PDA

View Full Version : Other Barclay's Bank in Los Cristanos is no more...

henry
04-06-2015, 16:12
whats up guys ? today i walk around los cristanos walking around the disa i look up and there no more barclay bank across the road!! now its a la caixa bank. barclay use to be my bank a few months ago but i closed it. i ask the lady does people still have their account. she reply yes but it switich over to la caixa. wow!! good thing i closed my account few months ago. even the bakery was right next to the bakery has closed down. thought i get a donut but bakery has closed and stripped down. never knew it was there. so just want to pass that news to everyone!!!

Malteser Monkey
04-06-2015, 16:18
Thanks Henry - noted !

essexeddie
04-06-2015, 18:22
You'll be even more surprised to know that its closing on 7th July and moving to opposite the bus station.

Malteser Monkey
04-06-2015, 18:53
You'll be even more surprised to know that its closing on 7th July and moving to opposite the bus station.

What is Eds have I missed summit ?

essexeddie
04-06-2015, 23:27
Think you must have. Its about Barclay's bank in LC. What did you think it was about?

Malteser Monkey
05-06-2015, 13:02
Think you must have. Its about Barclay's bank in LC. What did you think it was about?

but Henry said it was already a La Caxia - so it's already closed - how can it close in July ?:D

ciderhunter
05-06-2015, 13:36
Barclays L.C. has now changed it's sign outside to 'la Caixa'. However, there are already two La Caixa branches in the Valdes Centre and the old Barclays branch business will just move over there.

Malteser Monkey
05-06-2015, 13:39
Barclays L.C. has now changed it's sign outside to 'la Caixa'. However, there are already two La Caixa branches in the Valdes Centre and the old Barclays branch business will just move over there.

Thank you !

essexeddie
05-06-2015, 15:26
Correct.
Also I have noticed that Caja Canarias Banks also have the Caixa Bank logo on their windows. Are they also being taken over?

tfs1
05-06-2015, 15:42
Correct.
Also I have noticed that Caja Canarias Banks also have the Caixa Bank logo on their windows. Are they also being taken over?

From what I can see they were taken over around 2012.

Maybe now from a marketing point of view and customer awareness Caja Canarias is being clearly connected to its group company Caixa Bank - this normally means that in a couple of years Caja Canarias as a name will go.

Look at Midland Bank when HSBC (god bless it, well as long as it keeps paying my pension!) 'merged'.

Or it could be that this is being done to give confidence to Cajas Canarias customers that they are owned by a very large bank.

essexeddie
05-06-2015, 16:10
The more branches the better. Had a bad experience earlier this week at the old Barclay's. So I will be glad to see the back of it.

tfs1
05-06-2015, 16:44
At our local Banco Popular branch in Spain, which has now closed down, if you went around 0930ish you normally found a note on the door that said 'back in 15 minutes' - the 2 staff would close the branch and go for their coffee / fag break ! It was of course a Spanish 15 minutes.

At least in our Santander branch in Los Cris by Dialprix they have 3 staff - normally.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The more branches the better. Had a bad experience earlier this week at the old Barclay's. So I will be glad to see the back of it.

is it printable what happened ?

henry
07-06-2015, 15:56
there allready one there