PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Car Scrappage scheme in Spain

Mia
05-05-2015, 10:44
At present Spain has a "Scappage Scheme" where a dealer will offer 2,000 Euros to trade in a car 10 years or older against buying a new car.

Does anyone know if there is a date when the scheme finishes. I understand it has been extended each year for the last few years.

I do not know the Spanish term for this, so I am having a problem finding out.

I am sure if you ask a dealer they will tell you it will end this year as they will be trying to sell you a car!

information
05-05-2015, 12:17
At present Spain has a "Scappage Scheme" where a dealer will offer 2,000 Euros to trade in a car 10 years or older against buying a new car.

Does anyone know if there is a date when the scheme finishes. I understand it has been extended each year for the last few years.

I do not know the Spanish term for this, so I am having a problem finding out.

I am sure if you ask a dealer they will tell you it will end this year as they will be trying to sell you a car!

its called plan PIVE and it does end. There is a certain amount of money and when it's gone the plan ends. This must be the 3rd or 4th plan?

Mia
05-05-2015, 13:21
Thank you information for your help.

Using the name of the plan I found the following websites which explain everything. As you said there is no end date. It ends when the money has gone.

You must be resident with a NIE number.
You must have owned the car for at least one year
The car must have a current ITV certificate.
The money is deducted from the cost of the new vehicle so you do not have to pay out and wait for the 2,000 Euros to be refunded

Here are the websites:

http://moneysaverspain.com/plan-pive-grants/ (This is in English)

http://www.minetur.gob.es/energia/es-es/servicios/vehiculoeficiente/paginas/programa-vehiculo-eficiente.aspx (This is in Spanish but translates with bing)

lesbroz
05-05-2015, 18:33
Hi Mia

I used this scheme through Overcame to purchase my latest vehicle. It's painless.