PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Advice on expat families with children in north Tenerife

car75
16-06-2015, 11:49
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please advise us on how many english speaking expat families with younger children there are in tenerife? What about North Tenerife? We like the area but are wondering if this would this be a family friendly area? Considering a move with a 1 year old and 4 year old but want to ensure there is other kids and facilities? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Jason1981
16-06-2015, 13:17
We are just in process of a move and everyone I've spoke to have recommended Adeje or fanabe we have a 4 year old and a 2 year old

car75
16-06-2015, 13:31
Thanks Jason, good luck with your move!

TheBloke
16-06-2015, 22:21
If your children are that young i would have no worries whatsoever......They will learn Spanish in two or three months if you put them in a nursery.Depending where you live there are many expat families....more in the south but many in the north.

car75
16-06-2015, 22:37
If your children are that young i would have no worries whatsoever......They will learn Spanish in two or three months if you put them in a nursery.Depending where you live there are many expat families....more in the south but many in the north.

Thank you!! We are considering the north, this is very encouraging!!

Ecky Thump
16-06-2015, 22:45

It amazes me when you see a couple of five or six year olds playing and talking to each other in fluent Spanish and then one the English parents talk to one of them and the child replies with a regionalised British accent.:)

TheBloke
16-06-2015, 22:57
That's my personal experienceeek2: with two bilingual daughters