PDA

View Full Version : Other Passport Service

melm
07-06-2015, 19:28
On Monday we posted our application to the Glasgow office for new passports. On Friday our new ones were delivered to our home by courier. Saturday morning we received the old ones by post from a department in Liverpool.

Thats what I call good service (if a bit strange).

lynno52
07-06-2015, 19:32
On Monday we posted our application to the Glasgow office for new passports On Friday our new ones were delivered to our home by courier. Saturday morning we received the old ones by post from a department in Liverpool.

Wow! you're not kidding, fantastic service indeed!

Are there not many people wanting to go out of Scotland? :lol:

melm
07-06-2015, 19:49
Wow! you're not kidding, fantastic service indeed!

Are there not many people wanting to go out of Scotland? :lol:

Got in before the rush I think.:laugh: The bit I found strange was our old ones being returned from Liverpool.:whistle:

Susief23
07-06-2015, 20:26
On Monday we posted our application to the Glasgow office for new passports. On Friday our new ones were delivered to our home by courier. Saturday morning we received the old ones by post from a department in Liverpool.

I did mine online a few weeks ago and it took only 7 days to get back. That's a great service and was only £72.50.

melm
07-06-2015, 20:53
I did mine online a few weeks ago and it took only 7 days to get back. That's a great service and was only £72.50.

They always get such a bad press. Its good to experience such good service.

Did you still have to post your photographs and old passports when you applied online?

Susief23
07-06-2015, 21:30
They always get such a bad press. Its good to experience such good service.

Did you still have to post your photographs and old passports when you applied online?

Yes I did the form online, signed it, attached the photos and enclosed old passport and posted them first class signed for.
You pay passport fee when you do the initial form.
I can't complain with the service. Excellent.
Courier came and hand delivered my new passport.

candy2411
08-06-2015, 15:42
Yep full marks to the Passport Office, got mine back within a week as well. Don't understand why they bother sending the old expired one back to you, I mean what use is it?

lynno52
08-06-2015, 15:43
Yep full marks to the Passport Office, got mine back within a week as well. Don't understand why they bother sending the old expired one back to you, I mean what use is it?

Well you could just have a laugh at your old photo?:lol:

candy2411
08-06-2015, 15:48
Well you could just have a laugh at your old photo?:lol:

Old photo was much better...I was 10 years younger:lol:

Susief23
08-06-2015, 17:36

My son uses it to take out for ID. Doesn't like taking out new one.

amanda
08-06-2015, 18:25
Got my back today from northern ireland, two weeks all
done on line excellent service

Susief23
08-06-2015, 18:32
Got my back today from northern ireland, two weeks all
done on line excellent service

Mine went to Belfast too. Excellent service.

imablue
19-12-2016, 16:13
Applied on line and paid by card on Mon. 5th Dec.
A friend going back the UK from Tenerife the next day Tue. took my old passport and new photos and posted them off to N.Ireland presumably that day or the Wed.7th.
New passport issue date is 15/12/2016.
DHL delivered to our address in Tijoco Bajo 2 hours ago..
Now that is what I call good service.
2 weeks from applying on line, so easy too.