PDA

View Full Version : Employment The current Entertainment scene?

TCooper
18-06-2015, 08:27
Hello Tenerife Forum, This message is directed mainly at Cabaret venues, Bar owners and current performers on the Island, I am just wondering how the entertainment scene is at the moment and if new acts are welcome?
I was due to come over last year to showcase my show but sadly my dear ole mum passed away in July..I am now heading back to Europe in the next few weeks and plans are to come to the Island and see how things are so any information up-front would be most welcome.

warm regards

Stephen

Medman
18-06-2015, 08:53
Hello Tenerife Forum, This message is directed mainly at Cabaret venues, Bar owners and current performers on the Island, I am just wondering how the entertainment scene is at the moment and if new acts are welcome?
I was due to come over last year to showcase my show but sadly my dear ole mum passed away in July..I am now heading back to Europe in the next few weeks and plans are to come to the Island and see how things are so any information up-front would be most welcome.

warm regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen, and welcome to the Forum. I don't know how you go about getting work on the island entertainment scene, but as a regular visitor, I think there could be a market for a Tommy Cooper tribute act (assuming that's your act) There are a few comedian tribute acts on the island; Billy Connelly, Chubby Brown etc. I think something different is required. It will probably take a bit of time to be established. In the words of the great man ....... it won't happen "just like that!" Good luck Mr T ... :D

TCooper
18-06-2015, 09:28
Hi Stephen, and welcome to the Forum. I don't know how you go about getting work on the island entertainment scene, but as a regular visitor, I think there could be a market for a Tommy Cooper tribute act (assuming that's your act) There are a few comedian tribute acts on the island; Billy Connelly, Chubby Brown etc. I think something different is required. It will probably take a bit of time to be established. In the words of the great man ....... it won't happen "just like that!" Good luck Mr T ... :D

Medman,

Thank you very much for your reply and information. Yes indeed the act is based upon the legendary Tommy Cooper, I actually performed the show for a number of years on the Cabaret/club circuit in the UK and with Thomson Sun Holiday's at various resorts throughout Spain and Cyprus and in 2001 I went to Lanzarote to do a gig and ended up staying and working the venues there until 2003! I re-kindled the act in 2013 and now looking at Tenerife, the act is pure Tommy Cooper nothing added so if you are a Cooper fan then you will enjoy the show...hopefully you will get to see it next time you visit and please introduce yourself if you do!

Thanks again

Stephen

Medman
18-06-2015, 21:46
Medman,

Thank you very much for your reply and information. Yes indeed the act is based upon the legendary Tommy Cooper, I actually performed the show for a number of years on the Cabaret/club circuit in the UK and with Thomson Sun Holiday's at various resorts throughout Spain and Cyprus and in 2001 I went to Lanzarote to do a gig and ended up staying and working the venues there until 2003! I re-kindled the act in 2013 and now looking at Tenerife, the act is pure Tommy Cooper nothing added so if you are a Cooper fan then you will enjoy the show...hopefully you will get to see it next time you visit and please introduce yourself if you do!

Thanks again

Stephen

Look forward to seeing your act. Just giving your post a bump !

Angusjim
12-12-2016, 14:17

warm regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen
Have you come over to Tenerife yet? we are always looking for new acts to see when we are over

Cheers
Jim