PDA

View Full Version : Totally brassed off!

Margaretta
03-06-2015, 16:17
OK, so I sent a simple polite query to any mods out there who may be able to answer.
Then it suddenly became complicated:I would receive a ticket number in my emails and would have to use that to receive a response.
OK, I know the system, I take the tickets in Mercadona in the fish and meat sections so I know about tickets and waiting.
The notification arrived: I have a ticket number.
The notification arrived in my junk mail that a response was ready but not to reply! Not even a 'thank you?'
A sort of text bar arrived showing my email address and the ticket number with the tiny yet ominous words above: Authentication needed! in red. I AM authentic;I've been with the Forum since about 2006!
There was nowhere to validate myself and no response when I pressed and pressed and pressed the status update.
I only wanted a response to a simple question! What a shenanigans!!
Fed up, cheesed off, brassed off....I may put my idea on a thread for allcomers to consider.

Malteser Monkey
03-06-2015, 16:48
Ohh dear what an ordeal - I pm them or is it admin - can't remember now

Try that if you still have a patience left if not throw it out there !:crazy:

Margaretta
03-06-2015, 17:14
Thanks MM. I've not been on the Forum much lately due to other things! No idea who the mods are nowadays....they're hiding from me.....:dontknow:

Malteser Monkey
03-06-2015, 17:19
Thanks MM. I've not been on the Forum much lately due to other things! No idea who the mods are nowadays....they're hiding from me.....:dontknow:

from us all I think ! Maybe we are free to wreak havoc !:crazy:
admin Moderator please come in !

LUCKY
03-06-2015, 19:25
admin Moderator please come in !

Knock knock, or is it Bump Bump :flatcap:

marbro8
03-06-2015, 20:05
admin Moderator please come in !lets face it, apart from the regulars and a couple of newbies this forum is nowhere near as popular as it was a few years ago:(

Malteser Monkey
03-06-2015, 20:41
lets face it, apart from the regulars and a couple of newbies this forum is nowhere near as popular as it was a few years ago:(

Woh there but it's still good eh? We're 'ere :respect:

They're out there trust me ....they're in contact via.................shhhhhhhhhhh...email:wave:

warbey
03-06-2015, 20:49

If nothing happens try KirstyJay, She seems to be the only survivor now Mike Slodgedad and Cairo have left Us..

MrsTT is very quiet too.....

candy2411
03-06-2015, 21:03
It's a shame this forum is not as popular as it was a few years ago......any facebook users will be aware the Facebook page I Love Tenerife is very vibrant and extremely popular, having nearly 6000 members since its launch only a few months ago. Sign of the changing times. Worth a look , some of the photos uploaded are amazing....

YOUNG GOLFER
03-06-2015, 21:13
It's a shame this forum is not as popular as it was a few years ago......any facebook users will be aware the Facebook page I Love Tenerife is very vibrant and extremely popular, having nearly 6000 members since its launch only a few months ago. Sign of the changing times. Worth a look , some of the photos uploaded are amazing....

That's my page and CIM lol

imablue
03-06-2015, 21:22

Well if thats the case ..i,m staying off it ......:whistle:

admin
03-06-2015, 21:57
OK, so I sent a simple polite query to any mods out there who may be able to answer.
Then it suddenly became complicated:I would receive a ticket number in my emails and would have to use that to receive a response.
OK, I know the system, I take the tickets in Mercadona in the fish and meat sections so I know about tickets and waiting.
The notification arrived: I have a ticket number.
The notification arrived in my junk mail that a response was ready but not to reply! Not even a 'thank you?'
A sort of text bar arrived showing my email address and the ticket number with the tiny yet ominous words above: Authentication needed! in red. I AM authentic;I've been with the Forum since about 2006!
There was nowhere to validate myself and no response when I pressed and pressed and pressed the status update.
I only wanted a response to a simple question! What a shenanigans!!
Fed up, cheesed off, brassed off....I may put my idea on a thread for allcomers to consider.

On the forum email there is a notification that you have tried to login with the wrong password five times and were locked out of your account. This is an automatic security measure and is not meant to upset you, rather to protect the forum and your account from hacking attempts. Maybe you keyed in your password wrong or left capslock on, however the protection is there for a reason and if you get one or two login attempts wrong, it's worth checking that everything's ok before trying again, as after 5 attempts you will be locked out and notification sent to us.

candy2411
03-06-2015, 22:10

Yep I did realise that, think I was in fact one of your first members ! Congratulations its a real success:respect:

Ecky Thump
03-06-2015, 22:25

Now 6032 members :D

Sal
03-06-2015, 22:41
I first joined the forum in 2005 (pre Facebook) and it was really entertaining. Lots of different threads and fun stuff too! Maybe it will get a new lease of life!

marbro8
03-06-2015, 22:47
I first joined the forum in 2005 (pre Facebook) and it was really entertaining. Lots of different threads and fun stuff too! Maybe it will get a new lease of life!hi sal:hi: great to hear off you again;)

Malteser Monkey
03-06-2015, 22:48
hi sal:hi: great to hear off you again;)

they're out there ....:respect:

Margaretta
03-06-2015, 22:48
Dear Admin,
Thank you for responding to this thread. I don't remember logging in as I don't usually have to....I get straight into the Forum. Do you mean about logging in for the ticket number? I have a ticket number, an answer is out there....in a cloud?...but i can't authenticate myself because there is nowhere to do so. I am I. I know I'm valid. Should I start over or forget the whole thing?
Frustrated, irritated, apparently not authenticated and thoroughly confusticated.

marbro8
03-06-2015, 22:55
they're out there ....:respect:yes they are, just watching and looking in now and again, but not posting very often:(, members have got fed up over the last couple of years but still take a peak at what other members are posing , i honestly think this forum is dying a slow death, and if nothing changes then i can see it folding:(

Tshirt
03-06-2015, 23:58
I've been a member of several forums over the last few years, most of them for ex army personnel, most of them are now dying a death in favour of their Facebook equivalent. The advantage of this type of forum is that you can choose which type of post you wish to read, whereas on Facebook you have to scroll through a load of crap first.

Skeggy
04-06-2015, 07:09
It is a shame that members consider that the forum is not as good, but when I joined there was thriving conversation everyday but some major contributors have died, some seem to be disenchanted with Tenerife and some have run out of money, broken relationships are another reason they are no longer around, some didn't like the answers. Mods have come and gone, but there are some good people who keep the thing alive, only one criticism from me is that some very interesting topics are hijacked by likeminded jokers. Kirsty Jay is to be admired for trying to keep us going. Don't leave Margaretta I enjoy reading what you have to say.

Medman
04-06-2015, 09:47
There may be less posters, but on a positive note there is less aggressive posting here these days. So perhaps it's good riddens to some of the deserters ?? People often have selective memories of "the good old days" ........... IMO ...... :D

TOTO 99
04-06-2015, 10:04
Strangely, I don't think it's any worse now to be honest. People come and go, and as Skeggy rightly says we even lose some through death unfortunately.
As long as we each get something out of it we'll keep posting. Having said that, we can't expect too much. There will always be something we don't like.

I don't think Skeggy's post above is unreasonable even though I'm one of the jokers. It's been said before on numerous occasions but having previously given it some thought I couldn't see any harm being done so I carried on.
On the flipside of that the post ends with Skeggy saying he enjoys the posts from Margaretta and so do I by the way. This tells me that at least it's not all bad if people enjoy posts from certain members even if there are some we're not so keen on.

I still enjoy the forum. I wouldn't post on it if I didn't......:respect:

Malteser Monkey
04-06-2015, 10:12

Yo tambien!

Medman
04-06-2015, 10:12
Strangely, I don't think it's any worse now to be honest. People come and go, and as Skeggy rightly says we even lose some through death unfortunately.
As long as we each get something out of it we'll keep posting. Having said that, we can't expect too much. There will always be something we don't like.

I don't think Skeggy's post above is unreasonable even though I'm one of the jokers. It's been said before on numerous occasions but having previously given it some thought I couldn't see any harm being done so I carried on.
On the flipside of that the post ends with Skeggy saying he enjoys the posts from Margaretta and so do I by the way. This tells me that at least it's not all bad if people enjoy posts from certain members even if there are some we're not so keen on.

Keep posting Toto 99 and you are allowed to give a full report on the real Toto's Manchester gig ......... *sits and waits* (still) .. :D

essexeddie
04-06-2015, 10:14
Don't forget its Tenerife. Nothing is too simple.

Ricman
04-06-2015, 16:55
One thing we seem to have lost in recent times is that gobby nest of vipers who claimed to be man united supporters. Perhaps they are all deceased like Ferguson who stated in public that Manchester City would never be champions " in my lifetime ".
Or maybe they only sing when they are winning.

essexeddie
04-06-2015, 18:29
Who cares about 22 blokes kicking a bag of wind about.

melm
04-06-2015, 18:46
This week on the Trip Advisor sight a poster was given a link to this forum to gain some information. An hour or so later this quote appeared by a well know contributor on trip advisor " "The link he gave you may help but it is a forum with few members these days and those that do use it to mainly play games" A fair quote ????????????????

Malteser Monkey
04-06-2015, 18:51
This week on the Trip Advisor sight a poster was given a link to this forum to gain some information. An hour or so later this quote appeared " The link he gave you may help but it is a forum with few members these days and those that do use it to mainly play games" A fair quote ????????????????

Ahh but did they get the help ?

and how long were they on for if it was all of 30 mins then they're not making a fair comment.

I've never played the games as far as I'm aware

melm
04-06-2015, 19:04

and how long were they on for if it was all of 30 mins then they're not making a fair comment.

I have worded this wrongly :whistle: It wasn't the person looking for information who made this quote, this was made by another who regularly gives information on Trip advisor. The poster did get a little info I'm happy to say. Have edited the above post. Personally I thought it was a bit cheeky.

Ecky Thump
04-06-2015, 19:21
Ahh but,

I've never played the games

It's unusual these days to find such a faithful woman, but you are still of the age to give it a try!

As you have TOTO 99 as your favourite, then maybe he will be able to help you.:devil:

Margaretta
04-06-2015, 21:16
Thank you Skeggy and Toto 99 and I like your posts too. I honestly didn't mean to open a can of worms when I opened this thread. I'm faithful to the Forum but was truly frustrated by the ticket system. I suppose as with all inquiries one would prefer to talk to a PERSON. But time and money, or lack of it, has changed the way the world communicates and we are not all adept technologically. Yes, there are times when other things take over and yes, I use Facebook a lot and administer a Tenerife art page there too but The Forum has created so many friendships and so much fun and help over the years. As someone has stated above, you do get to Forum subjects directly. It is very different to Facebook. Great News!! A Mod did read this thread, p.m.'d me and has responded positively to my plea, to add to a thread title. Today is a very good day! Thank you to all those who have been so kindly responsive.

Medman
04-06-2015, 22:07

I thought you were game for anything ........ ah well !