PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport All the parking places in San Eugenio have gone!

DonnaFranka
06-04-2015, 16:55
Hi

I live in the area of San Eugenio and we have had massive disruptions in the last months because the pavement is being extended near the Centro Comercial de San Eugenio. As one side of the road is now finished we have discovered that all the parking places have been taken away and the pavement is now extra wide. Am I the only person who thinks that such wide pavements are not necessary and the fact that many hundreds of parking places have now been removed in San Eugenio and Torviscas and Bahia del Duque etc over the last 3 or 4 years. It may be nice or the tourists but what about us who live here and especially with the population increasing massively in the last year or two. The Mercadona car park cannot cater for all the extra cars and is normally quite full...just needed to air an opinion...does anyone else agree !!

bonitatime
06-04-2015, 23:31
I think it Will look nicer but parking is going to be even more hellish than it is now. We are waiting for Calle Brusellas to be done

YOUNG GOLFER
07-04-2015, 00:29
The road works will not solve the problem of parking.....but go shopping in the supermarket and get free parking for a hour job done. I think it's great that tourist have more room to walk.

primrose
07-04-2015, 10:23
The road works will not solve the problem of parking.....but go shopping in the supermarket and get free parking for a hour job done. I think it's great that tourist have more room to walk.

Most are tourist's so I am sure they wouldn't want to go in the supermarket every time they want to park their car. What do they do after the
free hour has run out. There was plenty of room for them to walk before If there was room for tables and chairs on the footpath there was room for pedestrians.Young Golfer where do the residents park when all the parking spaces been taken away.They need more parking spaces not less.

Angusjim
07-04-2015, 12:54
Most are tourist's so I am sure they wouldn't want to go in the supermarket every time they want to park their car. What do they do after the
free hour has run out. There was plenty of room for them to walk before If there was room for tables and chairs on the footpath there was room for pedestrians.Young Golfer where do the residents park when all the parking spaces been taken away.They need more parking spaces not less.

Who cares about the residents its a holiday island and preference should and must be given us holidaymakers if residents are no happy stay oot o the holiday areas.:whistle::whistle:

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 13:05
Who cares about the residents its a holiday island and preference should and must be given us holidaymakers if residents are no happy stay oot o the holiday areas.:whistle::whistle:

Oooo you'll get nae thanks for that:D

Ecky Thump
07-04-2015, 13:15

They should take notice of Britain and how we cater for our holiday makers, but instead of car parks for them we build Mosques!:lol:

blondie
07-04-2015, 13:59
They should take notice of Britain and how we cater for our holiday makers, but instead of car parks for them we build Mosques!:lol:

Ha guid yin Ecky , on
the ball today , never said a truer word .

primrose
07-04-2015, 14:04
Perhaps there are holidaymakers that like to tour the Island in a car and would appreciate somewhere to park. Not everybody spends every waking hour in a bar.

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 14:08
Perhaps there are holidaymakers that like to tour the Island in a car and would appreciate somewhere to park. Not everybody spends every waking hour in a bar.

He wouldn't fork out for a car anyhoooo:D

Angusjim
07-04-2015, 14:14

How very dare you I hope you are not inferring that I spend all my holidays in a bar :eek::(( Thats TOTO 99 ) but I would agree that in holiday areas there should be designated parking bays for the sole use of holidaymakers

Ecky Thump
07-04-2015, 14:20

Angusjim and TOTO 99 and the cars in Tenerife have a lot in common, they are all "totally wrecked".:lol:

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 14:21
Ha guid yin Ecky , on
the ball today , never said a truer word .

Speak propa

primrose
07-04-2015, 14:37
Speak propa

Perhaps we should all post in our native dialect, then there would be even more posts that nobody understands. Si thee all later off t'mek sum cards.Tarra.

Ecky Thump
07-04-2015, 14:43
Speak propa

Haud yer wheest yer glaikit woman.:fpull:

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 15:04

Okay - I'm ooooot:crazy:

Angusjim
07-04-2015, 15:24
Perhaps we should all post in our native dialect, then there would be even more posts that nobody understands. Si thee all later off t'mek sum cards.Tarra.

Hope all went well making your cards;)

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 15:39

By eck chuck th's talking like mi mother Peter Kaye:crazy:

primrose
07-04-2015, 15:47
By eck chuck th's talking like mi mother Peter Kaye:crazy:

My son says he is talking about me he is doing his show. Don't tell anybody but I think he is right.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Aye thi turned owt reet gradely.

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 16:03
My son says he is talking about me he is doing his show. Don't tell anybody but I think he is right.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Aye thi turned owt reet gradely.

My Uncle is the spit of Bobby Ball and sounds exactly like him !

Well I'll g'tu' foot of ower sturs wi'ya bag o' toffees :D

they don't have sweets in Lancs

Angusjim
07-04-2015, 16:12
Another Thread ruined by the usual suspects:doh::nono:

Malteser Monkey
07-04-2015, 16:24

Yes ! I can see now

primrose
07-04-2015, 16:33
Another Thread ruined by the usual suspects:doh::nono:

No suspects, found guilty Angusjim.It wer thee as tuk'it off topic.:nono:

YOUNG GOLFER
08-04-2015, 00:35

Well if your a resident with a car drive to Adeje....only a few minutes away and plenty of parking. The area of San Eugenio was never ever a chance to get parked anyhow always to busy.

Malteser Monkey
08-04-2015, 10:00
Well if your a resident with a car drive to Adeje....only a few minutes away and plenty of parking. The area of San Eugenio was never ever a chance to get parked anyhow always to busy.

You are sooo right. Casting my memory back now it was murder when I needed my dentist up there - even back then. !

primrose
08-04-2015, 10:30

So if it was too busy before, what do you think it will be like now they have even less spaces to park, and how do you get back from Adeje to San Eugenio, if you had bothered reading the original post you would have read that Mercadona car park is often full, and if you do a full shop there how do you carry it back to Adeje. Your right MM it was a nightmare even years ago it is even worse now so many parking spaces have been lost.It's chaos with people driving round and round looking for somewhere to park.
YG I actually never mentioned residents I asked what tourists did for parking when your suggestion of using Mercadona car park for the free hour had run out.

YOUNG GOLFER
08-04-2015, 23:11
Just to let you know there are more spaces being constructed as we speak in the area.....

primrose
09-04-2015, 08:46
That will be a big disappointment to you, if they are actually putting parking spaces where tourists could be walking.How very dare they.

Malteser Monkey
09-04-2015, 08:56
That will be a big disappointment to you, if they are actually putting parking spaces where tourists could be walking.How very dare they.

You gawn all Derek Faye on us primmy - how very dare you:cheeky:
YOUNG GOLFER :cheeky: How do you construct a space ?:cheeky: see not just a pretty face:D

candy2411
09-04-2015, 08:57
If I need to go to San Eugenio I leave the car at home and get the bus ! Titsa stop and pick up right outside.

primrose
09-04-2015, 10:00
If I need to go to San Eugenio I leave the car at home and get the bus ! Titsa stop and pick up right outside.

That's fine if you can manage to get on on bus,but not everybody can. And what you have just put proves there are far too few parking spaces.

Malteser Monkey
09-04-2015, 10:08
That's fine if you can manage to get on on bus,but not everybody can. And what you have just put proves there are far too few parking spaces.

Difficult on the bus with a big shop tho' - fine if you don't

DonnaFranka
11-04-2015, 21:38

Hiya me again...glad we have returned to the original subject..ha ha. My prob is that I live up hill on top of Aquapark and there are no Titsa buses going up there..which brings me onto another subject, if I may be so bold..... With all the hundreds of people living in San Eugenio Alto and Torviscas Alto and Roque del Conde, how can we request Titsa to extend the bus service up the hill. Imagine Titsa go up all the way to Taucho and Vera de Erques and they are only very small villages. How do we go about requesting this? Thanks,.

Greg
12-04-2015, 20:13
They are going to take away all the parking in front of "The Golden Mile" (C.C. safari, Parque Santiago 3) next. This approach has destroyed many businesses, Harleys being a good example. Personally, if I can't park easily I will go elsewhere. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

primrose
12-04-2015, 20:25
Why on earth they need wider pavements as there won't be any tourists to walk on them the way they are going, is it just a ploy to make people use taxi's to get from one place to another because you won't be able to use a car if there is nowhere to park.Before much longer the wider pavements are going to be chockablock with mobility scooters as it will be the only way to get about.My neighbors both young have mobility scooters as they say they can get about easily, don't have to pay for parking, they use them all the time even take the dog a walk on them.Is it any wonder the pavements are full of them.

YOUNG GOLFER
12-04-2015, 20:57
Why on earth they need wider pavements as there won't be any tourists to walk on them the way they are going, is it just a ploy to make people use taxi's to get from one place to another because you won't be able to use a car if there is nowhere to park.Before much longer the wider pavements are going to be chockablock with mobility scooters as it will be the only way to get about.My neighbors both young have mobility scooters as they say they can get about easily, don't have to pay for parking, they use them all the time even take the dog a walk on them.Is it any wonder the pavements are full of them.

If people hire a scooter to get around than great....they pay good money for that little luxury.

primrose
12-04-2015, 21:13
If people hire a scooter to get around than great....they pay good money for that little luxury.

Will you think that if one of your children gets hurt by some of the lunatics that use them?

YOUNG GOLFER
12-04-2015, 21:23
Will you think that if one of your children gets hurt by some of the lunatics that use them?
I agree some people race up and down and at silly speeds. But their are a load of people who would not normally venture out their way to see more of Tenerife without these scooters . It's a fairly new thing these mobile transport vehicles and for many it's fun and a great idea.

primrose
12-04-2015, 21:35
I agree some people race up and down and at silly speeds. But their are a load of people who would not normally venture out their way to see more of Tenerife without these scooters . It's a fairly new thing these mobile transport vehicles and for many it's fun and a great idea.

So, would you think it fun if one of your children was hurt?. There are lots of posts on this Forum complaining about them.

norte
13-04-2015, 13:35
there is massive carpark for free in san eugenio near molino restaurant. but i guess its full allready lol. its not a good idea to go to las americas centre or other bussy tourist places like that and expect parking lol. its always occupied anyways, who in your right mind would expect to find parking in these kind of places ??:D

primrose
13-04-2015, 13:56
there is massive carpark for free in san eugenio near molino restaurant. but i guess its full allready lol. its not a good idea to go to las americas centre or other bussy tourist places like that and expect parking lol. its always occupied anyways, who in your right mind would expect to find parking in these kind of places ??:D

Well if they didn't keep getting rid of the parking spaces and planting Palm tree, perhaps people would have a chance to find a parking space.Who in their right mind would get rid of the one thing that brings business to an area.Parking Spaces, you certainly can't park up a palm tree.

norte
13-04-2015, 14:15
sure agree about it being problem for businesses, but i could never ever find a place in americas centre, i live here(tenerife) 1 year, always leaving my car up in that car park near molino rest, thats safest bet. tourist comes first i guess as its main part of the economy..