PDA

View Full Version : Race track gets the green light

Canarian Weekly
22-05-2015, 11:50
IT’S all systems go for Tenerife’s long-awaited motor-racing track. The Cabildo confirmed on Tuesday that it had awarded Italian company Ronda Ross the 30-million-euro contract to build the track and infrastructure in Atogo, Granadilla.
The building work, which will take 21 months, begins shortly. Onda Rossa has also been awarded the administrative and management contract for the next 35 years.
Cabildo President Carlos Alonso said the company had considerable experience in Italy, constructing roads, airports and car parks, and has worked on the Monza circuit.
The project is already under way, and the actual physical work begins in late June or early July.
The initial spend is 23.8m euros, of which 21.4m will go on the track and 2.4m on access points. Another 240,000 euros will be spent purchasing land just south of the track to aid access.
In addition, 4.2m will be spent on equipment and another million will go on miscellaneous matters such as a control room, security cameras, closed-circuit TV, a perimeter fence and sundry staffing.
The motor complex will occupy over 1.3m square metres. The main track is just over 4km in length, with a top speed for a Formula 1 test car of around 310kph.
Alonso said: “This award is very important to the Island for the generation of economic activity and job creation – and it adds to the tourism industry.”

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/race-track-gets-the-green-light/)

blondie
22-05-2015, 15:42
IT’S all systems go for Tenerife’s long-awaited motor-racing track. The Cabildo confirmed on Tuesday that it had awarded Italian company Ronda Ross the 30-million-euro contract to build the track and infrastructure in Atogo, Granadilla. The building work, which will take 21 months, begins shortly. Onda Rossa has also been awarded the administrative and management contract […]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/race-track-gets-the-green-light/)

How do you think the residents in the Granadilla are going to feel about this in their area ?

TOTO 99
22-05-2015, 15:50
How do you think the residents in the Granadilla are going to feel about this in their area ?

Most of them will have died of old age before it happens....:laugh:

I can see it now...giant hole in the ground....contractor goes busto and disappears with the money...etc etc etc.....

warbey
22-05-2015, 20:42

I can see it now...giant hole in the ground....contractor goes busto and disappears with the money...etc etc etc.....

are You using that Telescope up on Teide by any chace.?...........:laugh::laugh:

essexeddie
22-05-2015, 23:38

Yes and being Italian quite likely.

TOTO 99
23-05-2015, 07:00
Yes and being Italian quite likely.

Yes, they certainly have a track record........:lol:............see what I did there?....

tfs1
23-05-2015, 10:07
excuse my lack of knowledge but who will use it ? and how will it make money ?

essexeddie
23-05-2015, 11:27
excuse my lack of knowledge but who will use it ? and how will it make money ?

Selling tickets?

tfs1
23-05-2015, 18:15
Selling tickets?

We wait and see.

marbro8
23-05-2015, 18:33
excuse my lack of knowledge but who will use it ? and how will it make money ?If they are staging formula one racing there the profits run into billions over a few years:wink2:

tfs1
23-05-2015, 20:50
If they are staging formula one racing there the profits run into billions over a few years:wink2:

Indeed there is money is F1.

Just looked up the estimated cost of getting a circuit up and running (before paying approx. £270 million TO the F1 for the 10 year agreement to let them use your track).

Track build (using f1 standard technology) £48m
Pit Building & Paddok Club £34m
Special Electronics £20m
Earthwork & Infrastructure around the track tarmac £32m
Main Grandstand £18m
Medical Centre £3m
Media Centre £10m

Total £165 million outlay + £270m payment for the 10 year contract plus maintenance fees running into the multi millions.

Please note these are not my figures but taken from totalsportek website.

Valencia spent millions on a F1 road track around the city so didnt have the same initial outlay to set it up but couldn't continue to pay the increasing fees to F1 to allow it to be used.

Also viewing figures are down as are ticket sales - probably due to the cost of tickets.

Hope it works out as my hard earned taxes will be going towards paying for it.

essexeddie
23-05-2015, 21:21
Indeed there is money is F1.

Just looked up the estimated cost of getting a circuit up and running (before paying approx. £270 million TO the F1 for the 10 year agreement to let them use your track).

Track build (using f1 standard technology) £48m
Pit Building & Paddok Club £34m
Special Electronics £20m
Earthwork & Infrastructure around the track tarmac £32m
Main Grandstand £18m
Medical Centre £3m
Media Centre £10m

Total £165 million outlay + £270m payment for the 10 year contract plus maintenance fees running into the multi millions.

Please note these are not my figures but taken from totalsportek website.

Valencia spent millions on a F1 road track around the city so didnt have the same initial outlay to set it up but couldn't continue to pay the increasing fees to F1 to allow it to be used.

Also viewing figures are down as are ticket sales - probably due to the cost of tickets.

Hope it works out as my hard earned taxes will be going towards paying for it.

Now I know what you do in your spare time.:wow:

tfs1
23-05-2015, 22:28
Now I know what you do in your spare time.:wow:

The internet is a wonderful thing ! - it was looking up that or watching Eurovision