentary is on YouTube if anyone wants to see it.
As you said, it is called 'Looking for Ricky'.
Cheers.

KirstyJay
03-04-2015, 20:33
I moved here about 14 years ago, so never knew him, but there maybe some people on here who have been here longer. :)

Malteser Monkey
03-04-2015, 21:21
I moved here about 14 years ago, so never knew him, but there maybe some people on here who have been here longer. :)

I left 15 years ago and had been there 10 years, didn't know anything about him. But in my holidaying years SGT peppers was our place.

Lord the memories come screeming back. Along with the Red Dragon pub.

Franco
04-04-2015, 05:12

Hi Kirsty, yeah well I hope so!

Cheers

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I left 15 years ago and had been there 10 years, didn't know anything about him. But in my holidaying years SGT peppers was our place.

Lord the memories come screeming back. Along with the Red Dragon pub.

Hi Malteser, so you'd have gone not long after this happened? I remember that too! Was the 'place to be' in those days. Not that i'm suggesting that it isn't now obviously..... not on this site anyway lol.
I had three different mates move out to Tenerife in the mid-'80s, so I spent a bit of time on the island between then and about '93/'94. That's how I got interested in this. I mean it's obviously an awful story, but on top of that, I was there at the time-ish, yet totally unaware that this had happened until years later.

Malteser Monkey
04-04-2015, 11:20
Hi Kirsty, yeah well I hope so!

Cheers

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Malteser, so you'd have gone not long after this happened? I remember that too! Was the 'place to be' in those days. Not that i'm suggesting that it isn't now obviously..... not on this site anyway lol.
I had three different mates move out to Tenerife in the mid-'80s, so I spent a bit of time on the island between then and about '93/'94. That's how I got interested in this. I mean it's obviously an awful story, but on top of that, I was there at the time-ish, yet totally unaware that this had happened until years later.

Well let's see if anything comes of it

Franco
28-04-2015, 05:19
Oh well, nearly 600 views, but no memories of the time. Never mind. Maybe there's no one left from the Sgt Peppers era now, or at least anyone from as far back as '87....... visiting this site anyway.
Anyone know if Bo is still around? Was managing Linekers circa 2000. Or Mike Evert, former DJ at Sgt Peppers?
Not to worry. If there's no one goes that far back then I suppose that's it really.
Cheers.

Malteser Monkey
28-04-2015, 09:30
Oh well, nearly 600 views, but no memories of the time. Never mind. Maybe there's no one left from the Sgt Peppers era now, or at least anyone from as far back as '87....... visiting this site anyway.
Anyone know if Bo is still around? Was managing Linekers circa 2000. Or Mike Evert, former DJ at Sgt Peppers?
Not to worry. If there's no one goes that far back then I suppose that's it really.
Cheers.

Think Bo still there - not heard anything different - maybe take a look at their website ?

Don't know Mike

Franco
29-04-2015, 23:38
Think Bo still there - not heard anything different - maybe take a look at their website ?

Don't know Mike

Hi mate. At least someone remembers something :idea:

Mike (either Evert or Everett - one of the two), was an old school DJ at Sgt Peppers in the mid '80s. Was around in Americas long after that.

I did look on the Linekers website, but surprisingly little info. Just lots of pictures of the self-loving Wayne. :lol:

Not to worry.