PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat Would it be a good business idea to set up doing car repairs in Tenerife?

Revival
11-04-2015, 01:01
I heard of one English body car repairs long time ago but seemed to have disappeared, I have been in the trade 17 years and was considering to start my own,,
Was just interested on people's opinions as it would be mainly english trade i would get as we all know the Spanish don't care so much of the condition of there cars,

services offered....

Dent removal
Accident repairs
Alloy wheel refurbishment
Resprays
Restoration
Welding
Valeting

All opinions welcome good and bad
Thanks

amanda
11-04-2015, 13:13
Well my husband certainly cares about his car seems your not very well informed

Revival
11-04-2015, 13:20
New to the island. Please inform me,, as need to gauge intrest in this idea,,

candy2411
11-04-2015, 13:30
Hi Revival,I don't know what the percentage of residents to non-residents the membership of this forum has , but would gauge the majority are the latter. If that's the case, and since few non-residents own cars preferring to rent, then this may not be the best place to seek opinion.

TOTO 99
11-04-2015, 14:19
And those members who are residents are mostly women....and we all know they don't know anything about cars.....or driving........:lol:

I'll get me coat....:eek:

Malteser Monkey
11-04-2015, 17:42
Blimey back in my days there, the Canarian's cared more about what car they were driving than where they were living:wink:

Revival
11-04-2015, 20:02
I'm thinking I'm still gonna give it a bash,, not looking to concour Tenerife. Just make a little living,, and sure once word gets about and some good show of work has gone out the door word of mouth should bring work in

Ecky Thump
11-04-2015, 20:38
I'm thinking I'm still gonna give it a bash,, not looking to concour Tenerife. Just make a little living,, and sure once word gets about and some good show of work has gone out the door word of mouth should bring work in

Good man give it a go! something that you will already know is that a mobile small repair body and alloy wheel refurbishment service is popular in the UK,it might be worth considering a similar venture as there are plenty of cars in Tenerife that have been keyed and wheels that have been curbed, maybe it's a service that you could offer to car dealers on the island.

Andy0210
11-04-2015, 21:07
You are aware it is illegal to work on cars on the roadside in Spain, hence there are no mobile mechanics here, if you are considering doing this mobile its a none starter from the off, if you are thinking of premises then i think you would do very well if you offered a good service at a good price.

Ecky Thump
11-04-2015, 21:25
You are aware it is illegal to work on cars on the roadside in Spain, hence there are no mobile mechanics here, if you are considering doing this mobile its a none starter from the off, if you are thinking of premises then i think you would do very well if you offered a good service at a good price.

Would it not be possible offer the mobile service on another businesses premises, it's a very common practice in the UK and only today my son had a alloy wheel refurbished at a large car dealers premises.??

Revival
11-04-2015, 22:25
road side repairs is illegal,but private land is diff for example people's homes and like mentioned large car dealerships rent a car company's so on,, there is defo options and being a new company and my own at this point I am super flexible on ideas, mobile... Own garage..... At my home so on

Andy0210
12-04-2015, 00:43
road side repairs is illegal,but private land is diff for example people's homes and like mentioned large car dealerships rent a car company's so on,, there is defo options and being a new company and my own at this point I am super flexible on ideas, mobile... Own garage..... At my home so on

You obviously have it all covered so why ask for advice? Good luck.

Revival
12-04-2015, 00:50
Not asking for advice andy0210, point of post is to gauge intrest.. Thanks for the luck tho

timmylish
12-04-2015, 01:19
I would disagree on the number of resident to non-resident on this Forum. I would place it about 60 - 40 in favour of residents. Maybees more. Most of us are probably a bit dormant, to say the least!
If I were the O/p I would seek the advice of UK garage proprietors here. Also it would help enormously if an Insurance company came on board as they all seem to use Archiautos, Ford Dealership in Las Chafiras. They are good!

Revival
12-04-2015, 16:19
Very true a insurance company on board would make a big help