PDA

View Full Version : Other Spanish ATC strike planned for the 2nd week of June

doncarlos
06-06-2015, 16:20
Has anyone heard anything about which flights, leaving TCI, are likely to be affected on the 10th by this strike?

TOTO 99
06-06-2015, 18:17
Has anyone heard anything about which flights, leaving TCI, are likely to be affected on the 10th by this strike?

I haven't but I would guess all flights on the strike days plus the odd roll over into the next day caused by planes not being where they're supposed to be....:tiphat:

TOTO 99
07-06-2015, 07:26
Just as an update;

Checking a few websites the airlines don't seem to be too concerned.
Nothing at all on the Ryanair site.
Jet2 and Monarch both saying check in as normal and they expect to operate as normal...

Hopefully the worst that can happen is that flights due to take off and land within the 2 hour strike window will just be delayed for 2-3 hours. The rest should carry on as normal.
I'm sure there will be the odd knock-on problem with logistics but at least it's not an all day strike..

tfs1
07-06-2015, 08:16
Just as an update;

Checking a few websites the airlines don't seem to be too concerned.
Nothing at all on the Ryanair site.
Jet2 and Monarch both saying check in as normal and they expect to operate as normal...

Hopefully the worst that can happen is that flights due to take off and land within the 2 hour strike window will just be delayed for 2-3 hours. The rest should carry on as normal.
I'm sure there will be the odd knock-on problem with logistics but at least it's not an all day strike..

I too had a look earlier at the Ryanair site and was expecting the usual long list of cancellations, as you say nothing yet. I do expect there will be a list its just a matter of when it will be published.

Maybe they are waiting to see if there is a last minute resolution to this, however, this strike was planned for March but was postponed due to the Germanwings air crash so I would have expected any resolution to have been sorted by now.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Just taken this from the AirtriafficManagement website:

The planned industrial action by Spanish air traffic controllers could be far less disruptive than feared, according to Europe’s network manager which oversees air traffic flow across the region.

Eurocontrol, Europe’s Network Manager said it had assessed the likely level of disruption together with the Spanish air navigation service provider ENAIRE and airlines on Friday afternoon.

“Minimum service and sector configurations will be very close to the standard staffing levels and for [Barcelona and Madrid towers] normal operations are expected.

It added that tango routes – which are are longer routes over the Atlantic Ocean – should not be affected.

“No pretactical regulations will be applied and after the strike normal operationss are expected and according to the Spanish authorities minimum impact is anticipated,” said Eurocontrol which added that no flight cancellations have been requested by airlines with Spanish operations.

On the face of it seems that all should be well - we wait and see !

TOTO 99
07-06-2015, 08:22
I too had a look earlier at the Ryanair site and was expecting the usual long list of cancellations, as you say nothing yet. I do expect there will be a list its just a matter of when it will be published.

Maybe they are waiting to see if there is a last minute resolution to this, however, this strike was planned for March but was postponed due to the Germanwings air crash so I would have expected any resolution to have been sorted by now.

The problem with Ryanair is that they are the world's worst for blanket cacellation the first chance they get....So I'm guessing they're holding on for that perhaps?

tfs1
07-06-2015, 08:24
The problem with Ryanair is that they are the world's worst for blanket cacellation the first chance they get....So I'm guessing they're holding on for that perhaps?

Exactly my thought - they do like to make a crisis out of a crisis.