PDA

View Full Version : Car keys lost in Callao Salvaje. Can anyone help?

Callaoanne
11-05-2015, 18:55
[S

IZE=5][/SIZE]

Hi Folks, can you help? Last Monday I lost my car keys and house keys in between Casa Marias and the pharmacy in Callao Salvaje. I retraced my steps and enquired in local shops but nothing handed in. Fortunately I had a spare car key in my purse so could get into my car. There was no means of identification on the bunch of keys a set of five altogether.
So now I am looking to replace the car key which is a Hyundai Getz.Will I have to go to a Hyundai Getz garage to do this?The guy in Hyper Trebol locksmith made one which will operate the door but does not turn the engine on!!!!I bought the car long time ago in Guaza and can't remember the name of the saleroom. Any advice would be welcome as I might be daft enough to lose my last one.First time though I lost them altogether !Cheers Anne.

essexeddie
11-05-2015, 21:50
Bit late now but I always have a small printed label with the keys that offers a 25€ (in UK £25) reward with a mobile number if the keys are found. Got to be well worth it.
Best get a spare as if that's lost its all the locks will have to be changed.

Suzanne
12-05-2015, 18:56
someone put on face book site that a set of keys had been found. cant tell you which site it was, but i am sure if you ask on the wanted site you may find a reply. you might be lucky and find they are yours. good luck.

Tony the Welder
13-05-2015, 07:35
[S

IZE=5][/SIZE]

Hi Folks, can you help? Last Monday I lost my car keys and house keys in between Casa Marias and the pharmacy in Callao Salvaje. I retraced my steps and enquired in local shops but nothing handed in. Fortunately I had a spare car key in my purse so could get into my car. There was no means of identification on the bunch of keys a set of five altogether.
So now I am looking to replace the car key which is a Hyundai Getz.Will I have to go to a Hyundai Getz garage to do this?The guy in Hyper Trebol locksmith made one which will operate the door but does not turn the engine on!!!!I bought the car long time ago in Guaza and can't remember the name of the saleroom. Any advice would be welcome as I might be daft enough to lose my last one.First time though I lost them altogether !Cheers Anne.
most car keys have a chip inside that will need activating to turn the engine on , the spare key you have will have this information stored in it chip . the guy at hyper trebol should have done this for you if he can not do this then the key shop at the top of valle san lorenso can

Callaoanne
13-05-2015, 19:11
Hi Folks, just want to let you know that a very very kind visitor to Callao Salvaje, found my keys by the ATM Banca March and very tenaciously tracked me down and returned them personally.The most amazing thing was that he came from the same town I did in the UK and LIVED two streets away!!!!A huge thank you to Mr Bill Wilkinson from Clayton le moors, we had a marvellous time reminiscing as he knew lots of the same people we did so everything ended very well.Tips given by members will be well digested Thanks.!!!Anne.

imablue
13-05-2015, 19:16
Brilliant.. well done Bill ...:cheer: a happy ending:heyhey::heyhey:

essexeddie
13-05-2015, 19:23
Well done, well fancy that same town. Now get that label on that key ring in case you lose them again, you may not be so lucky next time.

melm
13-05-2015, 19:30
Hi Folks, just want to let you know that a very very kind visitor to Callao Salvaje, found my keys by the ATM Banca March and very tenaciously tracked me down and returned them personally.The most amazing thing was that he came from the same town I did in the UK and LIVED two streets away!!!!A huge thank you to Mr Bill Wilkinson from Clayton le moors, we had a marvellous time reminiscing as he knew lots of the same people we did so everything ended very well.Tips given by members will be well digested Thanks.!!!Anne.

Very kind gent. Can I ask how he managed to track you down when you had no identification on the keys? Just wondering