PDA

View Full Version : Other Norwegian Air information and discussion thread

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 06:44
I thought we could start a thread for above as they start direct flights from Edinburgh in October. Anyone have any experiences with them good or bad ?
I am booking today for end of October start of November flight times not great for us out 3.30pm back 10.00am but they are around £140 cheaper that Ryanair 2 seats £204 plus 1 20kg case £40 plus booking seats £36.

macdonald5
16-05-2015, 08:12
I thought we could start a thread for above as they start direct flights from Edinburgh in October. Anyone have any experiences with them good or bad ?
I am booking today for end of October start of November flight times not great for us out 3.30pm back 10.00am but they are around £140 cheaper that Ryanair 2 seats £204 plus 1 20kg case £40 plus booking seats £36.

Sounds blooming steal AJ !!! October flights with Jet2 from Glasgow over £900 - nearly bank loan needed !!
Have spoken with folk who've used hem from Southern airports nod they quite satisfied with Norwgian fliights

Skeggy
16-05-2015, 08:39
Sounds blooming steal AJ !!! October flights with Jet2 from Glasgow over £900 - nearly bank loan needed !!
Have spoken with folk who've used hem from Southern airports nod they quite satisfied with Norwgian fliights

My daughter flew to Lanzarote from Gatwick with them and couldn't speak highly enough of them, very satisfied.

Hey Jude
16-05-2015, 08:46
I have used them 8 times from/to Hamburg and to start with very cheap, now the price is creeping up and also the price of the reserved seat and suitcase is now higher.

The arrival time in TFS at 11 pm not so good for families but have seen that in Nov. it is now landing 8.30 pm so not too bad.

I have booked in June with Condor which is cheaper so you have to check all the time but everbody does that anyway.

Can´t complain about the crew and service and the wifi is a little bonus with Norwegian.

I also have to pay for payment thro credit card and cannot use debit card but maybe different in UK.

Angusjim
16-05-2015, 08:52
Thats me booked up out 29th Oct back 5th November ( for all you that like to know my holiday dates:laugh:) even allows you to print off your travel documents there and back now.:)

Angusjim
29-08-2015, 08:44
Just checked my flight prices for 29th October we paid £286.50 16th May total price with baggage / seats etc etc, today would cost £479.50 looks like booking early with them saves you money.:)

29-08-2015, 10:16
So you've made a decision Angusjim ., if our experience with them is anything to go by then you will not be disappointed. We've used them 3 times to fly from here to Gatwick. Competitive pricing, comfortable seats, free WiFi on board, modern fleet, efficient staff, and convenient flight times.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

So you've made a decision Angusjim ., if our experience with them is anything to go by then you will not be disappointed. We've used them 3 times to fly from here to Gatwick. Competitive pricing, comfortable seats, free WiFi on board, modern fleet, efficient staff, and convenient flight times.

glassman
29-08-2015, 19:06
Yes they are very good been about 4 times from Gatwick but long way from Stoke
Now they are flying from Birmingham from November book early for good prices
I have saved £300 at Christmas
Better than Ryanair

Angusjim
30-08-2015, 07:40
I have used them 8 times from/to Hamburg and to start with very cheap, now the price is creeping up and also the price of the reserved seat and suitcase is now higher.

The arrival time in TFS at 11 pm not so good for families but have seen that in Nov. it is now landing 8.30 pm so not too bad.

I have booked in June with Condor which is cheaper so you have to check all the time but everbody does that anyway.

Can´t complain about the crew and service and the wifi is a little bonus with Norwegian.

I also have to pay for payment thro credit card and cannot use debit card but maybe different in UK.

So how much do you pay for the use of the Wi Fi and what can you access,bear with me I have not a clue about computers and such like:o

Leam_Lin
30-08-2015, 09:08
Any idea when the flights for April onwards will be out?

Angusjim
30-08-2015, 09:11
Any idea when the flights for April onwards will be out?

Not yet but I will be checking on regular basis as I will be looking to book if their price is right

Angusjim
10-09-2015, 12:25
You can now book flights from Edinburgh till August 2016:tiphat: Leam_Lin

marbro8 also available from Birmingham

glassman
10-09-2015, 13:58
Birmingham also until August 2016

Angusjim
10-09-2015, 14:06
Birmingham also until August 2016

I said that :laugh::laugh:

fixer
10-09-2015, 14:28
Don't like Edinburgh flight times out later back early better other way around but prices good.

Leam_Lin
10-09-2015, 14:45
Agree, flight times from birmingham are not so good, arrive very late evening & only flying on fridays.

Ecky Thump
10-09-2015, 14:57
Don't like Edinburgh flight times out later back early better other way around but prices good.

Agree, flight times from birmingham are not so good, arrive very late evening & only flying on fridays.

No good at all for those of us who live in "Gods Country!" Neither the airport or the times.....it looks like Ryanair again!!:D

Leam_Lin
10-09-2015, 15:13
We flew with ryanair in June & september, going back to birmingham with ryanair in october, no problems as yet, fingers crossed:spin:

marbro8
10-09-2015, 17:28
You can now book flights from Edinburgh till August 2016:tiphat: Leam_Lin

marbro8 also available from Birminghamwe have booked our flights for may next year with monarch. i know i moan about them. but we fly out about 06.00 in morning and back at 11.20 2 weeks later. booked seats extra leg room 20kg luggage. £420. can't fault the price and flight times:spin:

UKj
10-09-2015, 18:23
So how much do you pay for the use of the Wi Fi and what can you access,bear with me I have not a clue about computers and such like:o

The WiFi is free with Norwegian, although not all the aircraft in the fleet have it. I've used it to access email and Facebook and it's not bad at all. They also offer some streaming media services for movies and TV.

delderek
10-09-2015, 20:26
Strange isn't it, where the old traditional carriers threaten to execute you if you leave your phone on 10 seconds after they tell you to shut it off, or after landing don't dare to put it on till the doors are open, in case the plane crashes. Newer operators actually give you wifi:whistle:

Ecky Thump
10-09-2015, 20:28
we have booked our flights for may next year with monarch. i know i moan about them. but we fly out about 06.00 in morning and back at 11.20 2 weeks later. Booked seats, Extra legroom!!20kg luggage. £420. can't fault the price and flight times:spin:

:crylaughing::crylaughing: Mark is 5'2" tall and he's booked extra legroom! :crylaughing::crylaughing:

TOTO 99
10-09-2015, 20:57
:crylaughing::crylaughing: Mark is 5'2" tall and he's booked extra legroom! :crylaughing::crylaughing:

Lol...in that case I'm 14" longer than him...:laugh:

So at 6'4" I have a reasonable excuse for booking extra legroom. This morning I booked next June with Easyjet. Total £340 return from Manchester including front row seats and suitcases...........:jumping:

Ecky Thump
10-09-2015, 22:33
Lol...in that case I'm 14" longer than him...:laugh:

So at 6'4" I have a reasonable excuse for booking extra legroom. This morning I booked next June with Easyjet. Total £340 return from Manchester including front row seats and suitcases...........:jumping:

I'm not sure in your case, if you chose the front seats for the extra leg room, or to be the first to be served a drink! :devil2:

UKj
10-09-2015, 23:24
Strange isn't it, where the old traditional carriers threaten to execute you if you leave your phone on 10 seconds after they tell you to shut it off, or after landing don't dare to put it on till the doors are open, in case the plane crashes. Newer operators actually give you wifi:whistle:

To be fair they do still ask for the devices to be in flight mode and turned off during take off and landing.

Angusjim
11-09-2015, 07:11

It will be a sad day on flights when the numb nuts that cannot go for 5mins without their phone are allowed to use them onboard:(

Yea I agree times not great but I can accept a little discomfort I notice Easy Jet ain't great either out at 3.15 afternoon back at 1.20 in the morning, I much prefer out first thing return flight at lunchtime.

delderek
11-09-2015, 19:27
It will be a sad day on flights when the numb nuts that cannot go for 5mins without their phone are allowed to use them onboard:(

Yea I agree times not great but I can accept a little discomfort I notice Easy Jet ain't great either out at 3.15 afternoon back at 1.20 in the morning, I much prefer out first thing return flight at lunchtime.

Do I sense a bit of a generation gap here, being able to stream films, music etc, rather than having zilch on these cattle class flights, is a step in the right direction.

Angusjim
11-09-2015, 19:47
Do I sense a bit of a generation gap here, being able to stream films, music etc, rather than having zilch on these cattle class flights, is a step in the right direction.

Norwegian is cattle class you young whipper snapper :old::spaceship:

bennoa1
11-09-2015, 21:56

They were Monday and Friday up to the end of March but Friday only isn't enough for me to use them. Flights times are pants too. Monarch have cut back and are getting expensive so doing more Ryanair nowadays. Even going East Mids in October as more options on days compared to Brum. Going early afternoon coming back late (land about midnight but maximises our time there). Going from Brum in December on the Saturday early flight (Ryanair) so be in Medano before midday (swap nto shorts an flip flops at the airport). Don't like Ryanair but its 4 hours so bear it.

Leam_Lin
11-09-2015, 22:05
We flew from birmingham with ryanair in june & again september, fingers crossed we will have no problems returning with ryanair.

marbro8
11-09-2015, 22:47
:crylaughing::crylaughing: Mark is 5'2" tall and he's booked extra legroom! :crylaughing::crylaughing:because i can afford it:laugh: and the look on 6ft 4" passengers to stingy to pay it is priceless:laugh:

Ecky Thump
11-09-2015, 22:52
We flew from birmingham with ryanair in june & again september, fingers crossed we will have no problems returning with ryanair.

I first started flying with Ryanair in 1997 from Prestwick to Paris and have used them regularly (two or three times a year) without encountering any problems, the only time that I have flown with other companies (apart from internal flights) was when my Daughter in Law worked for Globespan, who sadly ceased trading....oh and one horrendous Tenerife flight with the short lived Air Scotland.

because i can afford it:laugh: and the look on 6ft 4" passengers to stingy to pay it is priceless:laugh:

For those of you who have never met Marbro, this character came about after a television script writer observed him at Birmingham airport!:laugh:

Video for i am considerably richer than yow
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNa-KLhUfU4
30 Jun 2014 - Uploaded by MARK Brooks

marbro8
11-09-2015, 23:02
I first started flying with Ryanair in 1997 from Prestwick to Paris and have used them regularly (two or three times a year) without encountering any problems, the only time that I have flown with other companies (apart from internal flights) was when my Daughter in Law worked for Globespan, who sadly ceased trading....oh and one horrendous Tenerife flight with the short lived Air Scotland.

For those of you who have never met Marbro, this character came about after a television script writer observed him at Birmingham airport!:laugh:

Video for i am considerably richer than yow
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNa-KLhUfU4
30 Jun 2014 - Uploaded by MARK Brooks:laugh::laugh::laugh:.............

LindaD
13-09-2015, 13:44
Going to book with Norwegian Airlines from Edinburgh for May 2016 as they're coming in about £104 each but of course that's without baggage etc. etc. I have been on their website to try and book but couldn't really make sense of the baggage prices. It's not got a section from Edinburgh to Tenerife so not sure how much 1 suitcase will be there and back! Also it includes hand luggage in the price of the flight but can't seem to find any info on sizes, weight etc.
Can anyone who has booked with them fill me in on the best way to going about booking with this airline, and what costs they incurred, I.e. Booking fee? Etc. What's their policy on printing off boarding passes? I know you have booked with them Angusjim from Edinburgh to Tenerife as I read this at the beginning of this post, so can you let me know how you got on and if you booked directly with them or through another agency. Ta very muckle!

Ecky Thump
13-09-2015, 14:50
Going to book with Norwegian Airlines from Edinburgh for May 2016 as they're coming in about £104 each but of course that's without baggage etc. etc. I have been on their website to try and book but couldn't really make sense of the baggage prices. It's not got a section from Edinburgh to Tenerife so not sure how much 1 suitcase will be there and back! Also it includes hand luggage in the price of the flight but can't seem to find any info on sizes, weight etc.
Can anyone who has booked with them fill me in on the best way to going about booking with this airline, and what costs they incurred, I.e. Booking fee? Etc. What's their policy on printing off boarding passes? I know you have booked with them Angusjim from Edinburgh to Tenerife as I read this at the beginning of this post, so can you let me know how you got on and if you booked directly with them or through another agency. Ta very muckle!

Once you have selected your flight, press continue and under each passenger name, select how many cases for outward leg of journey and progress from there.
You can reach the end of the booking process, then see your final costing, at that point you can add your details.....
I think:laugh:

And then you can finally tell every one on the forum that you will be staying at the apartment next door to me!!! :hi:

Linda, I've tried phoning you, but typical female, you've got it turned off. :D

Angusjim
13-09-2015, 14:54

Richt lassie see below and for hand luggage etc look at this link https://www.norwegian.com/uk/customer-services/travel-information/baggage-/hand-luggage/

Seat Reservations for us both were 4 x £9.00
Hold Luggage 1 20kg case 2 x £20.00
credit Card Charge £5.70

We booked direct with Norwegian Air its cheaper, you can print off boarding cards for the whole journey right away, they also have a live chat link if you need it. I found it to be simple so it must be easy. Any other queries give me a shout:tiphat:

LindaD
13-09-2015, 23:14
Once you have selected your flight, press continue and under each passenger name, select how many cases for outward leg of journey and progress from there.
You can reach the end of the booking process, then see your final costing, at that point you can add your details.....
I think:laugh:

And then you can finally tell every one on the forum that you will be staying at the apartment next door to me!!! :hi:

Linda, I've tried phoning you, but typical female, you've got it turned off. :D

We'll be getting well spoke on here Ecky now that we'Re next door neighbours for a few weeks!!! :whistle:
My phone was on but sometimes the reception is a bit iffy in my neck of the woods - thanks for that though!!:sorry:
Now more importantly I got my flights sorted for May. £289 all in for flights including one bag at 20kg, 2 hand luggage at 10kg each and also we got the protection cover just in case we need to cancel for some reason which cost just £9 each. We didn't bother about seat reservation but can change that if we wish. So that's it done - phew!!!!!!

Richt lassie see below and for hand luggage etc look at this link https://www.norwegian.com/uk/customer-services/travel-information/baggage-/hand-luggage/

Seat Reservations for us both were 4 x £9.00
Hold Luggage 1 20kg case 2 x £20.00
credit Card Charge £5.70

We booked direct with Norwegian Air its cheaper, you can print off boarding cards for the whole journey right away, they also have a live chat link if you need it. I found it to be simple so it must be easy. Any other queries give me a shout:tiphat:

Thanks AJ for that, much appreciated. I did go on to Skyscanners and Jetcost? to compare prices from Opodo, Bravofly etc but just done what you suggested and booked through Norwegian Airlines and, as you can see from my reply to Ecky, we've done very well!!!! It was great to be able to print off the boarding passes now, so just lets hope we don't lose
them.:pray: Let us all know what you think of the airline when you get back. Guid job you n Ecky are here to keep mi richt:thanx:

Ecky Thump
13-09-2015, 23:32
We'll be getting well spoke on here Ecky now that we'Re next door neighbours for a few weeks!!! :whistle:
My phone was on but sometimes the reception is a bit iffy in my neck of the woods - thanks for that though!!:sorry:
Now more importantly I got my flights sorted for May. £289 all in for flights including one bag at 20kg, 2 hand luggage at 10kg each and also we got the protection cover just in case we need to cancel for some reason which cost just £9 each. We didn't bother about seat reservation but can change that if we wish. So that's it done - phew!!!!!!

Thanks AJ for that, much appreciated. I did go on to Skyscanners and Jetcost? to compare prices from Opodo, Bravofly etc but just done what you suggested and booked through Norwegian Airlines and, as you can see from my reply to Ecky, we've done very well!!!! It was great to be able to print off the boarding passes now, so just lets hope we don't lose
them.:pray: Let us all know what you think of the airline when you get back. Guid job you n Ecky are here to keep mi richt:thanx:

As I'm there the week before you and will be your next door neighbor, I'll get the Cava and the beers in, maybe marbro8 will pop around to say hello, as I think he will be there at the same time....a forum meeting in the making!:laugh:

I'm not sure if Angusjim will be there staying at another of my cousins apartments.:whistle:

LindaD
13-09-2015, 23:40
As I'm there the week before you and will be your next door neighbor, I'll get the Cava and the beers in, maybe marbro8 will pop around to say hello, as I think he will be there at the same time....a forum meeting in the making!:laugh:

I'm not sure if Angusjim will be there staying at another of my cousins apartments.:whistle:

It'll be a right Scottish contingent Then Ecky, nae need to brush up on my Spanish.:wink:
Cava and beers all round then, it'll be nice to meet @Marbro as he seems to ken where all the good eateries are too!!!!!

Angusjim
14-09-2015, 06:53

We are going to London again next year in May so I will not be in Tenerife ( well that's the plans at the moment ):tiphat:

Glad you got it all sorted I will report my thoughts on Norwegian when I return

LindaD
14-09-2015, 16:11
We are going to London again next year in May so I will not be in Tenerife ( well that's the plans at the moment ):tiphat:

Glad you got it all sorted I will report my thoughts on Norwegian when I return

Whit yir no gaun to Tenerife in May, wis it sumthin a sade????:laugh:

Ecky Thump
14-09-2015, 16:16

He will travel to the other end of the earth if he thought it would save him digging into his sporran to buy anyone a wee dram.:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
14-09-2015, 16:21

What ??:D:whistle:

LindaD
14-09-2015, 16:54
What ??:D:whistle:

sorry MM - "What you're not going to Tenerife in May, was it something I said". But you're just teasing MM eh?:dontknow:

kingbaker
14-09-2015, 17:07
At last MM has her own interpreter. :D:D:D

Angusjim
14-09-2015, 18:52

Na dinnae fret quine I'm jist daein what am telt:laugh:

marbro8
14-09-2015, 18:58
Na dinnae fret quine I'm jist daein what am telt:laugh:do you always listen to your wife:laugh:

Angusjim
14-09-2015, 19:02
do you always listen to your wife:laugh:

this was a joint decision which we fully discussed then I was told what was happening:laugh:

LindaD
14-09-2015, 21:25
Na dinnae fret quine I'm jist daein what am telt:laugh:

Well that's wit yer there fur, to dae whit yer telt - it's a sair fecht Jim rolleyes2:

do you always listen to your wife:laugh:

Aye he does, he kens she's always right :laugh:

Ecky Thump
14-09-2015, 23:15
I
Well that's wit yer there fur, to dae whit yer telt - it's a sair fecht Jim rolleyes2:

Aye he does, he kens she's always right :laugh:

Carol's quite often wrong, but it's my inborn male fear of hospitals that stops me telling her.:fryingpan:

LindaD
15-09-2015, 00:07
I

Carol's quite often wrong, but it's my inborn male fear of hospitals that stops me telling her.:fryingpan:

Well I hope she disnae read this Ecky - I'll bring you grapes though:D

Angusjim
15-09-2015, 06:25
Get this thread back on topic enough is enough:twak::twak:

Have a wee look on here you may find a bargain from your local airport http://www.norwegian.com/50000seats/?utm_campaign=323113_2015-W38-1-FallCampaign-UK&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Recipients+-+UK-All_Recipients

bennoa1
15-09-2015, 13:52
Just released flights until mid August from B'ham but only on a Friday and rubbish times, so will carry on looking at Ryanair and Monarch. Just booked end of April for 10 days with Ryanair less than £100 return each (but don't need cases anymore).

macdonald5
15-09-2015, 13:55
Some great prices from Edinburgh, I'm just mad we've got a few ( expensive) flights already booked with Jet2

Angusjim
15-09-2015, 15:25
Just released flights until mid August from B'ham but only on a Friday and rubbish times, so will carry on looking at Ryanair and Monarch. Just booked end of April for 10 days with Ryanair less than £100 return each (but don't need cases anymore).

Agree flight times not great, but they fly Mondays and Fridays till March then just on Friday till August

marbro8
15-09-2015, 21:07
Agree flight times not great, but they fly Mondays and Fridays till March then just on Friday till Augusti did look on the link you posted. and compared the flights to the one's we booked with monarch next may. the flight times are not that great. 9.15pm going out as opposed to 06.00am. neither good times really. and flying back at 2.35 pm as opposed to 11.30 am. the only difference really is the fact we will be there at about 11.30 am with monarch. but will have had to have been up since 2.00am at home:(. the prices are about the same. but i will certainly keep a look out for next year with NA;)

Angusjim
16-09-2015, 06:56
i did look on the link you posted. and compared the flights to the one's we booked with monarch next may. the flight times are not that great. 9.15pm going out as opposed to 06.00am. neither good times really. and flying back at 2.35 pm as opposed to 11.30 am. the only difference really is the fact we will be there at about 11.30 am with monarch. but will have had to have been up since 2.00am at home:(. the prices are about the same. but i will certainly keep a look out for next year with NA;)

Yea times are not great Edinburgh or Birmingham hopefully these will improve, their times from London are good so we live in hope that they improve at least they are another budget option in Scotland which we have struggled with for the last few years

LindaD
02-11-2015, 15:09
I booked with Norwegian Airlines for May next year and got the paperwork printed off there and then, but I did notice there was no seat allocation on the boarding pass, however I didn't pay for a seat allocation at the time of booking. Do they allocate seats then when I arrive at the airport? Angusjim any clues with that on? The reason I ask is that I've just checked in for my coming holiday at the end of November with EasyJet and, again, I hadn't paid for seat allocation but noticed the boarding passes had given me the seat numbers for both outgoing and coming home which isn't until the end of December. I had been expecting to have to get the return flight boarding passes printed off while I was away but it's great that I've done it all this morning. Have the airlines changed their policy with respect to this?

Angusjim
02-11-2015, 19:15
I booked with Norwegian Airlines for May next year and got the paperwork printed off there and then, but I did notice there was no seat allocation on the boarding pass, however I didn't pay for a seat allocation at the time of booking. Do they allocate seats then when I arrive at the airport? Angusjim any clues with that on? The reason I ask is that I've just checked in for my coming holiday at the end of November with EasyJet and, again, I hadn't paid for seat allocation but noticed the boarding passes had given me the seat numbers for both outgoing and coming home which isn't until the end of December. I had been expecting to have to get the return flight boarding passes printed off while I was away but it's great that I've done it all this morning. Have the airlines changed their policy with respect to this?

Sorry don't know we paid the extra to book seats I was in row 26 she was in row 2:laugh:

LindaD
02-11-2015, 19:34
Sorry don't know we paid the extra to book seats I was in row 26 she was in row 2:laugh:
Thanks AJ. We bought the £9 insurance instead but really I Suppose our holiday insurance would've covered us anyway!!!
Never mind next May is a way off yet I'll find out before then. You and the Mrs enjoy the rest of your holiday before you come home to this miserable dreich wither!! Take it your at the same hotel though:whistle::laugh:

Hey Jude
02-11-2015, 19:43

You didn´t print you boarding passes. What you printed was the booking confirmation with your Reservation Nr.

You get your seats when you checkin at the airport, if you have not paid and reserved seats.

LindaD
02-11-2015, 22:07
You didn´t print you boarding passes. What you printed was the booking confirmation with your Reservation Nr.

You get your seats when you checkin at the airport, if you have not paid and reserved seats.

Thanks for that information, I'm assuming there is no more for me to,print off and take with me on the day then?
Just had a wee look at them at it says it's a Travel Document at the top then lists below the booking ref, flights no, time, baggage, etc.

Hey Jude
02-11-2015, 22:45
Dead easy. Show the printoff with your passport and checkin (even with just hand luggage) like we used to years ago. 2 hours before flight time.

Same at Tenerife Airport on your return.

I have used them about 8 times. I am flying Wed. from Hamburg. No problem.

Ecky Thump
02-11-2015, 22:50
Thanks for that information, I'm assuming there is no more for me to,print off and take with me on the day then?
Just had a wee look at them at it says it's a Travel Document at the top then lists below the booking ref, flights no, time, baggage, etc.

Typical Blonde, not knowing what you have booked or printed out....with your long legs, you should pay for the extra legroom, you'll need it.

If Angusjim or TOTO 99 reads this and sees that your a long legged blond, they will be following your every post.

:D6239

LindaD
02-11-2015, 23:07
Typical Blonde, not knowing what you have booked or printed out....with your long legs, you should pay for the extra legroom, you'll need it.

If Angusjim or TOTO 99 reads this and sees that your a long legged blond, they will be following your every post.

:D6239

Och a ken, what am a like!!!!! But you've got it spot on anyway Ecky wi that photo, am looking good for my age eh????

Dead easy. Show the printoff with your passport and checkin (even with just hand luggage) like we used to years ago. 2 hours before flight time.

Same at Tenerife Airport on your return.

I have used them about 8 times. I am flying Wed. from Hamburg. No problem.

That's great, thanks for replying, much appreciated. :thanx:

Angusjim
16-01-2016, 11:53
just booked flight 1 way to Tenerife from Edinburgh for 25th October 1 hold luggage, 2 seat reservations, credit card charges £155.10 total for both of us. Just have to wait to see now who and when we will come back with in November. Will have to tell the Mrs when I get home that I reversed our previous decision not to come to Tenerife again this year:laugh::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
16-01-2016, 12:37
just booked flight 1 way to Tenerife from Edinburgh for 25th October 1 hold luggage, 2 seat reservations, credit card charges £155.10 total for both of us. Just have to wait to see now who and when we will come back with in November. Will have to tell the Mrs when I get home that I reversed our previous decision not to come to Tenerife again this year:laugh::laugh:

EVERYONE....take note on your Sir Cliff calendars :cheeky:

Ecky Thump
16-01-2016, 13:06

Umbrellas will be available on sale from the Lookie Lookie men in Los Cristianos as from October 26th as we fly home on the 25th after a month of sunshine!! :D

Angusjim
16-01-2016, 13:08
Umbrellas will be available on sale from the Lookie Lookie men in Los Cristianos as from October 26th as we fly home on the 25th after a month of sunshine!! :D

Didnae work like that last year:whistle::whistle:

macdonald5
16-01-2016, 13:13

Thankfully we'll be back home by the time 'the rain man' arrives
And they say women change their minds ( nae Tenerife then back on plane !!) ?
I'm watching Norwegian Air prices closely .....most look great

Angusjim
16-01-2016, 13:18
Thankfully we'll be back home by the time 'the rain man' arrives
And they say women change their minds ( nae Tenerife then back on plane !!) ?
I'm watching Norwegian Air prices closely .....most look great

Come on bit oh credit no rain man last two visits:laugh: When I saw the price I thought with me being Scottish it would be rude not to take it :wink2:

Angusjim
25-02-2016, 07:51

Just booked my return flights but with Ryanair for the 2/11/16 total cost with all the trimmings £206.00 for us both, so all in all happy with overall cost for us both return flights, booked seats, 1 hold luggage £360.10. A long wait till our next holiday but needs must:(

macdonald5
25-02-2016, 09:32
Just booked my return flights but with Ryanair for the 2/11/16 total cost with all the trimmings £206.00 for us both, so all in all happy with overall cost for us both return flights, booked seats, 1 hold luggage £360.10. A long wait till our next holiday but needs must:(

Nae wonder you've got money AJ aka Bargain King !!
Good prices !!

bennoa1
25-02-2016, 10:05
Monarch flights are available until the end of April 2017 so its always good to check prices with them as a benchmark - they do some flights down to £49 each depending upon dates you may fall lucky. Bit more civilised than Ryanair, although my mom said Norwegian we're excellent and she is a snob.

macdonald5
25-02-2016, 10:38
Monarch flights are available until the end of April 2017 so its always good to check prices with them as a benchmark - they do some flights down to £49 each depending upon dates you may fall lucky. Bit more civilised than Ryanair, although my mom said Norwegian we're excellent and she is a snob.

Monarch don't fly out from Scottish airports so unless we willing to travel south not an option for us
Have heard only good reports re Norwegian Air so watching closely

bennoa1
25-02-2016, 10:44
Monarch don't fly out from Scottish airports so unless we willing to travel south not an option for us
Have heard only good reports re Norwegian Air so watching closely

Sorry, should have looked at who had posted and I would have made the connection. Always worth a look though to see how prices sit and how they are changing. You'll also be able to see when peak times are as the prices rocket, so at least you can try and avoid these dates if you can as the other airlines will likely be following suit. I've got 2 outbound flights booked (December and April 2017) but not yet booked return flights - real PITA that the budget airlines only release flight 6-8 months in advance so you have to keep checking their websites.

Angusjim
25-02-2016, 11:14
Nae wonder you've got money AJ aka Bargain King !!
Good prices !!

I think you mean "miserable auld git":laugh:

Ecky Thump
25-02-2016, 11:23

No she meant a "Tight auld git" ! :D

Angusjim
25-02-2016, 11:25
No she meant a "Tight auld git" ! :D

macdonald5
25-02-2016, 13:12

Oh naw ,I like a man careful with money, means more for the wifae to spend !!

LindaD
26-02-2016, 01:17

Well done Angusjim. Keep checking for their flights for December 2016 on Skyscanners but nothing as yet. Think it will about March before the prices are out. However if anyone knows different let me know!!!! And yir no a ticht git, jist a cannae Scot lookin efter the bawbees!!!!!!:agree:

melm
30-03-2016, 16:18
Well done Angusjim. Keep checking for their flights for December 2016 on Skyscanners but nothing as yet. Think it will about March before the prices are out. However if anyone knows different let me know!!!! And yir no a ticht git, jist a cannae Scot lookin efter the bawbees!!!!!!:agree:

Norwegian air winter flights now out !

Ecky Thump
30-03-2016, 16:33

Norwegian air winter flights now out !

I've just got my boarding passes for April 28th 2016 and have tickets booked for October 2016 with Ryanair, so now looking for flights for April 2017 !! .....nothing like forward planning. :D

macdonald5
30-03-2016, 17:57
I'm looking asap , we waiting on flexibility of apartment

Ecky Thump
30-03-2016, 19:08
I'm looking asap , we waiting on flexibility of apartment

What dates are you looking for?

macdonald5
30-03-2016, 22:38
Hi Ecky , we can have usual apartment 13th December till 10th January 2017 but would prefer 16th Dec till 21st Jan 2017
waiting to see if that flexibility possible with bookings after us
How calendar is we feel we'de be coming back too soon after New Year on 10th Jan

LindaD
31-03-2016, 00:15
I've just got my boarding passes for April 28th 2016 and have tickets booked for October 2016 with Ryanair, so now looking for flights for April 2017 !! .....nothing like forward planning. :D

Just booked Norwegian Air for December 2016 at £251 for two, Edinburgh to Tenerife. Flight times not great either going or coming back but can't be bad at that price. That includes 1 checked in bag at 20kg but no seats booked, etc.

willowlily
31-03-2016, 11:12
Norwegian airways also useful for cheap tickets to Barcelona/tenerife return flight cost me £ 69 also managed to get a very cheap priced ticket coming back from fort Lauderdale to London in November
£ 182 on the new Dreamliner fabulous plane.
Norwegian air now flies san fran, LAX and fort Lauderdale florida and are adding more routes in the future so its worth checking.

bennoa1
01-04-2016, 09:23

We've booked our outbound for April 2017, but inbound not available yet (after 30th April anyway). It falls well if you want to incorporate 3 bank holidays as easter Friday is the 14th of April, you then get the Monday too and May day bank holiday is the 1st of May so you could have 17 days away but only have 9 days off work. Had to book Monarch as they are the only flights released and were £139 each one way, but are £149 now and only 4 left at that price so people must be catching on.

macdonald5
01-04-2016, 17:55
Have just booked Norwegian Air Edinburgh / Tenerife December - Jan 2017 6 weeks £316 for 2 including 20kg each and chosen seats Can hardly believe ..Jet2 similar £743.....lots of cocktails !!

macdonald5
30-06-2016, 09:44
Have now booked May 2017 Norwegian Air Edinburgh/ Tenerife £325 total for 2 incl 20k luggage each and extra legroom seats Again about £400 cheaper than Jet2
Just hope when EasyJet and Ryanair released they aren't less !!

Leam_Lin
30-06-2016, 10:23
Be careful when booking your flights with Norweigan Airlines, I have just looked for Birmingham/Tenerife south return, the return on 5th October came up with Malaga to Birmingham, thought it was a mistake, it wasn't you actually fly to Malaga from Tenerife then to Birmingham.

amanda
30-06-2016, 10:23
We were supposed fly out onthe saturday 11th june at 11am 12 hr delay all our baggage was off loaded and a Edinburgh flight took off in our plane grrr they put us up in palm beach for the day what a dump collected by bus at 8/30pm landed at gatwick ay 4am sunday morning had to hang around for car hire to open at 6am still put claim in for compensation plus phone bill to them

macdonald5
30-06-2016, 11:07
Be careful when booking your flights with Norweigan Airlines, I have just looked for Birmingham/Tenerife south return, the return on 5th October came up with Malaga to Birmingham, thought it was a mistake, it wasn't you actually fly to Malaga from Tenerife then to Birmingham.

Yes have been watching that flights are direct only ....see some go via Oslo !! Not what we want
Hope no big delays but at bargain prices willing to take chance
My hairdresser has done Edinburgh/ Tenerife a few times now for about £40 single ,no luggage and been pleased with them

Chine
07-01-2017, 13:58
we flew from bhx in December with these guys, we had a 2 hour delay but once on board the free wifi helped for a calmer atmosphere as most children and over excited/drunk adults tended to sit down and play on there phones etc, we have booked with them again as they do a flight on a Friday tea-time from bhx which is great for us with work/school etc

macdonald5
07-01-2017, 14:31
We flew out from Edinburgh to here on 15th December ,Great on time flight and efficent staff, only slight negative was time taken at check in as everyone with luggage seemed to be re- checked in even if done on line
Spoke to a few in queue who had flown out with them any times and all positive comments
We have next two flights booked and just waiting onDec/ Jan 17/18 release

LindaD
07-01-2017, 15:46
We flew out from Edinburgh to here on 15th December ,Great on time flight and effluent staff, only slight negative was time taken at check in as everyone with luggage seemed to be re- checked in even if done on line
Spoke to a few in queue who had flown out with them any times and all positive comments

We flew out with them just a couple of weeks before you MacyD and again no problems. Plane was only about half full though. Only negative was they announced no wifi and it was the same on the return although they did put down the wee screens for some entertainment. The times of the flights aren't great, arriving in Tenerife at 8 30 in the evening and leaving at 10 am to come home. We paid approx £250 for the two with 1 case at 20kg, and also 10kg cabin baggage each. We've booked with them in May again for roughly the same price. The planes are clean and tidy, well apart from some passengers who leave everything at their shirt tail, some people are a disgrace!!!!!

Addick
07-01-2017, 17:02
We flew out from Edinburgh to here on 15th December ,Great on time flight and effluent staff, only slight negative was time taken at check in as everyone with luggage seemed to be re- checked in even if done on line

We're flying with Norwegian for the first time in June (to Crete) as they were alot cheaper than EasyJet, but I'm concerned now that all their employees might be like this?!:lol:

macdonald5
07-01-2017, 17:10
We're flying with Norwegian for the first time in June (to Crete) as they were alot cheaper than EasyJet, but I'm concerned now that all their employees might be like this?!:lol:

Oops blame predictive text myself !!! Maybe I'm illegitimate?? 😄👿

Angusjim
08-01-2017, 08:15
last time we used them bit of a delay both at Edinburgh then at Tenerife and flight times at 3.15pm out do not suit us from Edinburgh but prices are good oh and the Mrs was nae happy they ran out of tea before they got to us:doh:

Ricman
08-01-2017, 12:36
Used this airline in summer to fly from TFS to Malaga & then onwards using another airline. The return flight into Malaga was very late & by the time we got to the Norwegian desk they had closed down the booking. However they did whatever was needed & got us onto the TFS flight. This was done with no fuss by the very friendly staff.

OK we may have been lucky, but it happened & I got the impression that this was a customer friendly outfit.

The flights were at a good price & were early.

Ecky Thump
08-01-2017, 21:03
I've just read that Norwegian Airlines have no plans to operate from Glasgow, as they see Edinburgh and Glasgow being 'The same area'.....???

macdonald5
09-01-2017, 01:30
I've just read that Norwegian Airlines have no plans to operate from Glasgow, as they see Edinburgh and Glasgow being 'The same area'.....???

Well there is only the M8 congestion between us !!
They are making their base in Edinburgh ....good news for us !!

martincrabb99
09-01-2017, 08:38
Well there is only the M8 congestion between us !!
They are making their base in Edinburgh ....good news for us !!

They operate from Birmingham and although there are some timing issues I think it is an excellent airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveCull
28-01-2017, 13:07
Can someone clarify please? I've booked for TFS/Malaga 19-26th May 17, hand luggage only, inc reserved seats for a total of 202,00€ (2 people).
Do I still need to check in at the desk 2 hours before the flight, or do I go straight through to security? I noticed that nowhere in the process
did I need passport details (unlike Ryanair).
Many thanks.

glassman
28-01-2017, 14:37
Can someone clarify please? I've booked for TFS/Malaga 19-26th May 17, hand luggage only, inc reserved seats for a total of 202,00€ (2 people).
Do I still need to check in at the desk 2 hours before the flight, or do I go straight through to security? I noticed that nowhere in the process
did I need passport details (unlike Ryanair).
Many thanks.

You can download your boarding pass 24 hours before your flight
Or go to check in desk if that's not possible
Pretty straightforward good airline

AndyG
28-01-2017, 14:49
Flying from TFS last year, there was no option apart from using the airport check in desk, despite only having hand luggage. Have just cancelled flights for May this year from TFS to BHX as they had a schedule change of several hours that didn't suit me. They said I will get a full refund and have booked better flights with a Monarch instead.

Ecky Thump
28-01-2017, 17:42
Flying from TFS last year, there was no option apart from using the airport check in desk, despite only having hand luggage. Have just cancelled flights for May this year from TFS to BHX as they had a schedule change of several hours that didn't suit me. They said I will get a full refund and have booked better flights with a Monarch instead.

We also had a change of times for our return journey from Tenerife during May 2017 with Ryanair, instead of a comfortable 11:30 am departure, it was changed to 6:20 am, so we cancelled the booking, received a full refund and rebooked with Ryanair for a day later.....great result, a saving of £120.....a evening out with a nice meal and drinks for Carol.:laugh:

macdonald5
01-03-2017, 10:36
Just had a look at NA web site this morning
December 2017 Edinburgh to Tenerife only shows Sunday flight via Oslo ??
Surely they can't be dropping from 3/4 flights a week to only once ?
Concentrating on their American routes perhaps
We very disappointed if so as flight was good at great price

Angusjim
02-03-2017, 09:54
Just had a look at NA web site this morning
December 2017 Edinburgh to Tenerife only shows Sunday flight via Oslo ??
Surely they can't be dropping from 3/4 flights a week to only once ?
Concentrating on their American routes perhaps
We very disappointed if so as flight was good at great price

Have not looked but last year we went with them to Tenerife but back Ryanair as you could only book flights up to end of October and it was a cheap flight so felt it my duty to book it, not sure exactly when the winter flights after October come out seem to remember it was March time ?? . Panic not Mrs Mac they will come out soon !!!!

macdonald5
02-03-2017, 10:09
Have not looked but last year we went with them to Tenerife but back Ryanair as you could only book flights up to end of October and it was a cheap flight so felt it my duty to book it, not sure exactly when the winter flights after October come out seem to remember it was March time ?? . Panic not Mrs Mac they will come out soon !!!!

Was April last year when we booked AJ so wee while yet but I got impatient and have booked Jet2 ( quell surprise!!)as we thought their prices acceptable .Ryanair was dearer and Easy Jet not released yet
Unusual for Norwegian to put only part schedule ,did message them but no reply
Enjoy your jollies !!

Angusjim
02-03-2017, 10:55
Was April last year when we booked AJ so wee while yet but I got impatient and have booked Jet2 ( quell surprise!!)as we thought their prices acceptable .Ryanair was dearer and Easy Jet not released yet
Unusual for Norwegian to put only part schedule ,did message them but no reply
Enjoy your jollies !!

You hae nae patience:lol:

macdonald5
02-03-2017, 11:53
You hae nae patience:lol:

Too right !! Aries ram !!

LindaD
02-03-2017, 13:14
Too right !! Aries ram !!

Hi AJ and MacyD just had a live chat with NA and they are saying that what's on offer - i.e. Flight to Tenerife from Edinburgh via Oslo might all they are offering. The schedule MIGHT change as they put out their routes approx 6 - 10 months in advance. I booked last March for December 2016, the flights had just been released but for both November and December 2017 they only have Sunday flights going to Rife via Oslo. I've just been waiting for them to come out so I can get my apartment booked - whit a scunner eh? Back to good old Ryanair rolleyes2:

macdonald5
02-03-2017, 14:46
Hi AJ and MacyD just had a live chat with NA and they are saying that what's on offer - i.e. Flight to Tenerife from Edinburgh via Oslo might all they are offering. The schedule MIGHT change as they put out their routes approx 6 - 10 months in advance. I booked last March for December 2016, the flights had just been released but for both November and December 2017 they only have Sunday flights going to Rife via Oslo. I've just been waiting for them to come out so I can get my apartment booked - whit a scunner eh? Back to good old Ryanair rolleyes2:

Hi Linda
Oh well we saved a lot with our three flights with a Norwegian (£1000 approx)
Starting to wonder if they might even cancel prebooked flights as uneconomical !! Hope not
Do you fly from Edinburgh or Prestwick with Ryanair ?
For December 2017 I found Jet2 from Edinburgh cheaper than Ryanair, didn't check from Prestwick as we've have to leave at daft o'clock or stay overnight
Also was rumoured that Thomas Cook might be stopping flights to Tenerife
And what will Brexit bring !!!!?
Cheers
Mac5

fixer
02-03-2017, 16:48
My flights with Jet 2 if i was daft enough to pay would be £600 for xmas new year Ryan air still not cheap at £400 .

macdonald5
02-03-2017, 17:52
My flights with Jet 2 if i was daft enough to pay would be £600 for xmas new year Ryan air still not cheap at £400 .

That would be from Prestwick I presume ?
I was surprised that Jet2 were cheaper than Ryanair from Edinburgh
Jet2 better times,22kg luggage and Sunday flight so slightly ahead on all counts for us

Last year we got Norwegian for £350 all in at that time Jet2 wanted £1400 eye watering !

fixer
02-03-2017, 17:58
That would be from Prestwick I presume ?
I was surprised that Jet2 were cheaper than Ryanair from Edinburgh
Jet2 better times,22kg luggage and Sunday flight so slightly ahead on all counts for us

Last year we got Norwegian for £350 all in at that time Jet2 wanted £1400 eye watering !

Yes Prestwick i just work across the runway

Check your itinerary (all times are local)

OUTBOUND - Sat, 23 Dec 2017

EDI

TFS

Direct

RETURN - Sat, 6 Jan 2018

TFS

EDI

Direct

Book your tickets

Economy class, 2 adults

Read before booking

Jet2 6358

£594 £1,188 totalSelect

Chine
02-03-2017, 20:29
we have flown twice with these recently and been delayed both times from bhx apparently the problem is at malaga before it goes to tfs its not a straight back and forth like monarch ryanair,the second flight we had an aborted landing at tfs, we have 1 more booking with them and if that is also delayed i think we will go back to the others

LindaD
02-03-2017, 23:23
Hi Linda
Oh well we saved a lot with our three flights with a Norwegian (£1000 approx)
Starting to wonder if they might even cancel prebooked flights as uneconomical !! Hope not
Do you fly from Edinburgh or Prestwick with Ryanair ?
For December 2017 I found Jet2 from Edinburgh cheaper than Ryanair, didn't check from Prestwick as we've have to leave at daft o'clock or stay overnight
Also was rumoured that Thomas Cook might be stopping flights to Tenerife
And what will Brexit bring !!!!?
Cheers
Mac5

Hi Mac5 - we fly from Edinburgh and we've always got our flights, with baggage, for between £250 - £280 for both of us which of course is brilliant from NA. I did check Jet2 for December and they were around £450 for both of us but haven't even checked Ryanair yet. We have previously flown with them but I don't really like them, however they're just a means to end eh??? Will keep checking NAs website but not holding out much hope, but gutted really as they're a really good airline, flown with them about 4 return journeys now and no complaints, oh well back to the drawing board!
We're flying with them in May and I'd booked that last year when the flights first came out. Here's hoping they don't cancel.

glassman
03-03-2017, 12:19
we have flown twice with these recently and been delayed both times from bhx apparently the problem is at malaga before it goes to tfs its not a straight back and forth like monarch ryanair,the second flight we had an aborted landing at tfs, we have 1 more booking with them and if that is also delayed i think we will go back to the others

We have also flown with them numerous times from Birmingham and as you say The previous flight to Malaga is the problem causing delays
It's a pity really as they are a good airline
I have two more flights with them and after that have booked vuelling so we'll see how they go
Ryanair have been expensive in comparison
But it's good we have a choice of flights

macdonald5
06-03-2017, 09:23
See Norwegian Air have announced cut backs of short haul flights from Gatwick ,concentrating long haul
Possibly explains huge reduction in Edinburgh flights
Was good while available

Angusjim
06-03-2017, 10:35
See Norwegian Air have announced cut backs of short haul flights from Gatwick ,concentrating long haul
Possibly explains huge reduction in Edinburgh flights
Was good while available

Hope not it good that Ryanair & Easy Jet have competition keeps them on their toes if nothing else

macdonald5
06-03-2017, 12:42
Hope not it good that Ryanair & Easy Jet have competition keeps them on their toes if nothing else

True, even Jet2 reduced some of their eye watering (e.g. £1400) flight prices
We have another twice booked with Norwegian Air
What we did notice was the flight back from Tenerife in January had loads of empty seats
Think their advertising for shorter flights was poor ,most people we know knew nothing about their availability

bennoa1
06-03-2017, 13:05
I went out with Norwegian from Birmingham late January and there must have only been 30 of us on the flight. I'd prebooked an extra legroom seat and 2 girls sat by me. As the 3 seats behind were empty I asked to move so had all 3 to myself with nobody opposite or behind so it was one of the best flights I'd had. Wife was already there so I was travelling alone. The 2 girls (well they were early 20's) were with about 7 others in front on a hen do and they'd have done my head in constantly talking. First time I've used them as the flight times aren't great (land at 22.30ish) and we normally like an early flight but i'd only got 2 days left of holiday so had Mon/Tue off so flying at 6.30 on a Friday worked well for me especially as SWMBO was picking me up on arrival and I was ready for a full day Saturday. Flights back to BHX are around lunchtime which again don't suit us as we like to come back later but the flight times seem to be changing for all airlines so you really need to pick your dates and carriers carefully to get the right price. We flew back Thomas Cook and it was the noisiest flight I've been on in about 10 years (or about 80 flights ago) - never again.

Angusjim
06-03-2017, 14:21
True, even Jet2 reduced some of their eye watering (e.g. £1400) flight prices
We have another twice booked with Norwegian Air
What we did notice was the flight back from Tenerife in January had loads of empty seats
Think their advertising for shorter flights was poor ,most people we know knew nothing about their availability

Have to say we did not like their flight times out 3.30pm back 10.00am we prefer out early doors and back leaving about lunchtime but that just our preference and both times we used them they were late and once they had nae tea, the Mrs was not impressed.:cry::laugh:

I went out with Norwegian from Birmingham late January and there must have only been 30 of us on the flight. I'd prebooked an extra legroom seat and 2 girls sat by me. As the 3 seats behind were empty I asked to move so had all 3 to myself with nobody opposite or behind so it was one of the best flights I'd had. Wife was already there so I was travelling alone. The 2 girls (well they were early 20's) were with about 7 others in front on a hen do and they'd have done my head in constantly talking. First time I've used them as the flight times aren't great (land at 22.30ish) and we normally like an early flight but i'd only got 2 days left of holiday so had Mon/Tue off so flying at 6.30 on a Friday worked well for me especially as SWMBO was picking me up on arrival and I was ready for a full day Saturday. Flights back to BHX are around lunchtime which again don't suit us as we like to come back later but the flight times seem to be changing for all airlines so you really need to pick your dates and carriers carefully to get the right price. We flew back Thomas Cook and it was the noisiest flight I've been on in about 10 years (or about 80 flights ago) - never again.

Thomas Cook flights are for the working classes and are to be avoided at all times;)

lynno52
06-03-2017, 14:26
[QUOTE=Angusjim;546637

Thomas Cook flights are for the working classes and are to be avoided at all times;)[/QUOTE]

Well now I know where I stand!:twak:

macdonald5
06-03-2017, 14:42
must admit we avoid Thomas Cook flights ,mainly for the cramped seating
Looking at Norwegian Air again, Birmingham, London Gatwick and Edinburgh schedule is severely cut
See a deal done with Ryanair to 'feed' the increased American flights by Norwegian
Interesting times ahead methinks !!?

LindaD
06-03-2017, 23:28
must admit we avoid Thomas Cook flights ,mainly for the cramped seating
Looking at Norwegian Air again, Birmingham, London Gatwick and Edinburgh schedule is severely cut
See a deal done with Ryanair to 'feed' the increased American flights by Norwegian
Interesting times ahead methinks !!?

I wondered what was going on as I have flown with Norwegian the last few times from Edinburgh with no problems. Flight times weren't good but they were cheap and I thought they were clean and comfy - well as comfy as these flights can be. I'm patiently waiting for their December 2017 flights to come out but was told from their "Live Chat" that their schedule for then might no be out for a few months yet. Meantime I think I will be looking elsewhere as there don't like leaving these things too late.

Angusjim
07-03-2017, 07:32
I wondered what was going on as I have flown with Norwegian the last few times from Edinburgh with no problems. Flight times weren't good but they were cheap and I thought they were clean and comfy - well as comfy as these flights can be. I'm patiently waiting for their December 2017 flights to come out but was told from their "Live Chat" that their schedule for then might no be out for a few months yet. Meantime I think I will be looking elsewhere as there don't like leaving these things too late.

Do you think you will ever get to use your voucher you have for a free Globespan flight:hello:

macdonald5
07-03-2017, 09:10
Well we had that too but think it's another 'pig in the poke ' !!!

Angusjim
07-03-2017, 10:13
LindaD hing oan for below maybe ? Easyjet flights & Fares from their website

"Coming up in April 2017
Travel between: 29 October 2017 –
4 February 2018
• Autumn 2017 and Winter 2017/2018
• Christmas 2017 and New Year 2018"

Ecky Thump
07-03-2017, 12:21
Do you think you will ever get to use your voucher you have for a free Globespan flight:hello:

I haven't got the 'Free Flight Voucher', but I do have the Daughter in Laws Globespan uniform and I'm sure that you would look good in it and might even attract some much needed attention towards you. :D

Angusjim
07-03-2017, 13:23
I haven't got the 'Free Flight Voucher', but I do have the Daughter in Laws Globespan uniform and I'm sure that you would look good in it and might even attract some much needed attention towards you. :D

New to the Forum ? why not introduce yourself and tell us about yourself and welcome to the Forum:raspberry2:

LindaD
07-03-2017, 22:12

Not anymore than I'll get to use that voucher for a return trip on the Titanic :whistle:

LindaD hing oan for below maybe ? Easyjet flights & Fares from their website

"Coming up in April 2017
Travel between: 29 October 2017 –
4 February 2018
• Autumn 2017 and Winter 2017/2018
• Christmas 2017 and New Year 2018"

Al hing aff fur a wee bit longer AJ - scunnered wi that NA tho!:mad:

Angusjim
08-03-2017, 07:32
Not anymore than I'll get to use that voucher for a return trip on the Titanic :whistle:

Al hing aff fur a wee bit longer AJ - scunnered wi that NA tho!:mad:

Pit the Globespan tickets on E Bay bound to get some nugget fae Lochgelly tae buy them:laugh:

glassman
26-05-2017, 19:27
When do the flights come out for November from Birmingham and Manchester
Is it usually in June
Thanks

fixer
26-05-2017, 21:49
Are they still going to fly from there no Edinburgh flights.

Ecky Thump
27-05-2017, 08:38
Are they still going to fly from there no Edinburgh flights.

It sounds like the 'Bubble has burst' with Norweigon Airlines in Scotland and it has proved a uneconomical market trial, if this is the case its a shame as it might have made other airline companies to review their pricing policies. :dontknow:

glassman
27-05-2017, 09:30
I hope they are
Like everyone says a good airline flight times are a bit late but suits us
I've checked and nothing from Gatwick yet either
So we'll have to wait and see
If not it's back to Ryanair who will no doubt put the prices up

Megaloo
28-05-2017, 10:02
I hope they are
Like everyone says a good airline flight times are a bit late but suits us
I've checked and nothing from Gatwick yet either
So we'll have to wait and see
If not it's back to Ryanair who will no doubt put the prices up

Just gone into site Norwegian this morning and able to book friend coming out in December for a month going back January from Gatwick

glassman
28-05-2017, 13:07
Just gone into site Norwegian this morning and able to book friend coming out in December for a month going back January from Gatwick

Let's hope Birmingham starts soon
It looks like they've finished flying from Manchester
I do think they are one of the better airlines
I'd booked three return flights with vueling and they cancelled most of them after a month
So refund and rethink

Wayne1980
01-11-2017, 09:40
Are Norwegian air stopping flights to the canaries from Gatwick after March 24th? With the colapse of Monarch this could represent a large reduction in capacity between London and Tenerife for summer 2018.

Biggles
04-11-2017, 19:31
Are Norwegian air stopping flights to the canaries from Gatwick after March 24th?

I have no knowledge whether Norwegian are stopping flying to Tenerife after the 24th March 2018, but I have read that Norwegian are cutting routes from LGW to southern Europe so they can use those slots at LGW for their longhaul expansion so it's possible that TFS is going to be chopped.

There may yet be hope as there seems to be something about the 24th March as that was the date that EasyJet flights were available up to until a few weeks ago when they released their next tranche of flights for sale so maybe Norwegian are just slow in releasing their next tranche of flights but it does seem likely that if a LGW-TFS route remains then it may well be on fewer days per week than currently.

Fingers crossed that Norwegian keep coming to TFS regularly otherwise with the loss of Monarch and Norwegian then prices will surely rise on the remaining carriers.

glassman
04-11-2017, 19:58
It's a shame they've stopped from Birmingham and Manchester I think they were a better option than ryanair and ore efficient as well as being competitive on price
Plus as you say prices may rise now