PDA

View Full Version : Other How would our lives change here if Britain exited the EU?

doncarlos
11-05-2015, 18:48
So there’s a lot of talk about this infamous referendum revolving around the UK’s involvement in the EU. It seems unthinkable that Brexit would become a reality but if this did happen how would life change for those Brits living in Spain? Assuming that Cameron doesn’t manage to negotiate the terms of the EU treaty that he’s after, Juncker holds his ground and we end up with a situation where there’s no agreement between the Brits and Europe, would we be back to visas, applying for long-term resident status and strange property laws etc?

As they say in France, ¡Qué puto desastre!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

And queuing in the non-EU immigration lanes – can’t wait!

amanda
11-05-2015, 21:16
When I came to live here in 1974 I had to report to the police station every three months to have my passport stamped, same for my husband when he first went to the uk, plus he had to retake his driving license there as well, that was under francos reign. Good or bad not that bad then living here

essexeddie
11-05-2015, 21:52
The Chinese seem to cope OK, so do the Russians.
I recon if we do exit (I hope we do) we will have some kind of agreement like the Swiss and Norway.

LUCKY
11-05-2015, 22:46
It's all Greek to me , well it could be in a few days time , BRexit lets wait and see what happens on possibly the GRexit :flatcap:

Hepa
16-05-2015, 21:54
Thought about this scenario some years ago, almost two years ago we applied for Spanish nationality and are still awaiting the outcome of our application.

LUCKY
16-05-2015, 22:14
Thought about this scenario some years ago, almost two years ago we applied for Spanish nationality and are still awaiting the outcome of our application.

the Cornish use the word "DRECKLY" which has no direct translation but is close to Manana... it just lacks that Spanish sense of urgency... :flatcap: