PDA

View Full Version : Other What are the internet options on the Golf del Sur?

barryk
03-05-2015, 20:05
Hi,

Please could anyone advise on the best internet options in GDS. I have a phone line into the apartment and am on Avenida del Atlantico.

Is fibre available down here or just the old copper. What sort of speed can I expect?.

Has anyone had any experience of these air fibre type companies in this area.

Regards
Barryk

Malteser Monkey
04-05-2015, 10:16
lucky ? .......

phillip
04-05-2015, 11:01
Our place is in Winter Gardens on Avenida del Atlantico and we are with DT Media for the line/TV and broadband and although the speed was about 15mg when it was installed two years ago, we normally get an average of about 6mg which is absolutely fine. The service we have had from DTMedia has been excellent.

LUCKY
04-05-2015, 13:08
Im here Malteser Monkey

I am with movistar here at Lower GDS the speed is good the service is good. And the office is just up the road at Chafiras
:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Malteser Monkey
04-05-2015, 13:12
Im here Malteser Monkey

I am with movistar here at Lower GDS the speed is good the service is good. And the office is just up the road at Chafiras
:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Thank you Sir - see we can help out ............occasionally and be serious .....................occasionally:wink2::whistle:

Kendal Calling
26-05-2015, 23:01
Hi. I called into Movistar shop in Los Abrigos today to be told that speeds will increase to approx 10-15mbps in July as work is being done to this time scale. The lady in the shop thought that no new equipment was read as it is not fibre optic. I'm on 2-2.5 Mbps at San Miguel Village so sny increase will be welcome.
Roll on July!

Ecky Thump
05-06-2015, 18:26
ordered on monday ,installed today
in Avenida del Atlantico ,golf de sur
ADSL 20mb (€22 a month)
http://info.telefonica.es/es/home/

In the well known words of Mrs Brown......

That's nice!

phillip
05-06-2015, 18:41
Hi,

Please could anyone advise on the best internet options in GDS. I have a phone line into the apartment and am on Avenida del Atlantico.

Is fibre available down here or just the old copper. What sort of speed can I expect?.

Has anyone had any experience of these air fibre type companies in this area.

Regards
Barryk

We are in Winter Gardens on Avenida del Atlantico and are with DTMedia with our telephone line and broadband internet and T.V. We have a good speed of on average 6mb and this is ok for all our devices. We have a good deal on the calls, especially to and from the U.K. and the service from D.T has always been good.

phillip
05-06-2015, 20:04
Blimey! Someone asks for some simple advice and we end up with links to the NHS...... I didn't know they dealt with broadband in Tenerife.... Mind you at my age I think anything above 6mb would be too fast for me.