PDA

View Full Version : What is the public transport like around Puerto de la Cruz?

ginandmilk
06-04-2015, 16:40
Hi
me and my husband are visiting puerto de la cruz in a few weeks as we are hoping to relocate in the next two or three years. Whilst we're out there, we'd like to have a look around la orotava (and perhaps other areas if anyone can recommend any), so I was just wondering what public transport is like out there? Would be nice to see as many areas as possible but as we don't want to hire a car we are very much at the mercy of buses!

ginandmilk
07-04-2015, 07:02
That's great (better than our buses)!
Thanks for that. Getting more excited now :-)

ribuck
07-04-2015, 11:50
The bus terminal is in Paseo Hermanos Fernandez Perdigon. Near the frontmost bus stop is an enquiries window where you can get timetables and information. The bus services from Puerto de la Cruz are generally frequent and efficient (though not quite as cheap as the buses around Santa Cruz).

ribuck
07-04-2015, 20:18
The west end of Calle Cupido is called Paseo Hermanos Fernandez Perdigon, and that's TITSA's official name for these bus stops. But yes, the same place, Calle Cupido.

Fares in the capital's "Metropolitan Zone" are definitely cheaper. For example, to get from Puerto de la Cruz to La Caldera is €1.85 of thereabouts, but within the Santa Cruz area it's hard to spend more than about €1.20. That's enough to get as far as Taganana, Punta de Hidalgo, Chamorga, Igueste de San Andres, etc!

ginandmilk
25-04-2015, 17:08
Ribuck, thanks for your reply, that's very useful. Even though I've subscribed to this thread (and I usually forget), I didn't know about your post, so sorry for the delay in replying!

ribuck
25-04-2015, 17:51
You can take the 343 from Tenerife South Airport straight to Puerto de la Cruz. It only makes a handful of stops along the way. It runs approximately every hour on weekdays, every two hours on weekends. You could also take the 111 to Santa Cruz then change to the 103 for Puerto de la Cruz (both of those run mostly half-hourly, but the 103 is hourly on weekends).

You can pay cash on the bus, or get a big discount by buying a pre-loaded €15 Bono Bus card in advance. I don't know whether the Bono cards are still sold at the airport, but you can get them at the Santa Cruz and Puerto de la Cruz bus stations (just ask for a Bono and you'll get the standard tourist Bono).

Have a great trip, and let us know how it went!

Blum
01-01-2016, 06:50
Puerto de la Cruz is located in the Canary Islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The only way to o get there is either by ship or plane. The local transport which you are asking for is commonly buses. I mean buses are the most common transport there to travel locally. So you can get bus from an area to another in and around the nearest cities.

ginandmilk
01-01-2016, 13:47
Puerto de la Cruz is located in the Canary Islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The only way to o get there is either by ship or plane. The local transport which you are asking for is commonly buses. I mean buses are the most common transport there to travel locally. So you can get bus from an area to another in and around the nearest cities.

^^That has got to be the most bizarre reply I've ever had to a post on any forum.

Ecky Thump
01-01-2016, 14:04
^^That has got to be the most bizarre reply I've ever had to a post on any forum.

I don't think that English is Blums home language, all his posts appear to be slightly weird sounding....like mine! :D

Leam_Lin
01-01-2016, 15:34
I don't think that English is Blums home language, all his posts appear to be slightly weird sounding....like mine! :D

Won't be long....................then an advert for ???????????????

LUCKY
01-01-2016, 17:11

Obviously you ain't read many of mine then, :flatcap:

Quote Originally Posted by Blum View Post

Megaloo
02-01-2016, 11:17
Obviously you ain't read many of mine then, :flatcap:

Quote Originally Posted by Blum View Post

Perhaps Satellite re incarnated :spin:

Ecky Thump
02-01-2016, 13:08
Perhaps Satellite re incarnated :spin:

Stop making threatening posts!! :-((