PDA

View Full Version : Relocation hidden housing costs ie Community tax & Factoring what `s the norm

clivey
13-06-2015, 21:48
Thinking about a long term let soon after deciding buying is not a great idea.

Sorry to pick you lots brains again, but what hidden costs would I expect to consider , say on a 2 bed apartment? comparing like for like. ie letting v buying

I suppose i`m really looking to see the differences between the Island and the UK.

To expand. A 2 bed modern flat in the UK bought cash would still perhaps have monthly costs attached. Say £150 council tax and Perhaps £50-£100 in factoring fees to cover ground maintenance and insurances etc etc. A tenant on the other hand would only be responsible for the Council Tax.

Thanks In Advance.

clivey
14-06-2015, 10:50
Almost all the adverts I have seen and my own long term rental contract stipulate a monthly rental cost plus a figure to cover water and electricity costs which the landlord pays. In our case it's €50 a month but our landlord underestimated the cost as he had only used the apartment for weekends so we end up paying about €80 a month. We have not been asked to pay anything else.

Thanks the respose Stewart. This is exactly the kind of detail I was after.

Loredana
14-06-2015, 14:49
Hello everybody. I hope my intervention on the thread is not too out of subject but i would need some help if you guys would be so kind. We are a couple who intends to relocate in Tenerife in apron 4 weeks. We are already browsing for one month the real estate websites but i would like to know if any of you have any recommendation for us. Do you maybe know one good real estate agent who can help us find a home? How did you manage to find a long term rental ? Any suggestion or advice is more than welcomed.
Best regards to all of you :)

Susief23
14-06-2015, 15:20
Hello everybody. I hope my intervention on the thread is not too out of subject but i would need some help if you guys would be so kind. We are a couple who intends to relocate in Tenerife in apron 4 weeks. We are already browsing for one month the real estate websites but i would like to know if any of you have any recommendation for us. Do you maybe know one good real estate agent who can help us find a home? How did you manage to find a long term rental ? Any suggestion or advice is more than welcomed.
Best regards to all of you :)

Welcome to the forum.
Young Golfer and CIM are estate agents and both are very good and am sure will help you if they can.
Maybe PM them a message.

Loredana
14-06-2015, 22:10
Where in Tenerife do you want to live?
anywhere, i guess :)

bonitatime
19-06-2015, 06:45
Generally rental only incluedes water and electric though a couple of our contracts include rubbish
Owners pay comunity fees and IBI(rates)

Loredana
20-07-2015, 12:39
Hello guys. So i am in Puerto de la Cruz for 3 days and i have no real start for my searches. I don`t know which area would be the best for us considering for the beginning we would like something cheaper. I noticed that Adeje area is more expensive, doesn't have to be that; In the same time i contacted few agents and everybody seems so rude , i asked for announcement code since i talk with many others and they tell me they are not payed to send me e-mails. Others ask 1 full month for services. Holy moly ... any advice for me ? i am getting desperate :(