PDA

View Full Version : Other Concerns about Tenerife Boat people

essexeddie
09-06-2015, 16:29
I have a solution to the worrying scenes on TV concerning the boat people and where to put them.
How about the Eastern European countries like Romania and Poland taking them. As most of their population have migrated to Germany and the UK. They must have a population vacume, and as their Prime Ministers are against any change in the EU rules on migration they are in no position to refuse them. They can't have it both ways. We should all pass the idea on to our MPs.

Angusjim
10-06-2015, 14:01
I have a solution to the worrying scenes on TV concerning the boat people and where to put them.
How about the Eastern European countries like Romania and Poland taking them. As most of their population have migrated to Germany and the UK. They must have a population vacume, and as their Prime Ministers are against any change in the EU rules on migration they are in no position to refuse them. They can't have it both ways. We should all pass the idea on to our MPs.

Or Ireland they are all in Scotland working in Aberdeen:wave:

tfs1
10-06-2015, 15:36
at the weekend the news reported theres another estimated 500,000 waiting to cross to Europe from Libya.

Medman
10-06-2015, 16:13
at the weekend the news reported theres another estimated 500,000 waiting to cross to Europe from Libya.

And it won't end there if it's not stopped at source. Of course these unfortunates are going to try and have a better life. Nobody can blame them for that. But I really don't think it should be our problem. This is one of the results of the billions that was sent in aid to these countries but it did not reach the people who needed it. Only lining the pockets of the already rich. The money was never spent on the right things. One of them being birth control. What person in their right mind brings kid into the World to die? As I said It should not be our problem. All these people offer will be making Europe even less safe than it already is. It's harsh but send them back! Just imagine if 50,000 homeless people turned up at the gates of Buckingham Palace wanting rescued. What would happen? It's the same as any of us saying, "hey I like your family's house better than mine" ..... can I come in ? .......... think bloody not !! But as usual the brain dead politicians will make the wrong short term decision and once again undermining OUR human rights to live in a peaceful country that our parents and grand parents fought for. Rant over ... it's a lovely day here. Maybe they've heard about the heatwave !! .. :sunshine::lolipop:

essexeddie
10-06-2015, 17:17
I think we have really serious problems ahead. Its not until the powers that be are affected will anything be done
But by then I fear it will be too late.

marbro8
10-06-2015, 18:45
I think we have really serious problems ahead. Its not until the powers that be are affected will anything be done
But by then I fear it will be too late.italy have stated that if the rest of europe don't take their quota, then they will issue every migrant with an eu passport so that they can travel anywhere in europe, and they said EVERYONE. and they said they wouldn't even bother screening them, so that could mean possibly issuing passports to terrorists:angry:, australia have the right idea i so admire them, i can't believe that hundreds of years ago the place was founded on criminals and now you have to be almost super human to get in:lol:

Sundowner
10-06-2015, 19:35
We should send them all to scotland! They would never vote for independence,.....they all want to be able to get to London! SNP sorted!!

marbro8
10-06-2015, 21:14
I think all of you have overlooked the fact that bombing the crap out of sovereign nations and interfering in their affairs by promoting proxy wars ultimately results in unforeseen circumstances such as what we have now. You'd have thought lessons would have been learnt after the calamity that was colonialism but greed and hunger for control is insatiable.
It's the poor people who get caught up and suffer because of the lack of foresight of external powers.

They now have to reap what was sown by their blindness.

I also find some of the comments made on this subject quite offensive and the culprits need to take off their blindfolds.i do agree with some of your comments about interfering in other country's affairs but think that you are being a bit harsh on the offensive comments statements, everyone is entitled to their opinion and i haven't seen any offensive comments, but maybe i am one of the one's that you are commenting on???:dontknow:

Medman
10-06-2015, 22:18
I think all of you have overlooked the fact that bombing the crap out of sovereign nations and interfering in their affairs by promoting proxy wars ultimately results in unforeseen circumstances such as what we have now. You'd have thought lessons would have been learnt after the calamity that was colonialism but greed and hunger for control is insatiable.
It's the poor people who get caught up and suffer because of the lack of foresight of external powers.

They now have to reap what was sown by their blindness.

I also find some of the comments made on this subject quite offensive and the culprits need to take off their blindfolds.

I think you will find it a damn sight more offensive if thousands of them land in your town and hide in the "hills" and come down to rob you.(or worse)

Medman
10-06-2015, 22:48
Typical elitist mindset.
You should be ashamed of yourself. What a poor excuse for a human being.

It's called self preservation. But if you feel so strongly why don't you offer to take them in ? Or at least offer a real solution as you obviously consider yourself to be an expert on World matters.

marbro8
10-06-2015, 22:54
Typical elitist mindset.
You should be ashamed of yourself. What a poor excuse for a human being.and you my friend sound like one of the lefty lunatics that have got britain into the trouble that we are in now, i can't wait until we get the vote to get out of europe and close our borders to freeloading thief's taking advantage of the money my parents and grandparent have paid into the system:nono:

Medman
10-06-2015, 22:57
You are both living proof that God has a sense of humour.

I assume that you don't think your post is offensive ?

marbro8
10-06-2015, 22:58
You are both living proof that God has a sense of humour.and you are living proof that he has made mistakes

Jabba43
11-06-2015, 11:37
I think we look at Africans a sub human species and do not really think of them as people with feelings. There is genuine conflict and people are being killed, my Jewish grandfather was on one of the last boats from Belgium before the Nazi's came. He was forever grateful for the UK taking him in. Stop reading the hate in the daily mail and look how many 100,000's of people have been killed in Syria and now they are moving into north Africa. People in general are not running so they can get a free council house and to shop at lidl.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

and you my friend sound like one of the lefty lunatics that have got britain into the trouble that we are in now, i can't wait until we get the vote to get out of europe and close our borders to freeloading thief's taking advantage of the money my parents and grandparent have paid into the system:nono:

You cannot see the irony of this with your racist ass living down in another country.

Medman
11-06-2015, 11:53
I would do the same in their situation, but I honestly don't believe that allowing this mass exodus to continue is the correct solution.

Re your grandfather; the key words are "forever grateful" and I'm pretty certain that he showed his gratitude and was a fine upstanding citizen singing the praises of UK. Unfortunately that is already not the case today, as we all know, and we really don't need more of the same.

I would never generalise and call any race sub-human; poorer, less educated yes.

I don't know the solution but I can imagine the consequences of this exodus.

marbro8
11-06-2015, 13:18
I think we look at Africans a sub human species and do not really think of them as people with feelings. There is genuine conflict and people are being killed, my Jewish grandfather was on one of the last boats from Belgium before the Nazi's came. He was forever grateful for the UK taking him in. Stop reading the hate in the daily mail and look how many 100,000's of people have been killed in Syria and now they are moving into north Africa. People in general are not running so they can get a free council house and to shop at lidl.

You cannot see the irony of this with your racist ass living down in another country.Me a racist ha ha what a joke, that's the trouble with your sort, anyone that tries to look out for the best interests of his country and you pull the racist card out, play another one

Angusjim
11-06-2015, 13:33
Me a racist ha ha what a joke, that's the trouble with your sort, anyone that tries to look out for the best interests of his country and you pull the racist card out, play another one

Don't know what would be worse being called a racist or a plumber :laugh:

Jabba43
11-06-2015, 13:46
Me a racist ha ha what a joke, that's the trouble with your sort, anyone that tries to look out for the best interests of his country and you pull the racist card out, play another one

"i can't wait until we get the vote to get out of europe and close our borders to freeloading thief's taking advantage of the money my parents and grandparent have paid into the system"

You do not see the irony here of you being immigrant yourself? You read the daily mail too much. OK throw out the useless ones but 99% of immigrants come for a better life and to work.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/european-immigrants-contribute-5bn-to-uk-economy-but-noneu-migrants-cost-118bn-9840170.html

There are a million poles in the UK but about 10k of them on benefits, that is 1% of Poles. The real thieves are the people picking your pocket every day, AKA the government.

marbro8
11-06-2015, 14:15
"i can't wait until we get the vote to get out of europe and close our borders to freeloading thief's taking advantage of the money my parents and grandparent have paid into the system"

You do not see the irony here of you being immigrant yourself? You read the daily mail too much. OK throw out the useless ones but 99% of immigrants come for a better life and to work.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/european-immigrants-contribute-5bn-to-uk-economy-but-noneu-migrants-cost-118bn-9840170.html

There are a million poles in the UK but about 10k of them on benefits, that is 1% of Poles. The real thieves are the people picking your pocket every day, AKA the government.I have no problem with Eastern Europeans coming over to earn money for a better way of life, they work hard and deserve it, what gets my goat is when I watch programmes on TV showing scrounging Romanians coming over to thieve and claim benefits, and you can't deny it is happening, and I worry for the future of my nieces and nephews with the lack of jobs, because a few weeks ago I was talking to someone working at a factory on £8 an hour, the boss came to him and asked if he would take a £2 an hour cut, he said no, and the boss told him he would have to let him go because he had got a polish guy that would

Don't know what would be worse being called a racist or a plumber :laugh:I have been called worse:lol:

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2015, 14:25
Don't know what would be worse being called a racist or a plumber :laugh:

A Scot:hide::D

only joking !

Medman
11-06-2015, 14:26
A Scot:hide::D

only joking !

Watch WWW (Welsh wool wearer) .. :twak:

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2015, 14:33
Watch WWW (Welsh wool wearer) .. :twak:

BUT I ain't welsh me ol' muckka

Medman
11-06-2015, 14:35

I know but it fitted in better (actress to bishop)

LindaD
11-06-2015, 14:36

My God MM, the Welsh have kidnapped you, tell me who it was and I'll get them for you :laugh::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
11-06-2015, 14:42
I know but it fitted in better (actress to bishop)

Always the best way

My God MM, the Welsh have kidnapped you, tell me who it was and I'll get them for you :laugh::laugh:

Some tall dark handsome geezer I met in Tenerife :cheeky:

essexeddie
11-06-2015, 20:02
Strange how whenever immigrants are mentioned the old race card gets thrown at you.

imablue
11-06-2015, 22:12

There are a million poles in the UK but about 10k of them on benefits, that is 1% of Poles. The real thieves are the people picking your pocket every day, AKA the government.

Hang on lad if it wasn,t for an elected government what ever side of the political spectrum one wants to be, where in the world would anyone be ...
Fact Jabba state your stance and origin ..if you care to ...

Jabba43
11-06-2015, 22:43
I have no problem with Eastern Europeans coming over to earn money for a better way of life, they work hard and deserve it, what gets my goat is when I watch programmes on TV showing scrounging Romanians coming over to thieve and claim benefits, and you can't deny it is happening, and I worry for the future of my nieces and nephews with the lack of jobs, because a few weeks ago I was talking to someone working at a factory on £8 an hour, the boss came to him and asked if he would take a £2 an hour cut, he said no, and the boss told him he would have to let him go because he had got a polish guy that would

I have been called worse:lol:

Yeah them damn Romanians, all 1040 of them coming to take our job seekers allowance. Stop reading the daily hate it just makes you angry

http://static.guim.co.uk/ni/1418312656641/EU_Unemployment_Datablog_do.svg

Hang on lad if it wasn,t for an elected government what ever side of the political spectrum one wants to be, where in the world would anyone be ...
Fact Jabba state your stance and origin ..if you care to ...

Sorry to disappoint you because I can see you were licking your lips at the thought of me being a Half black/ half Muslim homosexual social worker but I am very white with conservative parents. I am a libertarian so I believe in self sufficiency, small government and low taxes and pretty much no social benefits.

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 13:35
Jabba43 with respect, your post above reads like it's from someone who's very angry indeed.

My point being that you don't only get this behaviour from readers of the Daily Mail..

And in what way is Marbro8 an immigrant?....

essexeddie
12-06-2015, 16:19
Sounds more like a Guardian reader to me.

information
12-06-2015, 16:30
it reminds me of many Brits I have met over the years whilst living here. They moan about the Poles and other easten Europeans taking their jobs in the UK or working in the black market and not paying their taxes.

So what do they do? They pack up sticks and move here where they do illegal taxi runs, clean apartments or do any odd job as long as its cash in the hand:lol: They don't see what they are doing wrong, even when its pointed out to them. One even told me he had a right to live this way as the UK was part of Europe:lol:

essexeddie
12-06-2015, 17:07
it reminds me of many Brits I have met over the years whilst living here. They moan about the Poles and other easten Europeans taking their jobs in the UK or working in the black market and not paying their taxes.

So what do they do? They pack up sticks and move here where they do illegal taxi runs, clean apartments or do any odd job as long as its cash in the hand:lol: They don't see what they are doing wrong, even when its pointed out to them. One even told me he had a right to live this way as the UK was part of Europe:lol:

The difference is they are not claiming Spanish benefit's old son.

information
12-06-2015, 17:12

well that thought must help the legal Spanish workers put food on their tables.

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 17:19
well that thought must help the legal Spanish workers put food on their tables.

Remind me again how many Spanish officials are involved in corruption charges?......A fine example.

information
12-06-2015, 17:27
Remind me again how many Spanish officials are involved in corruption charges?......A fine example.

if I had a clue what you were talking about it may help. My point was, how can people complain about illegal workers in their country and then do the same in someone elses country? I'm sure there is a word for this??

essexeddie
12-06-2015, 17:33
if I had a clue what you were talking about it may help. My point was, how can people complain about illegal workers in their country and then do the same in someone elses country? I'm sure there is a word for this??

Yup! The word is 'we are going around in circles'. " They are not claiming Spanish benefits" unlike the many immigrants in the UK.

information
12-06-2015, 17:37
Yup! The word is 'we are going around in circles'. " They are not claiming Spanish benefits" unlike the many immigrants in the UK.

Do you really believe that they would stop coming to the UK if they had no rights to benifits?

just to go back on your point, they may not be claiming benefits from Spain but a lot of them are still claiming from back home which is why they always seem to be jetting back for the weekend.

primrose
12-06-2015, 17:45
Do you really believe that they would stop coming to the UK if they had no rights to benifits?

Yes.Why else do you think they are going to the UK, they cross many Countries where they would be safe, but they don't get Benefits so climb into back of lorries, and the poor lorry driver is fined, while the immigrants get benefits, houses and medical treatment.And you think that's fair.

marbro8
12-06-2015, 17:51

just to go back on your point, they may not be claiming benefits from Spain but a lot of them are still claiming from back home which is why they always seem to be jetting back for the weekend.then why would they not stay in italy france or germany if they are looking for a better life???,it's because they don't hand out money for doing nothing

Jabba43
12-06-2015, 17:52
I am was born in Australia, have an Ozzie father, English mother, my Grandparents were immigrants from Belgium and Poland to the UK in 1911 ish. I have a Czech wife and live in Prague/The Reef. I believe we all live on this rock together and some fail to see the irony of them whining about "the immigrants" whilst living as an immigrant themselves on the Island. Somehow because they think they are white and from the UK they have a god given right to roam the earth doing what they want. I am not a lefty at all, probably the opposite but I believe in open borders and it has great benefits, just do not give people money for doing nothing.

What I really love about the Island is how we have south americans, northern european, spanish all living together so well with little racism. I travelled the earth for 10 years and learned to love all people. Wish it was the same for a lot of people posting here that think people are after there precious benefits when you look at this, hardly anything major is it? http://static.guim.co.uk/ni/1418312656641/EU_Unemployment_Datablog_do.svg

then why would they not stay in italy france or germany if they are looking for a better life???,it's because they don't hand out money for doing nothing

Man you are such a bigot and you do not even know it.

tfs1
12-06-2015, 17:53
Yes.Why else do you think they are going to the UK, they cross many Countries where they would be safe, but they don't get Benefits so climb into back of lorries, and the poor lorry driver is fined, while the immigrants get benefits, houses and medical treatment.And you think that's fair.

couldn't have put it better myself.

then why would they not stay in italy france or germany if they are looking for a better life???,it's because they don't hand out money for doing nothing

Maybe there is another reason why they dont want to live in Italy, France or Germany - I'm sure someone will tell us.

information
12-06-2015, 17:56

Germany takes in more than the UK, in fact they take the most of all europe. The highest number of people from europe moving to the UK are from Spain. Do you think all these just move for benifits?

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 17:58
Germany takes in more than the UK, in fact they take the most of all europe. The highest number of people from europe moving to the UK are from Spain. Do you think all these just move for benifits?

And do you think they move there because they're having their houses bombed?

information
12-06-2015, 18:03
And do you think they move there because they're having their houses bombed?

again you need to explain what you mean? In the above post people ask why they don't stay in Germany of France, well they do. Germany takes the most followed by France. Spanish make up the highest number moving to the UK so why are they never in the papers for claiming benifits or do you believe not one of them do?

primrose
12-06-2015, 18:06

What do they live on in Spain when their Benefits run out and how do they then get Medical Treatment when their Social runs out.So yes I do think a majority go for the Benefits. And as for people going back to the UK for medical treatment if they have paid into the system all their lives then why not, you seem to think it's OK for anybody to walk into the UK never having paid a penny and get everything that is going.

marbro8
12-06-2015, 18:08
I am was born in Australia, have an Ozzie father, English mother, my Grandparents were immigrants from Belgium and Poland to the UK in 1911 ish. I have a Czech wife and live in Prague/The Reef. I believe we all live on this rock together and some fail to see the irony of them whining about "the immigrants" whilst living as an immigrant themselves on the Island. Somehow because they think they are white and from the UK they have a god given right to roam the earth doing what they want. I am not a lefty at all, probably the opposite but I believe in open borders and it has great benefits, just do not give people money for doing nothing.

What I really love about the Island is how we have south americans, northern european, spanish all living together so well with little racism. I travelled the earth for 10 years and learned to love all people. Wish it was the same for a lot of people posting here that think people are after there precious benefits when you look at this, hardly anything major is it? http://static.guim.co.uk/ni/1418312656641/EU_Unemployment_Datablog_do.svg

Man you are such a bigot and you do not even know it.and you are an idiot that sees the world through rose tinted glasses, and you don't know what you are talking about, for one i am NOT an immigrant, i holiday twice a year in tenerife, and two don't call me a bigot just because i am sick and tired of freeloaders sponging off my country because some bureaurocrat in brussels say they can, just because it isn't happening where you live, why don't you just turn your house into a soup kitchen and stop whinging about something that isn't affecting you and your family. and just to point out, you have been thanked once by some insignificant nutter so nobody else thinks you know what you are talking about either

information
12-06-2015, 18:13
What do they live on in Spain when their Benefits run out and how do they then get Medical Treatment when their Social runs out.So yes I do think a majority go for the Benefits. And as for people going back to the UK for medical treatment if they have paid into the system all their lives then why not, you seem to think it's OK for anybody to walk into the UK never having paid a penny and get everything that is going.

I never said a word about going to the UK for medical treatment, I said a lot here are claiming benifits in the UK whilst living here. The Spanish can still get medical even if no benifits are paid as long as they sign on as unemployed, they also get a payment made towards their pension.

As for people returning for medical care would you agree it was OK if say an Indian worked for say 20 years in the UK, paid all his taxes, moved back to India and 10 years later returned for treatment? After all he has paid in to the system.

ciderhunter
12-06-2015, 18:33
Everyone knows why they head to UK, and it's not for the weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_lhlIn1e0

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 18:37
Well that oughta take the heat off marbro8 for a bit.....:lol:

marbro8
12-06-2015, 18:41
Everyone knows why they head to UK, and it's not for the weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_lhlIn1e0well ciderhunter if jabba's mad at me then you can expect a death threat off him:lol::lol:

Ecky Thump
12-06-2015, 18:48
well ciderhunter if jabba's mad at me then you can expect a death threat off him:lol::lol:

I bet the report button is red hot! :D

primrose
12-06-2015, 18:49
I never said a word about going to the UK for medical treatment, I said a lot here are claiming benifits in the UK whilst living here. The Spanish can still get medical even if no benifits are paid as long as they sign on as unemployed, they also get a payment made towards their pension.

As for people returning for medical care would you agree it was OK if say an Indian worked for say 20 years in the UK, paid all his taxes, moved back to India and 10 years later returned for treatment? After all he has paid in to the system.

What on earth are you talking about,the Spanish can't even get Benefits or medical treatment in their own country when they have used all their Social up. And as for the Indian--well?????I will leave that to you, because I have no idea how your mind works.

information
12-06-2015, 18:59
What on earth are you talking about,the Spanish can't even get Benefits or medical treatment in their own country when they has used all their Social up. And as for the Indian--well?????I will leave that to you, because I have no idea how your mind works.

I think you will find they can.

I lived and worked in the UK for 20 years before I moved here. I now have lived and worked here for 20 years. If I needed medical care why should the UK tax payer pay for me, I don't live there. Yes I paid in to their system but I also paid 10 years in to BUPA, do you think I could go back and have my hip replaced on BUPA as I did pay in so how can they say no. My son was 6 months old when we moved, do you think he should get treament in the UK for free as well on my payments?

primrose
12-06-2015, 19:05
I think you will find they can.

I lived and worked in the UK for 20 years before I moved here. I now have lived and worked here for 20 years. If I needed medical care why should the UK tax payer pay for me, I don't live there. Yes I paid in to their system but I also paid 10 years in to BUPA do you think I could go back and have my hip replaced on BUPA as I did pay in so how can they say no. My son was 6 months old when we moved, do you think he should get treament in the UK for free as well on my payments?

Thought you lived in Prague.

information
12-06-2015, 19:07
Thought you lived in Prague.

don't think I have even passed close to it ???

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 19:11
don't think I have even passed close to it ???

She's mixing you up with Bruce.......:lol:

marbro8
12-06-2015, 19:14
Thought you lived in Prague.thats jabba:wink2:

primrose
12-06-2015, 19:30
thats jabba:wink2:

Don't know my Prague from my India.

essexeddie
12-06-2015, 21:14
It seems the Mongrel's on here will never understand.

Tshirt
05-07-2015, 11:32
Go on then, I don't suppose one more will do any harm