PDA

View Full Version : Looking to relocate to Tenerife. Will we be able to get work?

Lindon
07-05-2015, 11:09
Hi,

I am new to the forum and want some basic advice on relocating to Tenerife . I am a British painter and decorator , with over 20 years of experience in a full range of internal and external decorating , including wall papering, paint effects ,joinery , plastering and general maintainance . I am self employed and looking to relocate with my wife who is experienced in beauty/retail /bar work and care work.
We are looking for some guidance and an honest opinion in how feasable this may be.

Many thanks

Lindon and Lisa Opie

Lindon
07-05-2015, 13:26
Thanks for that, we are both learning spanish , and yes we were going to come out and look at the situation, prior to coming

information
07-05-2015, 14:30
Hi,

I am new to the forum and want some basic advice on relocating to Tenerife . I am a British painter and decorator , with over 20 years of experience in a full range of internal and external decorating , including wall papering, paint effects ,joinery , plastering and general maintainance . I am self employed and looking to relocate with my wife who is experienced in beauty/retail /bar work and care work.
We are looking for some guidance and an honest opinion in how feasable this may be.

Many thanks

Lindon and Lisa Opie

the 1st thing people look at when getting a quote for a job is the price. There are many cowboys here willing to take any job as long as it pays for their beer so I would say you would really stuggle to follow your trade here. Getting a bar job should be easy but don't expect a good wage, a lot pay 5 or 6 euros per hour. I would say if you are coming here to make money think again and before someone pipes up with ''at least you have the sun'', the sun has never paid any of my bills or put food on my table.

thestallion85
10-05-2015, 22:23
I'd like to move there aswell
I'm a plasterer

information
11-05-2015, 11:23
I'd like to move there aswell
I'm a plasterer

if you can plaster to a professional standard you may be okay as the one I use is always busy. Please bear in mind, he has been here a long time and has a lot of contacts.

thestallion85
11-05-2015, 11:24
I've been in d game 12 years
But I wudnt have a clue how to get in

information
11-05-2015, 11:32
I've been in d game 12 years
But I wudnt have a clue how to get in

the one I use works for a few different gangs so he always seems to have a lot on. Last time I used him I had to wait 4 weeks and even then he had to do mine at the weekend as he was flat out getting his last job finished. You would need to contact anyone who is in the building game and leave your number with them.

thestallion85
11-05-2015, 11:36
Cheers mate
I was thinking of goin on holiday in Tenerife
Then I'll have a look round

information
11-05-2015, 11:50
Cheers mate
I was thinking of goin on holiday in Tenerife
Then I'll have a look round

I could PM you a number for a builder I know if you want.

thestallion85
11-05-2015, 12:53
That would b great or if u got an email for him it wud also b great

gsc
12-05-2015, 13:16
if you can plaster to a professional standard you may be okay as the one I use is always busy. Please bear in mind, he has been here a long time and has a lot of contacts.

I always use Nathan Donaghue - he's excellent - pm if you wanthis number.