PDA

View Full Version : Internet Contact with AirFibre

Callaoanne
20-04-2015, 19:16
The previous post by iceclimber prompted a large response about AirFibre, with people detailing their experiences,mainly lack of communication with them. I decided to go for the medium package, sent off the request on line and they got in touch with me by phone within three days advising that a technician would call on 29th April(Hardly the three days they said to have it, but never mind).Nothing about cost, fixed plans etc as it said in the advert so yesterday I sent an email asking for terms and conditions, they replied within the hour(this on a sunday) with a link to the original advert page which still did not give more info, so I emailed the special page they had given me and asked what were fixed plans,how long or how little would contracts be and if I found the system did not live up to expectations, could I cancel the contract.Another reply within a couple of hours to say my comments were noted and an agent would contact me asap.
So whilst I have no more info at least they are in good contact and I hope to have some answers before the guy comes on the 29th.
I agree with one writer who complained about the poor grammar and spelling on the web page, most off putting but I have had such poor speeds from Moviestar this weekend that I am willing to give it a go. Watch this space for more info about Airfibre and if anyone actually HAS the system please enlighten us with your comments. Cheers Anne.

Greg
20-04-2015, 21:55
I've got it and I'm a happy camper. Way better than Movistar.

Callaoanne
21-04-2015, 12:14
Just to update, they DID get in touch and detailed the medium package plan was 117 euros for six months up front,payable on system being installed and working,then monthly following that. also. two weeks trial period, seems pretty good to me.No mention of increasing the price after the six months so I will give it a try as Moviestar has been dreadful speedwise for over a week. One or two people have emailed to say they are satisfied with Air Fibre.

Callaoanne
22-04-2015, 11:49
Where the hell did that come from???????We can look for a translation then from you Andy!!!!!!

UKj
22-04-2015, 21:01
I have AirFibre and have been happy with the connection, for the money. I've been connected for about 6 weeks and in that time it's been off twice. Once for 6 hours and once for 12 hours due to outages on the tower in the South. The speed is up and down between 1 and 9 Mbps on the 10 Mbps contract. I also have a 2.5 Mbps ADSL connection with Movistar. My Movistar ADSL always delivers 2.5 Mbps and has never been down. My AirFibre latency is higher than Movistars ADSL but the extra bandwidth does improve streaming of video. AirFibre is certainly better value for money than Movistar and I welcome the extra competition in this market place. The router AirFibre provide has better wireless than Movistars default option. If you're looking for extra bandwidth with lower costs then AirFibre is a no brainer. If you need stability and 100% uptime then stick with ADSL or have both. I still struggle with contact from AirFibre but then I could say the same of Movistar and ultimately that's my fault for not speaking better Spanish!

doreen
23-04-2015, 11:11
And just a comment about movistar speeds for the last week - a lot of people complaining (mine was terrible last night), but perhaps it can all be explained by the fact they are installing fibre optic and the system is suffering during the works (there was a major outage that hit all banks etc a few days back)

primrose
23-04-2015, 11:34
Mine was off for a couple of hours on Monday.

information
23-04-2015, 11:56
And just a comment about movistar speeds for the last week - a lot of people complaining (mine was terrible last night), but perhaps it can all be explained by the fact they are installing fibre optic and the system is suffering during the works (there was a major outage that hit all banks etc a few days back)

which is the main reason I will be sticking with Movistar as they will do the change over for free once its up and running. I used to hate dealing with telefonica/movistar but over the past 2 years they have really improved when dealing with faults.