PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Farmacia

marles
28-04-2015, 13:33
Does anyone know if there is a Farmacia in Los Cristianos or Las Americas that sells Lactulose Oral Solution?

Ecky Thump
28-04-2015, 14:08
It's a commonly stocked item, so I would try the Famacia by Los Cristianos harbour, they have a very helpful English speaking farmacist there.

Don't make the mistake of going to the "Parafarmacia" which is a few metres away, they will charge you a fortune for something that in all probability won't work.

An excerpt from Trip Advisor....

1. Re: The difference between Parafarmacia and Farmacia
25 February 2010, 16:24
This drives me nuts here. The bad thing is that the parafarmacias dont tell their customers that they only have herbal medicines. You can present a prescription and they'll tell you that they dont have it in stock and offer you an alternative.

The herbal medicines are quite expensive and often a waster of money. Obviously there is nothing wrong with herbal medicine per se but when you are specifically asking for Imodium, Voltarol or specific painkillers etc, then you should be told this is a herbal chemist. We have had people being given cranberry tablets for a urine infection and nearly ened up in hospital because they thought they were taking antibiotics.

marles
29-04-2015, 14:40
Thanks very much. This will save me having to take hold luggage with me when I travel this time.