PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a new sunblind in Tenerife?

lassy76
16-04-2015, 15:51
Hi can anyone recommend someone to fit a new sun blind to cover a small terrace, I know there is a company called Prestige that you can see in the local paper, but is there anyone else so I can compare prices.

Ricman
16-04-2015, 17:52
It is always smart to compare prices but I can certainly recommend Prestige as I have used them several times over the years , the contact is James. Service & quality are excellent.

lassy76
16-04-2015, 21:56
It is always smart to compare prices but I can certainly recommend Prestige as I have used them several times over the years , the contact is James. Service & quality are excellent.

Hi thanks Ricman looks like it will have to be Prestige as no one knows anyone else. Looks like Prestige has the monopoly. Thanks again

salsa
28-07-2015, 19:19
Hi thanks Ricman looks like it will have to be Prestige as no one knows anyone else. Looks like Prestige has the monopoly. Thanks again

Hi Lassy76

How did you get on with Prestige, as I am also looking for a sunblind for my patio.

Cas
28-07-2015, 19:36
Hi, there is a place that sells and fits blinds next to Pinos in Los Cris. Have had him do things for me and price has always been reasonable.

lassy76
28-07-2015, 20:20
Yes very good James is very nice guy a bit more than what i thought but thats Tenerife everything seems more expensive over there. But i am happy took about 2 weeks from date he called to measure to the time they fitted it. After fiiting i thought it could have been a little higher as it was covering my terrace light, i rang James and the fitters were round to move it a couple days later no probs at all. So yes i would recomend them. Hope this helps

essexeddie
29-07-2015, 14:52
We got ours from the place next to Pino's in LC. He speaks little English but his wife can. I think he charges about 300¢ to recover sun blinds.

lassy76
29-07-2015, 15:14
Seems about right i paid 675e for a 3.8m x 2.5m and this was the more expensive of the 3 options he also quoted me 300e if it needed recovering due to accidental damage.

Tom & Sharon
29-07-2015, 15:27
You're all nuts. You can get them in Leroy Merlin from 69€ upwards. 675€? Not a chance lol!

essexeddie
29-07-2015, 16:39
You're all nuts. You can get them in Leroy Merlin from 69€ upwards. 675€? Not a chance lol!

Yeah! have you seen them, cheap skate? Just about big enough to cover the back door and will blow away in the wind.:lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

We got ours from the place next to Pino's in LC. He speaks little English but his wife can. I think he charges about 300¢ to recover sun blinds.

I think it was about 600€ but was about six years ago, so not a bad deal.

Tom & Sharon
29-07-2015, 16:50
Yeah! have you seen them, cheap skate? Just about big enough to cover the back door and will blow away in the wind.:lol:

Well ours was 99€ from Leroy Merlin. It's 3.0m wide x 2.5m deep and has lasted 3 years up to now! It's certainly big enough and good enough to sit and drink wine under anyway lol!

Oopps

Keeps uploading it upside down

lassy76
29-07-2015, 18:41
If it works for you then thats good but i think that everone has a different idea of what would be good for them and think there is a little difference in quality, not in the canopy but in the arms that wind the conopy in and out. But if it works for you then good but there is nothing wrong in checking out the difference always handy to take a look just wish i had more response when i originaly posted, bit late for me now but im very satisfied speak as you find i suppose.

essexeddie
29-07-2015, 18:45
On a complex you all have to have the same, the cheap ones only come in a few colours. Also ours is fitted the right way up.

kingbaker
30-07-2015, 04:24
:p:p:p:p:p:p

Angusjim
30-07-2015, 09:27
Never thought I would hear Sharon called a cheapskate not a phrase Tom would use about her:laugh::laugh:

salsa
30-07-2015, 12:42
Hi Lassy76

How did you get on with Prestige, as I am also looking for a sunblind for my patio.

Thanks for all your advice, I will have a look at the place in Los cris and also Prestige.

lassy76
31-07-2015, 09:05
Thanks for all your advice, I will have a look at the place in Los cris and also Prestige.
No probs, wish I had the same response when I asked would have been nice to have a comparison.