PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to this forum?

candy2411
11-06-2015, 11:13
I cannot understand why some people on this forum are behaving in my opinion so badly. If people are taking offence to certain posts , the answer is simple. Don't bother reading and certainly don't reply. As it happens ,as I am an owner soon to be resident, the future of British tv in Tenerife IS important to me, and yes I am happy to be alerted to possible future changes.The fact that some of the info given is scaremongering is totally irrelevant as I am quite capable of taking on board the info being provided and making my own relevant choices as to whether I listen to it or act upon it.

Some of the posts I've seen from some members are too ridiculous in my opinion and amount to nothing more than bullying and harassment. Harsh words I know , but its the reality I'm afraid, and goes to prove cyber bullying isn't just for kids.

LindaD
11-06-2015, 11:52
Candy I Would hate to think I have caused someone offence, and yes you're right, you have to make informed decisions about things which are important to you.
However, I do see from reading the posts, that it appears that he was previously banned under another name, so you've got to ask yourself why! As I've stated previously I've no knowledge at all about the television channels in question and, yes, you would need expert advice. Maybe a PM to,this guy would help? Although I would imagine there are many places you can contact to find the info you require. You have to ask yourself this, why is coming into an open forum giving out this kind of information, if he's not touting for business. I think what other forum members are saying is that if that is the case then you have to pay to advertise on the forum which he appears not to be doing.
Perhaps this guys people skills are not what they should be either, it does seems very threatening talk towards Ecky as I Previously stated on the other thread.
Again Candy my apologies if I have caused you any offence.

TOTO 99
11-06-2015, 12:17
Why is this thread called "what is happening to this forum" when it's actually about the defense of the TV man?
Everyone has their own opinion on the guy. I've yet to see anyone put anything good about him or his business.
I have no problem if you like or support him. But it does mean you having to accept that you're in a minority.
I would never try to swing your opinion....and that's a two way street..

Angusjim
11-06-2015, 12:22
I cannot understand why some people on this forum are behaving in my opinion so badly. If people are taking offence to certain posts , the answer is simple. Don't bother reading and certainly don't reply. As it happens ,as I am an owner soon to be resident, the future of British tv in Tenerife IS important to me, and yes I am happy to be alerted to possible future changes.The fact that some of the info given is scaremongering is totally irrelevant as I am quite capable of taking on board the info being provided and making my own relevant choices as to whether I listen to it or act upon it.

Some of the posts I've seen from some members are too ridiculous in my opinion and amount to nothing more than bullying and harassment. Harsh words I know , but its the reality I'm afraid, and goes to prove cyber bullying isn't just for kids.

I think he gives as good as he gets on here, has he actually answered anybodies question with a simple to understand statement ? he much prefers to copy & paste stories and try to belittle people who have an opinion that differs from his. Much like a banned member from the past who was a expert as well.

LindaD
11-06-2015, 12:29
[B]
I think he gives as good as he gets on here, has he actually answered anybodies question with a simple to understand statement.

More than AJ, nobody used threatening talk in my opinion other than him

Megaloo
11-06-2015, 13:02
Candy that is fine to have your opinion but you only know of him on this Forum never met him I presume so I would do some research re your UK TV when you come to live here I rest my case:wink:

candy2411
11-06-2015, 14:22
Candy I Would hate to think I have caused someone offence, and yes you're right, you have to make informed decisions about things which are important to you.
However, I do see from reading the posts, that it appears that he was previously banned under another name, so you've got to ask yourself why! As I've stated previously I've no knowledge at all about the television channels in question and, yes, you would need expert advice. Maybe a PM to,this guy would help? Although I would imagine there are many places you can contact to find the info you require. You have to ask yourself this, why is coming into an open forum giving out this kind of information, if he's not touting for business. I think what other forum members are saying is that if that is the case then you have to pay to advertise on the forum which he appears not to be doing.
Perhaps this guys people skills are not what they should be either, it does seems very threatening talk towards Ecky as I Previously stated on the other thread.
Again Candy my apologies if I have caused you any offence.

No offence taken on my part Linda, I just can't understand why people are getting so upset about a guy who maybe is touting for business. I just cannot see what harm the guy is doing and he's probably laughing his socks off seeing he's got everyone in a right stew and behaving downright childishly. Everyone just needs to move on. If people don't read or comment on his posts no doubt it will all stop. That's all.

Ecky Thump
11-06-2015, 15:00
Candy, if you are referring to the dislike that is being shown to TVs, then you should be aware that there are forum members who have direct knowledge of this poster and indeed have met him, so before anybody embarks on a crusade towards his defence, then they should maybe realise this, just because they see a poster named..Joe , from Ipswich, Male, it maybe in fact, Margaret, who resides in Tenerife and is the person who knows of him and has dealt with him.
As for him stopping posting, then I think we are all maybe a bit misguided, as can be seen by his past performance, he is a very determined man.
But just like you, I think bullying of any kind is unacceptable.

candy2411
11-06-2015, 16:07
Can I just say, I wasn't so much embarking on a defence for the guy, I was more stating the' pack' element of some posters was just as unpleasant to read on a public forum. If the guy is touting for business and in breach of forum rules, then if there are no mods around to ban him ,then so be it. It's not exactly a criminal offence and what is wrong with determination if its nothing illegal.

I don't know the manager of my local supermarket, and even if he were the pushiest salesman ever, if he were offering the product I wanted at the price I wanted, I'd still shop there.

Ecky Thump
11-06-2015, 16:37
Can I just say, I wasn't so much embarking on a defence for the guy, I was more stating the' pack' element of some posters was just as unpleasant to read on a public forum. If the guy is touting for business and in breach of forum rules, then if there are no mods around to ban him ,then so be it. It's not exactly a criminal offence and what is wrong with determination if its nothing illegal.

I don't know the manager of my local supermarket, and even if he were the pushiest salesman ever, if he were offering the product I wanted at the price I wanted, I'd still shop there.

The only further point that I would make is that for the forum to continue operating it needs advertising income, it might not be illegal for TVs to pursue his free advertising, but it's certainly unethical/immoral, so I for one can't condone his determination and pushy attitude in doing what he does.

timmylish
11-06-2015, 17:02
Candy. The advantage some of us, on here, have over you is experience. Not of anything to do with TV/telephone systems/all things pertaining to internet etc but experience of a downright pest! There now, you have a simple, unequivocal opinion which I have towards this guy. Simple really. A pest. What others have said in their defence of what you seem to think is a 'pack attack' on another member(s). Not only is he constantly pushing his product, which a lot of us have problems in actually ascertaining its worth both financially and on its merits but, whenever I have come on to inform other members of a system or an opportunity to look at an alternative TV system or the like this person comes on here trying to undermine it, using that opportunity to push his case (when its not been called for) and generally trying to disrupt the argument being presented at that time. Now I am using my position in a singular capacity as I can hardly speak for others but I think that you will find this viewpoint universally agreed with. Am I a bully? Well some members have previously indicated that they have thought I might be but I would put the case that I am very strong willed/opinionated, for which I make no apology.
So there you have it. My defence to your accusations. As we all agree (!) we are all entitled to our own opinions, like it or lump it.

TOTO 99
11-06-2015, 17:40
Spot on Timmy.....excellent piece considering its still daylight....

I see Christopher Lee passed away today...there's a definite opening for your after hours skills mate....lol.

Megaloo
11-06-2015, 18:10
Absolutely spot on Thanks Timmylish

essexeddie
11-06-2015, 18:51
I can't understand the problem. If nobody took any notice then the tw@ would go away.

Ecky Thump
11-06-2015, 18:58
I can't understand the problem. If nobody took any notice then the **** would go away.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I can't understand the problem. If nobody took any notice then the tw@ would go away.

Trolls & Spammers don't just disappear, they are persistent pests that are difficult to eradicate.....

Oh how good it would be if we could just simply sprinkle them with DDT.:)

timmylish
12-06-2015, 02:08

You completely miss the point. The guy just does not go away, ever. If I come on here with a bit of information, for say newcomers to Tenerife and Mr. Pest sticks his nose in, confuses new members who were hoping to get straightforward, clear advice it has defeated the purpose of me offering this advice in the first place!
You 'cannot understand the problem' on this one but have no difficulties in deciding that Romanians are the cause of most problems in England? Strange.

primrose
12-06-2015, 09:00
You completely miss the point. The guy just does not go away, ever. If I come on here with a bit of information, for say newcomers to Tenerife and Mr. Pest sticks his nose in, confuses new members who were hoping to get straightforward, clear advice it has defeated the purpose of me offering this advice in the first place!
You 'cannot understand the problem' on this one but have no difficulties in deciding that Romanians are the cause of most problems in England? Strange.

When does anybody ever come on here with straightforward advice???????? You have just jumped from Mr Pest as you call him to Romanians causing most of the problems in England. Strange.

Ecky Thump
12-06-2015, 09:27
When does anybody ever come on here with straightforward advice???????? You have just jumped from Mr Pest as you call him to Romanians causing most of the problems in England. Strange.

Yes, I got confused by that, I couldn't see the link about advice on TVs information and Romanians in England.???

Malteser Monkey
12-06-2015, 09:53
Yes, I got confused by that, I couldn't see the link about advice on TVs information and Romanians in England.???

think it's in another thread - I have seen it

Medman
12-06-2015, 09:59
think it's in another thread - I have seen it

It's in "Boat People", but no need to refer to that. Timmylish post was ok IMO and then he goes and spoils it.

Malteser Monkey
12-06-2015, 10:05
It's in "Boat People", but no need to refer to that. Timmylish post was ok IMO and then he goes and spoils it.

Well it was after midnight as stated by my favourite !:cheeky:

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 10:42
To be honest it's quite easy to ignore his ramblings. They're usually immediately off putting just by their size and presentation. I stopped reading them a long time ago.

The fun and games only start when someone comes on and asks a question regarding television in Tenerife. He has some knowledge and more importantly a vested interest in this field. Unfortunately anyone else's point of view are met with total argument to the point where the person asking the question might be fooled into believing that no alternative to the company TVs promotes exists.

That is just wrong. If the mods allow it to continue then so be it. The arguments will run and run....

Perhaps just a pm from the engine room to him might possibly bring an end to the daily screen clashes it causes?...............???

candy2411
12-06-2015, 11:35
Candy. The advantage some of us, on here, have over you is experience. Not of anything to do with TV/telephone systems/all things pertaining to internet etc but experience of a downright pest! There now, you have a simple, unequivocal opinion which I have towards this guy. Simple really. A pest. What others have said in their defence of what you seem to think is a 'pack attack' on another member(s). Not only is he constantly pushing his product, which a lot of us have problems in actually ascertaining its worth both financially and on its merits but, whenever I have come on to inform other members of a system or an opportunity to look at an alternative TV system or the like this person comes on here trying to undermine it, using that opportunity to push his case (when its not been called for) and generally trying to disrupt the argument being presented at that time. Now I am using my position in a singular capacity as I can hardly speak for others but I think that you will find this viewpoint universally agreed with. Am I a bully? Well some members have previously indicated that they have thought I might be but I would put the case that I am very strong willed/opinionated, for which I make no apology.
So there you have it. My defence to your accusations. As we all agree (!) we are all entitled to our own opinions, like it or lump it.

Timmylish, I thank you for your concern but would point out that I have been a member of this forum since 2011 and even earlier on the previous one, I have owned my property in Tenerife for over 20 years now and dealt with all sorts of situations quite admirably, least of all importance being given to availability or otherwise of British tv! I am in no way lacking in experience I don't not recognise, or know how to deal with a 'pest' as you put it !

I've said it before but again, if you don't like the posts then it's simple, don't read them !

If the real problem is the fact he's getting free advertising, and the forum needs money to survive, then how about the administrators introducing some sort of membership fee. In fact I believe there already is a paypal account where donations can be made.

Angusjim
12-06-2015, 12:52
Timmylish, I thank you for your concern but would point out that I have been a member of this forum since 2011 and even earlier on the previous one, I have owned my property in Tenerife for over 20 years now and dealt with all sorts of situations quite admirably, least of all importance being given to availability or otherwise of British tv! I am in no way lacking in experience I don't not recognise, or know how to deal with a 'pest' as you put it !

I've said it before but again, if you don't like the posts then it's simple, don't read them !

If the real problem is the fact he's getting free advertising, and the forum needs money to survive, then how about the administrators introducing some sort of membership fee. In fact I believe there already is a paypal account where donations can be made.

Thats good sound advice :doh::lol::whistle:

Tshirt
12-06-2015, 13:27
Thats good sound advice :doh::lol::whistle:

And loud.............

Medman
12-06-2015, 13:43
And loud.............

Hey ! I'm trying to sleep here .. :nono:

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 13:51
Hey ! I'm trying to sleep here .. :nono:

Then you should be on the illegal lettings thread......:lol:

Angusjim
12-06-2015, 13:53
thats good sound advice :doh::lol::whistle:

oooops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warbey
12-06-2015, 18:47
well Folk I have spent about an Hour looking around the Forum to try and discover what all the Fuss is.

I agree the Title of the Thread is a trifle misleading and I honestly fail to see what all the fuss is about.

I had to look because I tend to ignore Posts or threads that don't relate to Me or My interests

The posts in general I haven't read for Years and won't in the future either. after this posting.

I honestly can't understand how being a Member for a while has really anything to do with spotting these People
surely We already know the best action is to ignore them, so I for one wont be adding to this thread. after this rant.

primrose
12-06-2015, 18:57
well Folk I have spent about an Hour looking around the Forum to try and discover what all the Fuss is.

I agree the Title of the Thread is a trifle misleading and I honestly fail to see what all the fuss is about.

I had to look because I tend to ignore Posts or threads that don't relate to Me or My interests

The posts in general I haven't read for Years and won't in the future either.

I honestly can't understand how being a Member for a while has really anything to do with spotting these People
surely We already know the best action is to ignore them, so I for one wont be adding to this thread.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Love it, You just have.

warbey
12-06-2015, 19:00

....X.....dear.

Ecky Thump
12-06-2015, 19:01

The posts in general I haven't read for Years and won't in the future either. after this posting.

surely We already know the best action is to ignore them, So I for one won't be adding to this thread..

Errrrr
:D :D :D

TOTO 99
12-06-2015, 19:04
Errrrr
:D :D :D

Technically he's right....

I don't think you could describe the stuff Warbey puts as "adding to a thread".....:lol:

Ecky Thump
12-06-2015, 19:07

I don't think you could describe the stuff Warbey puts as "adding to a thread".....:lol:

Ooh, you are awful.....But I like it.:cheeky:

primrose
12-06-2015, 19:07

But we still love him. :tiphat:

marbro8
12-06-2015, 19:17
But we still love him. :tiphat:love is a strong word.....:lol::cheeky:

Ecky Thump
12-06-2015, 21:14
love is a strong word.....:lol::cheeky:

The Lookie Lookie men in Tenerife love you!:cheeky:

Malteser Monkey
13-06-2015, 11:56

:laugh:

But we still love him. :tiphat:

someone has to:kiss:

warbey
13-06-2015, 19:26
x.x.x ..

TOTO 99
13-06-2015, 23:57
x.x.x ..

At last Michael..a post I can understand...:respect: