PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Is there parking at El Corte Inglés in Santa Cruz?

norte
18-05-2015, 09:45
hi all, thinking to visit el corte ingles santa cruz, do they have parking? thanks

Skeggy
18-05-2015, 09:52
Plenty of parking around the store and at the store......no problem.

norte
18-05-2015, 10:20
ok thanks. my experience in santa cruz that is a problem with parking:)

ribuck
18-05-2015, 11:04
Plenty of parking around the store and at the store......no problem.

Is there free parking? In my experience, there's plenty of parking everywhere in Santa Cruz if you are willing to pay.

18-05-2015, 11:49
The parking in the underground car park beneath El Corte Ingles is not free and is relatively expensive. However, in my experience, if you do make a meaningful purchase within the store and talk nicely to a member of staff, they will cancel any parking fee, providing, of course, that you haven't parked there all day!!

ribuck
18-05-2015, 12:02
I'm pretty sure parking is free at the big car park on the coastal road as you enter Santa Cruz, on the right after you pass the Palmetum but before you reach the Auditorio. Probably ten minutes walk from El Corte Ingles, so not suitable if you're buying heavy items.

Also, I know it's not what you asked, but El Corte Ingles is right next to the bus station.

Skeggy
18-05-2015, 15:52
Parking is plentiful on what appears to be waste ground, there are attendants looking for tips to look after your car I don't know if they are legal or not, we stay in Santa Cruz and when friends visit us from the south they always park on these and I do not think that they have paid yet.

essexeddie
18-05-2015, 15:58
Always a bit wary of this sort of thing, if you dont tip them what damage can you expect?
Its demanding money with menaces.

Skeggy
18-05-2015, 16:08
Always a bit wary of this sort of thing, if you dont tip them what damage can you expect?
Its demanding money with menaces.

A couple or three euros would then perhaps be a good investment compared to the cost of parking in the UK, there is also parking at the Meridiano Shopping Centre where Primark are, but not driving in SC I have never noticed the cost.

norte
19-05-2015, 14:36
been yesterday parked near mcdonalds by paid swimming pools, lots of space:) i was concerned because then i drive in santa cruz its quite difficult to park on the street, wasnt sure there el corte ingles is.. and these "parking attendants" i think they are showing u there to park i.e. free space, pretty silly as you can see it yourself, i saw lots of them in puerto big car park near the port:))